Graphics display issue...

Malakie

When I first bought ProPE, I had a problem after install where the graphics were not correct. The maps for the M2A2, for example, were all messed up. I remember there being some cockpit issues as well.. However I was not able to do anything about it at the time due to lack of internet access and some other things I have been dealing with on a personal level.

Today, I now have internet access and finally the ability to really dig into Steel Beasts ProPE. However I again have a major problem after clean install.

This is a completely different system all around. After install, I then installed the patches v2.640 then 2.654. Was I supposed to install all the previous patches as well?? I am seeing two major problems.

First the outside graphics for some of the units is all messed up. Second, in the majority of units, anytime I try to use certain positions, I get an all black screen but if I look around, I can see the cockpit above me?!!

Again this is a brand new system, completely clean install and then patched per above.

Any ideas on this one?

Well my first thought is this:

After install, I then installed the patches v2.640 then 2.654. Was I supposed to install all the previous patches as well??

All you need to do is install 2.654. Its a complete copy of the software.

So suggest you:

1. Uninstall whatever compilation you currently have.

2. Download 2.654 complete from here: http://www.esimgames.com/Downloads.htm#Steel_Beasts_Pro_PE_2.654

3. Just install that (no other patches, nothing*)

4. See how it goes.

Note: * "nothing" doesn't include DirectX 9c and the CodeMeter software, which you do need. :)

Already updated Codemeter and DX

Well I hope that means you have DirectX 9c installed (specifically).

If, you example you don't but have DirectX 10 installed it wont work. There is a reason why they are specific about version numbers and not just "use the current version".

Also should need to tell you if you have read the Release Notes, but as no one seems to bother and then complains, ensure you install it "as administrator" otherwise editors and other features wont work.

• Members

Also, clean out the mod folder (My Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/mods). It may contain texture files for older vehicle 3D model files that no longer work.

Generally, I recommend reading the Release Notes before installing anything. I know, it's for wussies, but so far all the advice in this thread is something that you could have gathered from the first page of these documents. We're writing them for a reason.

Also, clean out the mod folder (My Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/mods). It may contain texture files for older vehicle 3D model files that no longer work.

Generally, I recommend reading the Release Notes before installing anything. I know, it's for wussies, but so far all the advice in this thread is something that you could have gathered from the first page of these documents. We're writing them for a reason.

I had read all the docs and faqs. Having done a lot of coding myself, I happen to be one of those that tries everything before asking for any kind of help. Thanks though for the recommendations. The install was clean from the DVD then the 2.640 update then the latest update.

I have uninstalled completely and re-installed with the 2.6xx latest version only. So far it seems to be working but still trying different vehicles to check fully.