Tactical Shooter Ground Branch Kickstarter

MBot

Hi everyone. Enthusiastic Steel Beasts player here since about 2 years. I have been quietly reading this fantastic forum since then, now I feel I should make my first post about something that might be of interest for this community.

If you also like tactical shooters next to tank simulations, liked to play games like the original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon and pity the downfall of the genre at the hands of big publishers, you might be interested in the Kickstarter campaign of Ground Branch.

"There are a lot of people that loved Red Storm Entertainment’s original Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear and Ghost Recon but the latest incarnations of those titles just aren’t what they want. To me, Ground Branch is for those people." -John Sonedecker, Founder BlackFoot Studios, LLC and former original member of Red Storm Entertainment.

http://groundbranch.com/

Ground Branch is a realistic tactical shooter in the spirit of the old classics. It has been in development for some years with money out of the pocket of the dedicated developers. Because PC games that require thought and tactics to play are not particularly popular with big publishers, Ground Branch is now on Kickstarter to raise the funds through the community to complete it by summer 2013. So without the direct support from tactical gamers it wont happen. If you support it with at least $15 it will buy you the finished game, so even if you don't want to just support an indie developer this is still a real good deal. If the final goal of the Kickstarter campaign is not reached you will not be charged.

So if you liked to play this old tactical shooter classics, head over to the Ground Branch Kickstarter page to learn more and make a pledge:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch

And please tell your friends, this is our chance to revive a genre :)

Hi everyone. Enthusiastic Steel Beasts player here since about 2 years. I have been quietly reading this fantastic forum since then, now I feel I should make my first post about something that might be of interest for this community.

If you also like tactical shooters next to tank simulations, liked to play games like the original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon and pity the downfall of the genre at the hands of big publishers, you might be interested in the Kickstarter campaign of Ground Branch.

"There are a lot of people that loved Red Storm Entertainment’s original Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear and Ghost Recon but the latest incarnations of those titles just aren’t what they want. To me, Ground Branch is for those people." -John Sonedecker, Founder BlackFoot Studios, LLC and former original member of Red Storm Entertainment.

http://groundbranch.com/

Ground Branch is a realistic tactical shooter in the spirit of the old classics. It has been in development for some years with money out of the pocket of the dedicated developers. Because PC games that require thought and tactics to play are not particularly popular with big publishers, Ground Branch is now on Kickstarter to raise the funds through the community to complete it by summer 2013. So without the direct support from tactical gamers it wont happen. If you support it with at least $15 it will buy you the finished game, so even if you don't want to just support an indie developer this is still a real good deal. If the final goal of the Kickstarter campaign is not reached you will not be charged.

So if you liked to play this old tactical shooter classics, head over to the Ground Branch Kickstarter page to learn more and make a pledge:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch

And please tell your friends, this is our chance to revive a genre :)

Umm how about NOOOOO. Thanks anyways.

Are you worn out from, or just not interested in, the standard run, gun, die, respawn, shoot, die, unlock a weapon, rinse-repeat gameplay of today's so called "Tactical Shooters"?

All the shooters including those mentioned in the link from the mid 90's on were little more than as described above.

Any MP shooter always devolves into the run, gun, shoot, die, respawn experience described above. There's no way around it. Short of a truly dedicated group of players that actually work together (and those guys are in very, very, VERY short supply) the gameplay of a shooter online can be little else.

Offline is a different story but for online MP play - run, gun, shoot, die and respawn is all there's ever gonna be.

Respectfully, Werewolf, I disagree. If both sides in MP are like Steel Beasts, with clear mission objectives and you are limited in the number of personnel (i.e. my terminology for the more common 'lives'), then I would think that more folks would concentrate on proper use of concealment, cover, as well as clearing buildings in proper ways. If Ground Branch may turn out like that, then it could be worthwhile. All the same, however, it is a tough market to break into, considering the fact that the weapons involved, while obviously useful and very much lynchpins in use by our modern-day special forces troops, are limited in number, and many of the newer ones are either focusing on creating larger arsenals that give both Red and Blue forces options in weapons.

Still, I wish the guys who are building this simulator the best of luck and pray that God blesses them in their endeavors. If anything, it would be nice if smaller companies would band together and help each other to create these kinds of games together... it appears (to my untrained eye) that some of the folks over at Ground Branch have some experience with 3-D lighting and shadows, and since that is what the next installment of Steel Beasts might be headed towards, a cooperative effort would probably work wonders.

Of course, your mileage may vary. Hopefully with the gas prices being what it is, it won't be 0.62 miles to the gallon! :D

• 3 weeks later...