Multiple sessions?

BadgerDog

I'm always forgetting to unplug and pack up the SB PRO PE "dongle" I use at home, as it's plugged constantly into my powered USB hub. So, if I wanted to purchase a second "dongle" (for use on same computer) to leave in my computer bag and be able to take on business trips, is that possible?

Second, if I wanted to be able to have a second license, so I can have a second machine playable on-line within our home LAN, is that possible?

Any feedback would be appreciated ...

Thanks .. :)

Regards,

Doug

Purchase of second dongle, possible? Yes.

Cost: No idea, but I suspect as it would let you run a second copy of the game totally indepoendent of the main dongle (I don't think both dongles can each have the same license), it may well cost the full price.

One for Nils / Ssnake.

Purchase of secondary licenses for your existing dongle, possible? Absolutely, mine has eight on it.

Cost: I think US$25 per extra, but again check with Nils / Ssnake.

Purchase of secondary licenses for your existing dongle, possible? Absolutely, mine has eight on it.

Cost: I think US$25 per extra, but again check with Nils / Ssnake.

Sounds simple ...

So, the other LAN machines share the primary dongle plugged into one machine on the LAN?

Regards,

Doug

Sounds simple ...

So, the other LAN machines share the primary dongle plugged into one machine on the LAN?

Regards,

Doug

Yes, that is what I do at home, most time the dongle is plugged into my home server with the codemeter software running and it shares out the two licences I have to which ever machine is running SB. As the server has no graphics card etc. (headless) it dosn't run SB Pro PE, just serves the licences to either the desktop or one of the laptops and as the server is tucked away in its own space I don't have to bother about knocking the dongle about, this is especialy good as the grandson manged to bend the dongle and almost split the case about a month ago :shocked:

Yes, that is what I do at home, most time the dongle is plugged into my home server with the codemeter software running and it shares out the two licences I have to which ever machine is running SB.

That's interesting .... :shocked:

I run a MacMini dedicated server on our home LAN and it has a USB port. I didn't realize I could plug the dongle I have into it and then run SB PRO PE from my own separate computer on the same LAN.

I'll have to set that up this weekend and see how it works. I'll download Code Meter, install it on the MacMini and figure out how to make that work.

Thanks for the tip ... :)

Regards,

Doug

Oooopsss... I just thought of something. The MacMini is OSX... does CodeMeter have an OSX version?

Edit: Got my own answer.. checked CodeMeter site and they have an OSX version which I could run on the MacMini home LAN server

• Members
I'm always forgetting to unplug and pack up the SB PRO PE "dongle" I use at home, as it's plugged constantly into my powered USB hub. So, if I wanted to purchase a second "dongle" (for use on same computer) to leave in my computer bag and be able to take on business trips, is that possible?

The discussion may already have surpassed this point, but in principle this means to buy a second copy. Check out the CodeMeter web site for the "CM-Stick/C" - this is ideal for notebooks if you don't intend to pull it out after you plugged it in. It is tiny, and difficult to remove - but since it is so small, it can't break off or anything, so that's a plus.

We have a handful of these, so if you send us an email that you'd prefer one of these, I guess we can accommodate you.

Second, if I wanted to be able to have a second license, so I can have a second machine playable on-line within our home LAN, is that possible?

Yes. You need to start the WebAdmin, go to "Configuration | Network", check the "Run as Server" box, click apply, and restart the CodeMeter service (e.g. by logging off from Windows, and back on). Basically, that's all that is needed. This is how our free demo program works. Sean and Mark have a license server running, so if you know the IP address, you can use it for your evaluation purposes.

You might also limit the IP addresses that may request a license etc., but that's not a mandatory thing.

The discussion may already have surpassed this point, but in principle this means to buy a second copy. Check out the CodeMeter web site for the "CM-Stick/C" - this is ideal for notebooks if you don't intend to pull it out after you plugged it in. It is tiny, and difficult to remove - but since it is so small, it can't break off or anything, so that's a plus.

We have a handful of these, so if you send us an email that you'd prefer one of these, I guess we can accommodate you.

Yes. You need to start the WebAdmin, go to "Configuration | Network", check the "Run as Server" box, click apply, and restart the CodeMeter service (e.g. by logging off from Windows, and back on). Basically, that's all that is needed. This is how our free demo program works. Sean and Mark have a license server running, so if you know the IP address, you can use it for your evaluation purposes.

You might also limit the IP addresses that may request a license etc., but that's not a mandatory thing.

Thanks Boss ... :D

Appreciate the feedback ....

Regards,

Doug

T

Yes. You need to start the WebAdmin, go to "Configuration | Network", check the "Run as Server" box, click apply, and restart the CodeMeter service (e.g. by logging off from Windows, and back on).

Ok, just purchased another license and I'll go through the steps indicated in the emails I received, later when I get to my home LAN tonight and the dongle with the original first license on it... :)

So, if I'm running a CodeMeter server, I can actually use one of the licenses remotely from an SB Pro machine somewhere else across the Internet?

Regards,

Doug

Wow ... :)

Plugged the dongle into a MacMini dedicated server computer which sits on my home LAN.

Followed the email instructions after purchasing the additional SB license, to add it to the dongle.

Followed Ssnake's instructions above to set it up as a server.

Went to separate machine on my LAN which has SB Pro PE installed running under Windows 7/Boot Camp on a Mac and started it up. Somehow it found the SB dongle server on the MacMini server and SB Pro PE started up just fine.

I have NOT tried another second computer to see if the second license would be issued to an SB Pro running on it, but I assume it's just as simple.

Pretty slick stuff.... :D

Regards,

Doug

So, if I'm running a CodeMeter server, I can actually use one of the licenses remotely from an SB Pro machine somewhere else across the Internet?

Regards,

Doug

Yes, if you know your external IP address.

Of course if "somewhere else across the Internet" means behind another Router, you need to setup port forwarding on that Router too.

Yes, if you know your external IP address.

Of course if "somewhere else across the Internet" means behind another Router, you need to setup port forwarding on that Router too.

So, I need to setup Port Forwarding to the MacMini server from the Apple Airport Extreme router, just like I did with the LAN machine when the dongle was plugged into it?

Regards,

Doug

So, I need to setup Port Forwarding to the MacMini server from the Apple Airport Extreme router, just like I did with the LAN machine when the dongle was plugged into it?

Regards,

Doug

Yes.

Except you don't create additional forwarding (that would create havoc with the same ports being forwarded to two different addresses).

Just edit the existing port forwarding to replace the laptop's static IP address with the "server's" static IP address.

Yes.

Except you don't create additional forwarding (that would create havoc with the same ports being forwarded to two different addresses).

Just edit the existing port forwarding to replace the laptop's static IP address with the "server's" static IP address.

That's interesting .. :)

I hadn't looked at it that way. I assumed that if I was sitting on my LAN machine which was getting its license from the MacMini server (dongle plugged in), I'd still needed to Port Forward through my router to my LAN machine running SB Pro, so that it would be able to access outside my LAN to SB servers running on the Internet.

So, in essence, by port forwarding just to the MacMini server with the dongle, all licensed LAN stations automatically are able to network outside my LAN for multiplayer, not requiring individual port forwarding themselves?

Regards,

Doug

Well port forwarding doesn't apply to "internal" traffic (i.e. other machines on your LAN) since that traffic is only to/from the dongle machine's (server or otherwise) internal IP address.

Hence why in a network session using only machines on your internal network you don't need to put an address in the IP box. The session searches the LAN for the dongle.

Port forwarding only comes into effect to forward traffic from "outside" through the Router to the relevant "internal" address.