The long awaited summer update

daskal

My intention is to stir up the water a bit. Maybe we can squeeze out some new infos from the developers regarding the upcoming major update in the summer ;)

I'm personally very keen on wheter the Leopard2A6 is going to be included in it or not? this hasn't been confirmed nor denied before.

Is this really necessary?

When the beta came out, there were several debates, that led to the eSim representatives finally being very pissed and even asking if they can afford to support any longer the community. and I could understand their reaction.

I strongly advise to let this thread fall down the list. No need to stir up the waters again. give them time, let them work, and when Ssnake thinks he has some reliable information, he will release it at the time of his choice. Can't be any better.

I don't see any problem about having a discussion about it. It's not meant to be offensive or demandive inrespect to anybody. The last thing on my mind is to piss here somebody off. IMO if you don't want to get into this just don't reply to the thread so that it dies down by himself.

If anybody from the devs team is annoyed by this thread just remove it or say so and I will remove it personally.

I am looking forward to the update also Daskal. Hope to see M1A1 updates along with all the other hard work.

As far as Skybirds point. I would have to say it is a good thing folks at SubSim/Silent Hunter are not afraid of asking a simple question.

Apparently there is no one there to bite your head off if you do. Taking into account the amount of the progress and ideas presented by that community, daily.

• 3 weeks later...

As fas as M1A1 updates... I'm really doubting that ChanceBS. The only Abrams updates will probably for the Aussies. Esim is really only making money in European markets from armies.

Believe me... I've done a lot of things to try to introduce Steelbeasts Pro to American military cycles. I even contacted a series of people at Georgia Tech who are working on developing sims for cost-effective training for the Pentagon. Several influencial people. It didn't go anywhere.

I see U.S. Army use as the only way we're going to see the M1A1 even reach M1A2 status in the game.

Here you go:

"Mountain View, CA, March 31st, 2008 Software developer eSim Games, LLC and the official fan site of its premier product, Steelbeasts.com, will be awarding several prizes for the best single player/co-op missions. Submissions will be accepted up until June 1, 2008. Submissions will then be evaluated by judges for the next month. The winners will be announced on July 1, 2008. Judges will be available online on teamspeak on Wednesday nights at 9pm – 10pm CST (GMT-6) to answer questions on scenario design.

The following categories will be rated from 1 to 10 for each scenario.

1) Scoring

2) Briefing

3) Play Balance

4) Fun Factor

5) Replayability

6) Originality

Once the scenarios have been evaluated, each judges scores will be averaged to create a overall score for each scenario, and a score for each category. Prizes will then be awarded for the top 3 overall scenarios, and the top point earner in each of the six categories. All submissions may be included in future releases of Steel Beasts.

Submissions must meet these minimum requirements in order to be evaluated:

1) The submission must be new – you cannot submit an existing scenario.

2) The submission must be your original work. Participants cannot modify other people’s work and submit it as their own.

3) A working score.

4) A briefing that covers the basics (in English). (Machine translation is ok) 5) Routes and waypoints for the red side.

6) One submission will be accepted per person.

7) Judges and eSim Games staff cannot participate in the contest."