Red Tide '85 - Message to BLUEFOR

Gibsonm

Scoping availability for the first "main battle" of Red Tide '85

Almost all of you just received a PM (apart from 12Alfa and Marko - which is why I need to resend most of it again here):

Hi,

Just finished a brief with Volcano and some of you about this TGIF activity. Many though either didn't know or couldn't make it so I'm sending this out to "all".

Firstly future correspondence will be via your unit COs but as time is critical here (you'll see what I mean later) and as a chance to "personally" say Hi, I thought I'd write everyone initially.

Some general notes:

1. In case you aren't aware, there will be a Recon battle in the "TGIW" time slot with the Main battle being on during TGIF. If the recon battles are undermanned the TGIW time slot may move to a time more suitable to UK / European members.

This Recon battle will set the scene for the immediately following Main battle.

2. Unless Sean's machine "dies" the given battle will continue (so if I'm kicked out due to networking or whatever the game will continue). So we will appoint a chain of command prior to each battle.

General idea is ... stuff in the PM

3. Need to play "fair" / realistically. For example, we will not block say a bridge with empty M113s and then destroy them ourselves to deny the crossing.

4. The "Front Line" will be determined in part by my location. So I will be forward (but not in a LTCOL Jones VC way) and will not be micro managing the CO or Company Commanders.

5. Employment of BDE XO. ... stuff in the PM

6. Recon Battle AAR. Volcano will post the recon battle AAR in the TS channel so we can do some recon prior to the Main battle.

7. Start State. This is the time critical bit.

You should all be familiar with the "big picture":

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/images/5/5a/RedTide_85-1_Map.jpg

You will note we start in the "Southern Sector" with the planned Soviet Frontage being described by the yellow area.

I need to tell Volcano within 24hours what our initial force will be to commence the delay.

We don't know where on the 12km strip they are coming (this maybe clarified after the recon battle) but that will pretty much form the Eastern map edge for main battle 1.

My initial thoughts are ... stuff in the PM

This brings me to a final point:

If nothing else gain some familiarity with all the vehicles on our ORBAT / TO&E.

At some time US players will be in Challenger, etc (i.e. using vehicles they aren't familiar with) and crossing the start line is not the time to ask "How do I shoot from this?"

So bottom line:

Can we man those units at this week's TGIF timeslot?

I'm pretty sure the US players can make it but I'm concerned about our European / UK friends (due to the local time)?

Please respond to this PM (within 24 hours) with your availability so I know we have 1 person per platoon (or whatever it works out to be). One person per company will not be a good look.

Good Soldiering,

Mark

Edited by Gibsonm
Make it a one stop shop for all BLUEFOR traffic

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

You can send me a copy of your PM if you think it would help...:biggrin: (NOT!!)

Well it does have a lot of stuff written in english and some maps and graphics (all of which would be of no use to you as a mere Soviet tank commander from somewhere in central asia).

Just drive towards the big hammer and sickle icons that no doubt will appear on the ground in front of you (or wherever your political officer directs you to).

12Alfa, Marko,

Any chance you guys can activate PM capability for your profile while this is running?

There is a bunch of sensitive stuff that you have already missed and 12Alfa esp. as the recce CO there will be FRAGOs etc sent via PM that can't be published here (sorry Dark) that you need to get (even "simple" admin stuff like how many players you can expect for TGIW).

Unsure if you can't receive PMs or if you have it "off" as a preference?

Can resort to email traffic if I have to but then instead of a single PM going to the command group it becomes more complex.

Sorry, but your PM Account is FULL also!

So here my Answer to the last PM you wrote:

Sorry for being late SIR

I will do my very best, because I have to work 3 h after starting the Battle.....

If I have to leave earlier Duke will be my XO and go on.

So let´s kick some red Asses, SIR !

Eisenschwein

German Task Force Commanding Officer

Sorry, but your PM Account is FULL also!

So here my Answer to the last PM you wrote:

Rgr.

That's what happens when 20 people want to send you PM s when you are asleep. :)

Mine my be full but 12Alfa's wont accept them at all (i.e. can't even send them, let alone send and be told the destination is full).

• Moderators
Sent.

That plus the Recon AAR should be good.

Ok, great. I will try to manage this sending of map image/briefing each week, but real life and work might prevent that from happening.

Hm, yes, in the event that I cannot send this out to both COs one week, then it was because of intentional simulating of inept S2/Intel officers or a problem in the chain of command to higher HQ. ;)

Hm, yes, in the event that I cannot send this out to both COs one week, then it was because of intentional simulating of inept S2/Intel officers or a problem in the chain of command to higher HQ. ;)

Wow, you really are taking the campaign to the next level of realism!