Newbie on SB Forums...

BrandonKF

Pleasure to meet everyone here.

I do not know if anyone here will mind if I use the General Discussion forum as a way of introducing myself, but if it is not appropriate, than by all means please inform me and move my thread to a more appropriate venue.

My name is Brandon. I believe I was made aware of Steel Beasts prior to this, but due to other circumstances (namely, life as we know it), I never was able to get into it.

After 2 years of unemployment, I am now searching to possibly buy myself a new laptop and perhaps also join the Steel Beasts Pro Personal community. My reason would be that I was a 19 Kilo with the United States Army. Now, at 27, I am still young, and still love the tank that I took great pride in being a crew member of.

So, I would like to ask everyone here how many of the players here are regular (that is, once or twice a month) observers of the forums and the in-game threads. Simply put, while I am learning to live my life in civilian sector, I am also learning to juggle my free time more wisely, as well as my money, and I would like to know just how often I could come in and enjoy an hour or two (maybe three) of the 'old-fashioned' form of armor warfare.

Also, I would like to know if there is a site around here where I may download the Steel Beasts topographical maps in a .jpeg format, since I do not at this time have the money necessary to drop on .rar format, which I believe is what is most commonly used on the website.

Furthermore, for future use and understanding of how Steel Beasts works, how many of these versions do I need to download, and do I have to pay an individual price for the updates, or would I be able to buy the latest updated version - which I believe is 2.640 - and play off it directly?

If anyone would care to introduce themselves and chat, I would not mind either... I like to know the men I am writing to (and possibly to be fighting against). My own background stretches only so far back as 2003, where I have spent only 1 of my combat tours in an M1 chassis - that being the updated M1A1 AIMS. Later on, I was qualified for M1A2 SEPS/SEPSv2 versions, but only briefly, as my later combat tours were more groundpounding rather than treadhead.

Praying that God blesses you all in your days and nights to come, and looking forward to chatting with you all. Blessed be.

there's the friday night game, where 12-15 people show up regularly. sometimes we have other campaigns going as well, such as the top tank platoon games.

winrar is free, although it throws up an annoying message every time you open it.

you'll be able to buy the latest version directly

1. You can play steel beasts for free, at least for 2 weeks. You can email esims to request a demo, just tell them you are 19k and want to play or link them to this post and they will send you a demo key. Check the main page for the email.

2. Winrar is shareware - so .rar is not an issue

3. Most people who play are either active or veterans - so you'll fit right in. I'm one of the few civs around these parts.

1. You can play steel beasts for free, at least for 2 weeks. You can email esims to request a demo, just tell them you are 19k and want to play or link them to this post and they will send you a demo key. Check the main page for the email.

That's not quite how it works ...

Hi Brandon,

I'm one of the email addresses referred to above (the link "gibson" on the main page).

Basically drop Sean or I an email and we will lend you (not send a demo key) one of "our" licenses (I own 8 so I can let a few people borrow and still be able to play).

Two weeks is about right though (longer if you have questions, shorter if you don't want it or your dongle arrives).

Anyway glad to have you on board and looking forward to the email (BTW please just email Sean or I, not both otherwise we'll both be trying to lend you licenses and someone else may miss out).

Thank you again, Gibson, krause.

I'm glad to know not to e-mail the both of you, Gibson. I would not want to ruin someone else's day by not giving them an opportunity to play.

As far as fitting in... :grin:

For now, of course, I will have to wait and see. I'm not sure whether this old rebuilt computer a certain someone bought me will handle the program. Hence the need for a new computer. But considering the friendliness of everyone here, I wanted to introduce myself first and get some questions out of the way before I waste anyone's time with long download times and whatnot.

Pleasure to meet everyone here.

I do not know if anyone here will mind if I use the General Discussion forum as a way of introducing myself, but if it is not appropriate, than by all means please inform me and move my thread to a more appropriate venue.

My name is Brandon. I believe I was made aware of Steel Beasts prior to this, but due to other circumstances (namely, life as we know it), I never was able to get into it.

After 2 years of unemployment, I am now searching to possibly buy myself a new laptop and perhaps also join the Steel Beasts Pro Personal community. My reason would be that I was a 19 Kilo with the United States Army. Now, at 27, I am still young, and still love the tank that I took great pride in being a crew member of.

So, I would like to ask everyone here how many of the players here are regular (that is, once or twice a month) observers of the forums and the in-game threads. Simply put, while I am learning to live my life in civilian sector, I am also learning to juggle my free time more wisely, as well as my money, and I would like to know just how often I could come in and enjoy an hour or two (maybe three) of the 'old-fashioned' form of armor warfare.

Also, I would like to know if there is a site around here where I may download the Steel Beasts topographical maps in a .jpeg format, since I do not at this time have the money necessary to drop on .rar format, which I believe is what is most commonly used on the website.

Furthermore, for future use and understanding of how Steel Beasts works, how many of these versions do I need to download, and do I have to pay an individual price for the updates, or would I be able to buy the latest updated version - which I believe is 2.640 - and play off it directly?

If anyone would care to introduce themselves and chat, I would not mind either... I like to know the men I am writing to (and possibly to be fighting against). My own background stretches only so far back as 2003, where I have spent only 1 of my combat tours in an M1 chassis - that being the updated M1A1 AIMS. Later on, I was qualified for M1A2 SEPS/SEPSv2 versions, but only briefly, as my later combat tours were more groundpounding rather than treadhead.

Praying that God blesses you all in your days and nights to come, and looking forward to chatting with you all. Blessed be.

Welcome, 19K also here. Hope to see ya in the friday nights battles. How about that Ballistic Solution Sample? LOL, Cobra 6

Just a driver, Cobra 6. When I did get any time in a gunner's hole, it was from a Humvee or a MRAP. First tour was Delta Company, 2-72 Armor, 2ID, out of Camp Casey, August '04 to August '05, in Ar Ramadi. Second and third tours were with Charlie Company, 2-5 Cavalry, 1CD, out of Fort Hood, in Baghdad.

If I could get the 3-20.12, I'd definitely have that ballistic solution for you, though.

Just a driver, Cobra 6. When I did get any time in a gunner's hole, it was from a Humvee or a MRAP. First tour was Delta Company, 2-72 Armor, 2ID, out of Camp Casey, August '04 to August '05, in Ar Ramadi. Second and third tours were with Charlie Company, 2-5 Cavalry, 1CD, out of Fort Hood, in Baghdad.

If I could get the 3-20.12, I'd definitely have that ballistic solution for you, though.

and the box of reticles dont forget that, just bring it to the Friday night tank battle. :biggrin: