Campaign: Red Tide '85 (discussion thread)

Volcano

• Moderators
Sorry "V" man that I´m not getting up at 3:30 at Night to just told you "we want to have some Subchannels".

Jep, I´m A lazy guy.

And if it is to much work to set up 4 Subchannels to TS (needs 1 Minute to do so) have a nice Battle !

And please: CHECK YOUR WORDS BEFORE POSTING DUDE !

Are you kidding? Man you German guys are really anal about your sub channels. Wow. OK, I understand that you cannot show up 30 minutes early given the time zone difference. So, at the very least, can you at least tell me what the exact names of the channel should be here in a post?

And sorry, I am a perfectionist when it comes to posting. I compulsively strive to reword my post to be more polite and efficient, and correct typos. I was not aware that was a crime, DUDE.

Edited by Volcano
typo

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btl Co talks to Co´s and wisper to Brigade.....

I agree. But isn't the easiest way for the Btl C.O to speak to his Company Commanders (Or company commanders to talk to their platoon commanders) to have a SOP that says his direct subordinates must be Channel Commanders. Then the Btl C.O doesn't have to worry about setting up a whisper list to the individuals filling those slots from week to week - which will almost certainly vary. Just hit the CC whisper button and you are talking to the Co C.Os. After all, in RL, you don't worry too much about the name of the person manning a certain callsign - you just call that c/s.

• Moderators
What do you think the Channel should be named?

Omega

Schnewittchen

Santa

New York

???

No:

A

B

C

D

What do we do Here ??

I was going to name them 1.Kp, 2.Kp, 3.Kp, 4.Kp. So as you can see, I would have been wrong.

Thanks for clearing it up, even if you couldn't be bothered not being a total inconsiderate ass about it.

• Moderators
Sorry, but we have only ONE Company tonight, this Company have 4 Platoons, so why we have Channels 1.Kp; 2.Kp; 3.Kp....

Instead of 2.Kp

- 1. Plt = A

- 2. Plt = B

- 3. Plt = C

- 4. Plt = D

That is new to you ???

Uh, no, I was not totally aware the Germans used letters for platoon numbers. OK sure, in the back of my mind I might have known this but perhaps I wouldn't have remembered it when I setup the channel, then I would have to rename them again to letters. And I wasn't sure you knew exactly that only one company was present in THIS scenario, but in another it might be two GE companies (thus I was thinking you wanted to setup company channels). But really, what is so hard to say this:

"Can you please create 4 sub channels under the GE channel of A, B, C, D?"

Problem solved. Or better yet, in your previous post you could of just replied simply "A, B, C, D please" and knock off all the sarcasm.

In any case, I created your blessed sub channels. I am done talking about this.

Edited by Volcano
clarified -- not a crime

Uh, no, I was not totally aware the Germans used letters for platoon numbers. OK sure, in the back of my mind I might have known this but perhaps I wouldn't have remembered it when I setup the channel, then I would have to rename them again to letters. And I wasn't sure you knew exactly that only one company was present in THIS scenario, but in another it might be two GE companies (thus I was thinking you wanted to setup company channels). But really, what is so hard to say this:

Can you please create 4 sub channels under the GE channel of A, B, C, D?

Problem solved. Or better yet, in your previous post you could of just replied simply "A, B, C, D please" and knock off all the sarcasm.

In any case, I created your blessed sub channels. I am done talking about this.

Oh, I did it:

O M G

Every western Tank have 2 Sets of Radio, so you have 2 Channels!

Plt talks to Plt Members and wisper to CO

CO talks to Plt and wisper to Btl CO

Attachments talks to the Plt attached to and wisper to CO or Btl CO

It´s is simple, very simple !

So we, the Germans, need 4 Subchannels in TF GE, PLEASE !

Uh, one question: How long do you need to do this little Wonder ?

• Moderators
Oh, I did it:

Uh, OK. Let's pretend that you did spell it out to me that you wanted four channels (yes) called "A, B, C, D" in that post. But no, sorry, I didn't glean that info out of your post.

