Challenger 2 Colour pics?

Kingtiger

Yeah I really want a chally in the game, and a warrior... damn I would be pleased :)

Yep, it would make for some interesting scenario designs. I would add to your wish the FV432 and the Scorpion or Scimitar. Those four vehicles (Challenger, Warrior, 432 and Scorpion or Scimitar) would really polish up the sim.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think it was possible to make a Leo2A5 look like a Chally but you have succeeded KT. Very nice!

Thank you wery much :D

Yeah Im wery pleased with it, if I dont find any errors or bugs on it (I Have fixed the small that I have found) I will upload it and deam it is as finished :)

/KT

These skins are simply awesome... and at last someone has produced a really highly detailed and accurate skin representing a British fighting vehicle. I cant say just how grateful I am :)

They looked pretty damn impressive during this weekends ARRC excercises too... this skin is also now my default.

I hope you are using the personal adaptation of your Brit CV90 skin that I adjusted and gave to you KT LMFAO!!

I hope you are using the personal adaptation of your Brit CV90 skin that I adjusted and gave to you KT LMFAO!!

Sorry lad, I dont ;) (woooonder why?? :P )

Yeah im damn proud over the skins, its my default Leo2A5Dk now as well :)

Next project up... desert skin... *sigh*

(kewl, this was my 1400 post :P)

OK i started on the desert version... so this is WIP.

How does the colour look to you? ive browsed the net and there is several different sand/yellow tones depending on wich unit and where it is located.. (and adding the suns effect on that to... pah...)

the C/S is still the same for the woodland Scottish one, I will change that to a vehicle from 2RTR I have some pics and references on later on, right now I want the sand colour right...

so your opinions?

CR2D2.jpg

CR2D1.jpg

/KT

KT,

I did some quick research into what colour British armour is being painted and I came up with two refs for you. The first is "BS361" and although I couldn't find a digital colour ref for you, Tamiya calls for their "TS-46", an example of which can be found here:

http://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/katalog/popup_image.php?pID=442&imgID=0

It's a very close match to the tin of BS361 I was looking at, but as you mentioned, sun, sand and wear and tear will affect the appearance anyways. That's the great thing about trying to find an accurate colour match, with weathering no one can say that you're wrong.

Keep those great skins coming!

KT,

I did some quick research into what colour British armour is being painted and I came up with two refs for you. The first is "BS361" and although I couldn't find a digital colour ref for you, Tamiya calls for their "TS-46", an example of which can be found here:

http://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/katalog/popup_image.php?pID=442&imgID=0

It's a very close match to the tin of BS361 I was looking at, but as you mentioned, sun, sand and wear and tear will affect the appearance anyways. That's the great thing about trying to find an accurate colour match, with weathering no one can say that you're wrong.

Keep those great skins coming!

Thanks for the input tacbat. But doesnt that sand look VERY dark compared to the pics around? (Despite sun, weathering and so on)

I will try it tomorrow when im home from work and see how it ends up :)

Cheers KT

Sorry can't be asked to read all the posts, but thats not a new green. The wagons just not got it's black stripes... And when you paint Olive over sand colour it makes a nice light colour... Also a couple of times prior to our annual inspections we had to go down to Soltuo or some place to grab some paint off the shelf to BRUSH!!! Paint our wagons... YEAH! Talk about fricken cut backs eh? Besides stupid "Fleet management" which only cost more money in the long run, IE... My training cost over $8,000,000, a CR2 cost around $6,500,000... x by a crew of four then add up per squadron then regiment, then division, etc... No tanks equals boys signing-off... Equals more money lost on men then equipment... 100 boys signed off after OP TELIC 1... Because of "Fleet Managment"... anyways I'm ranting again... Sorry kids...

But yeah thats not a new green or paint scheme... just a wagon waiting for its black stripes...

Love you boys...TA!

hehe nice. Well I dont need any secret information, however I would need registration plate from one of your 2RTR CR2s...

the pics I have dont give any good image on the registration plate. (im using a Bison decal as reference)

(And what was that ranting about?)

/KT

Somnus,

I think your ranting has left a number of people a little confused. The majority of users in the forum will not be aware of the joys of fleet managment that you guys at the 2nd and the rest of the RAC need to deal with - I do know where you are coming from.

KT is only trying to match the colours observed in photos so that we can make the Leo 2A5 look more like a CR2 as CR2 is currently not available in SB. This will only change if we the UK decide to employ ESim to provide a desktop simulation for our crews.

FEARNAUGHT!