Long Night of Tanks (021800Zjun12)

Falli

attachment.php?attachmentid=16367&d=1335969349

Welcome Tankers!

Once upon a time… there was an event, taking place several times a year.

An event which was joined by so many people from different nations, an event everyone was looking forward to. After a break of several months, we have to state:

The “Long Night of Tanks” is back!

Therefore, German online community “Panzerbataillon 911(v)” invites everyone interested to join the legendary battle of combined arms on Saturday, 2nd of June 2012 starting at 1800h UTC.

What do you have to expect?

App. 6 – 8 hours of tactical coop-simulation in four campaign-like scenarios

Fighting and cooperating within a multinational taskforce

Enlistment on staffing lists (steelbeasts.org)

Skilled enemy continuing politics by other means

Tons of tanks, APCs, IFVs, recovery vehicles and also some Choppers

Standalone SB Pro PE and TS3-Server

Organized administration crew

Sleep deprivation

Lots of fun

Connection information:

SB Pro PE Server IP: 89.163.167.82

TS3 Server IP: 83.169.4.123 (PW: kettenpolster)

For using HAMACHI VPN-tool, please follow the instructions of the attached PDF-File

Enlistment:

To enlist to unique positions within the Taskforce, please contact the commanding officer “Duke(911)” via PM.

Staffing Lists direct links:

Mission 1 “casus belli”:

http://www.steelbeasts.org/showthread.php?6387-Stellenbesetzungsliste-%28Staffing-List%29-Mission-1

Mission 2 “manus et ferrum”:

http://www.steelbeasts.org/showthread.php?6389-Stellenbesetzungsliste-%28Staffing-List%29-Mission-2

Mission 3 “fata viam invenient”:

http://www.steelbeasts.org/showthread.php?6390-Stellenbesetzungsliste-%28Staffing-List%29-Mission-3

Mission 4 “pulvis et umbra sumus”:

http://www.steelbeasts.org/showthread.php?6391-Stellenbesetzungsliste-%28Staffing-List%29-Mission-4

Intelligence Report:

2 Days ago a refugee ship coming from the town of MISURTI radioed SOS after hitting a sea-mine.

HMS Northumberland responded to the emergency signal and deployed boats to assist in the rescue.

However LUBAYAN government forces set up a trap. Using a fishing boat as a spotter, they fired 2 batteries of art.-missiles at the frigate and scored several hits.

Subsequently 2 crewmen from the RN and NGO employees from the refugee ship where captured and detained.

The captured sailors where paraded on TV and their use as human shields against further NATO air-raids was threatened.

This forced western governments to attempt a daring rescue operation, and provide for regime change while we are at it.

1.) Situation

a). enemy

The garrison of MISURTI(an Inf. BN + 1 tank company) has virtually disintegrated. The northern part of town is held by rebel forces, who MIGHT be at friendly terms with NATO.

The airport, old town and most of the harbor is held by loyalist troops and irregulars. In the south of the city are the army barracks, G2 believes the hostages to be there.

The airport is guarded by loyal paramilitary police units and AA-assets.

b). own

At midnight German DSO units have secured the fishing village of LATAR, just north of the city. The landing bridges there will enable us to deploy light and medium forces.

Our tanks are ready to deploy, but we have to secure the deep water harbor of MISURTI to get them ashore.

South of the city, a light Cav. raiding team has been deployed using A400Ms; landing on an abandoned desert-airfield. They are to move towards the barracks to get out the hostages.

A SOF team was deployed by submarine 18 hours ago, they monitoring the target and will strike as soon as the Cav. arrives

More information will be provided here and at www.steelbeasts.org

911_Hamachi_rar.088529f555ee04b1821baada

911_Hamachi.rar

Edited by Falli

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KT, it is not the first LNoT and it´s not the last.

One of the not writen Laws of 911(v) is: RL goes first!

Have a great day with your Dad and we see you next Time.

For the Rest: Let´s fight hard ;-=

I say we Nuke them from space, really the only way to be sure, baring that I will show and drag along some of the 1CAD:cul:

attachment.php?attachmentid=16367&d=1335969349

Welcome Tankers!

Once upon a time… there was an event, taking place several times a year.

An event which was joined by so many people from different nations, an event everyone was looking forward to. After a break of several months, we have to state:

The “Long Night of Tanks” is back!

UK Armour would love to particpate. Listening out.

And while you aren't listening ...

Now that wooden fences no longer cause massive damage to ASLAVs, etc. the return (or maybe re run?) of the ADF Campaign isn't far off either.

Assuming we get rid of that pesky T-72 company once and for all beforehand. :)

Now that wooden fences no longer cause massive damage to ASLAVs, etc. the return (or maybe re run?) of the ADF Campaign isn't far off either.

I once heard a nice story about compensation being awarded to farmers for fences broken by vehicles during a UN peace keeping mission. It went something like this. The words are spoken by a Brit company commander.

'One of the legal guys insisted I take a look at a 100ft stretch of fencing that had supposedly been destroyed by one of my vehicles. The fence in question had obviously been uprooted by hand as a single piece and laid out carefully on the ground. But the legal guy insisted in paying off the farmer in cash at the going rate of $10/ft - more than he earned in a year.

As we left I drove over the fence in my vehicle, totally destroying it. The farmer was jumping up and down and waving his arms, while the legal was having an apopleptic fit.

'What's the problem?' I said. 'We just bought that fence. We can do what we like with it. And now you know what a fence that's been knocked down by an AIFV really looks like.'

I once heard a nice story about compensation being awarded to farmers for fences broken by vehicles during a UN peace keeping mission. It went something like this. The words are spoken by a Brit company commander.

'One of the legal guys insisted I take a look at a 100ft stretch of fencing that had supposedly been destroyed by one of my vehicles. The fence in question had obviously been uprooted by hand as a single piece and laid out carefully on the ground. But the legal guy insisted in paying off the farmer in cash at the going rate of $10/ft - more than he earned in a year.

As we left I drove over the fence in my vehicle, totally destroying it. The farmer was jumping up and down and waving his arms, while the legal was having an apopleptic fit.

'What's the problem?' I said. 'We just bought that fence. We can do what we like with it. And now you know what a fence that's been knocked down by an AIFV really looks like.'

Sounds like something I'd do.

Well I can't make the Long night of the Tanks :( don't you hate it

when a holiday gets in the way :)

But if the times work out right put me down for ADF campaign.