Other than that, what else do you want me to do? I am at a loss of what this second post is intending to accomplish? Is this some kind of pissing contest now? Are you trying to exclude yourself from the campaign or something?

While the arty thundered in the background and reports from fleeing citizens of russian tanks in the village behind the hills the unit was out of contact with higher ups. So CO decided to send a dispatch rider on a MC back, afraid that the net was being jammed by russian electronic warfare units.

When the dispatch rider returned to the CO the CO asked, almost red in the face:

-"So, what is happening? why havent we received any orders!? why havent we recieved any reports regarding the rumoured tanks in the village?"

Dispatch Rider just shrugged his shoulders, mumbling something like

-"Damn if I know, its a nuthouse over there, two officers at eachothers throats about some radio net setup and procedure, when I tried to interfere they told me to go to hell, so here I am again. If you want me Im over at the mess trying to get some coffee going."

:biggrin:

While the arty thundered in the background and reports from fleeing citizens of russian tanks in the village behind the hills the unit was out of contact with higher ups. So CO decided to send a dispatch rider on a MC back, afraid that the net was being jammed by russian electronic warfare units.

When the dispatch rider returned to the CO the CO asked, almost red in the face:

-"So, what is happening? why havent we received any orders!? why havent we recieved any reports regarding the rumoured tanks in the village?"

Dispatch Rider just shrugged his shoulders, mumbling something like

-"Damn if I know, its a nuthouse over there, two officers at eachothers throats about some radio net setup and procedure, when I tried to interfere they told me to go to hell, so here I am again. If you want me Im over at the mess trying to get some coffee going."

:biggrin:

Nice, So who is your political/propaganda officer :biggrin:

I'm guessing the Soviets don't have this issue.

No wonder there are so many people in Brussels just to get the armies to stop fighting each other and maybe, guess what, fight the Soviets. :)

I certainly wish my conops had generated as much "enthusiastic" discussion.

Standby one, everybody. What senior commanders will want to know is how to communicate with the Channel Commanders below them as group - by using a single key. Off to do some more trial and error. :) brb.

OK. The answer to this is:

Senior (e.g batallion or company ) commanders who wish to speak only with their subordinates (company or platoon) should set 'Subchannels' in their Whisper Target box.

Subordinate commanders who wish to speak only to the commander one level above them (which will normally be the case) should set 'Parent Channel' in their Whisper Target box. If they select 'All Parent Channels they will be talking to ALL Channel Commanders above them all the way up to SACEUR! :)

Thinks: 'Eisenhower is still the boss isn't he...?'

Would anyone like me to put this in the Wiki? Once I've double checked my facts, of course.

Yes, but make sure there is drawings, pop-up pictures and some crayons to write down any questions on how to use it :biggrin:

O M G

Every western Tank have 2 Sets of Radio, so you have 2 Channels!

Plt talks to Plt Members and wisper to CO

CO talks to Plt and wisper to Btl CO

Attachments talks to the Plt attached to and wisper to CO or Btl CO

It´s is simple, very simple !

!

This is how we did it in the Braverifles campaign and it worked smooth.

Just have to have faith that orders given out will be passed down, and any important info from subordinates will be passed up.

Oh. Well. That was fun.

Sitting around for 2 hrs with thumb up my arse and then dropped.

About 5 mins before we moved and did something.

Typical.

Anyway, thanks for organizing V-man.

If Brit Kit is involved I might pitch up again, would need to know about 24hrs beforehand.

Oh. Well. That was fun.

Sitting around for 2 hrs with thumb up my arse and then dropped.

About 5 mins before we moved and did something.

Typical.

Anyway, thanks for organizing V-man.

If Brit Kit is involved I might pitch up again, would need to know about 24hrs beforehand.

And someone slept RIGHT through his alarm. Guess it was a typical day for us both.

Thanks from me as well. And apologies.