Pos Challenger reload bug

fidelthefallguy

noticed this about the chally..

in or near a tank position if the tank has been engaging (pressed e) then select reload all or any ammo type from the top menu the tank will move back a small amount then return to scanning front. I tested this in a couple of sce and it happens every time but I first noticed this in the sce below. I have a vid if it helps

!TGIF CR2 vs T72_v3.zip

• Moderators
sry...link fixed

Got it, thanks.

Uh, isn't this the exact same scenario file we just played in TGIF? What I meant by a test scenario is a scenario with as few vehicles as possible that shows the bug. I have this scenario already so it isn't that helpful to narrowing down the problem. In any case I will give it a look.

• Moderators

OK, I think I see the issue. Just to make sure we are seeing/talking about the same thing, is the following what you are seeing?...

1) Challenger 2 enters a vehicle emplacement

2) When Challenger 2 is in the emplacement tell it to reload ammo

3) The reloading will flash in bottom of screen for a second and the tank will move backward, but then suddenly stop reloading, and move back into the battleposition

Is this consistent with what you observe?

If so, we must be seeing the same thing and it should be an easy fix.

FWIW though, you don't have to turn off the engine to reload the ammo in this case, you just have to break the automated battleposition behavior. The easiest way to do this is by pressing S (stop) key which will take control of the unit and break the automated behavior. What seems to be happening is, when you press E while in an emplacement (the dug in hole) the unit is doing automated battle drill in the hole of up/down. While automated, if you tell the vehicle to reload then it will cancel that order and resume the automated BP behavior in the emplacement. Of course turning off the engine, backing up out of the hole, or pressing any ASDW key will break the behavior as mentioned and allow you to reload. This is just something to keep in mind in the mean time until something is done about this.

• 2 weeks later...