Challenger 2 Colour pics?

Kingtiger

thinking of repainting the Leo2A5DK in as a brittish Chally for the days I feel british, and been searching for some good pics of Challenger 2 but no luck, so does anyone have any good colour profiles and pics? the clearere and detailed the betther :)

Cheers Kingtiger

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some nice one's here.

http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/challenger2.htm

These are the best two sites on the net I've found for Armor pictures, the tanxheaven site has one section of C2 pics, but not what your looking for I think.

http://www.primeportal.net/home.htm

http://tanxheaven.com/index.htm

thanks for the links, but still I cant find the right olive drab colour.... :(

Here you can find some of the CR2 in the new(?) olive drab: http://www.rommelkiste.de/Fahrzeuge/Challenger2/Chally2/chally2.html

Im not sure whether that is a different colour or not. It may be, but occasionally when its newly sprayed it does tend to be a bit reflective, and under different light conditions can appear slightly different colour. This is particularly evident with the Challenger2 proto in Bovington tank museum.

Nice photos though, and thanks for the link.

You may finds some reference for that skin on here.

http://groups.msn.com/BritishTanksandAFVs

• 5 months later...

Hey Brits, wake up ;)

1. Markings, good references on where all markings are, and a typical registration plate number (so I dont give it a terrain cars registration plate etc)

And add unit callsigns how they should look like and where to sit.

(be smart and prefer your favorite units ;) )

2. Camo scheme, is there anyone who have a good overlook on the pattern of the camo? the pics i found gives some clues, but leave more questions.

thanks /KT

lookin' good up there, though the green does look a little too drab.

Thanks for the link hack, I think I will go with the green I have now, Its fresh colour so it will pale a bit under the progress, hopefully It will get a more correct green/drab look by then.

Fabfire, is fprado.com your site? cool :)

The cam really suits that Leo2DK I reckon - looks fantastic!

Would you consider a 'plain' version with that cam as well as one for Brit markings?

As for decals - do a google image seacrch for "Challenger Decals" and you should get some good sticker sheets for plastic model kits.

I'll do some searching now ;)

The cam really suits that Leo2DK I reckon - looks fantastic!

Would you consider a 'plain' version with that cam as well as one for Brit markings?

As for decals - do a google image seacrch for "Challenger Decals" and you should get some good sticker sheets for plastic model kits.

I'll do some searching now ;)

No problem stewy, a plain version is easy to fix as well.

yes I have many markings decals to use and so on, my problem is that I dont know what to use where and so on.

I dont want a skin who has 7th brigades brigade marking, a scottish brigades registration plate and wrong Company marking (as im no brit I have no clue what is what, on swedish vehicles I can see if its wrong or right, but on brittish... no clue)

still I have no camo pattern for the chally, im using pics but I have found several different patterns and nothing make sense... so the pattern might be a bit off so far :(

/KT

Cool KT - Thanks for that mate - I'm no British tank expert, but for mine it looks very cool.

Just looking at a few google images then, the Challys seem to have very few markings at any rate...I could be very wrong though (I usually am... ;) )

Hi KT

I can understand your confusion. At the moment I do not believe that the British Army has a working standard to the way it marks the C/S on its tanks.

I am open to correction on this but from past experience it was only standardized at Regimental level with a few exceptions, that direction came down from Brigade.

I too was surfing the net today to find suitable pictures that could be used as reference for your CR 2 skin/template. Unfortunatley I could not find anything that was simple, informative and accurate.

Perhaps the best source of an accurate template could be from a model kit ie Tamya or Revell.

keep up the good work

ps whilst you are in those stores of yours you need to look for a different signature board. QM ARRC

Irish

The image is from the Demo Sqn at Warminster. The black C/S board is so the during cse the call sign of the vehicle can be changed without moving all the students around, 2LT who was playing Tp Sgt in C/S 41 can then become the Tp Ldr in C/S 40 without having to cross deck to another panzer.

The image is from the Demo Sqn at Warminster. The black C/S board is so the during cse the call sign of the vehicle can be changed without moving all the students around, 2LT who was playing Tp Sgt in C/S 41 can then become the Tp Ldr in C/S 40 without having to cross deck to another panzer.

that explains it :)

I will go with this pattern as its the only good one I have found so far:

http://tanxheaven.com/sas/chally2mod/chally2modsas.htm