Challenger 2 Colour pics?

Kingtiger

OK, had to forget the white lines on the CV90s due to lack of space to paint it on...

I have uploaded a finished pack that contains all the skins ive done for the British Empire, with a desert Roof for the Leo2A5DK, not for Batus/Warminster unfortunly (not yet).

When Im drunk enough to stand to fix the roof texture I will update the pack with it.

The Desert CV90B dont have IFF panels, I decided to leave them out, would look weird if the CV90 had but not the Leo2... sorry. The CV90B is painted as Platoon leader 1st platoon B-Coy from Irish Guards in Iraq 2003.

what is there now?

-The old Woodland camo for both Leo2A5dk and CV90B.

-The known Desert Leo2A5DK from before.

-A new desert CV90B

-BATUS Leo2A5DK and CV90B, the Leo have white lines and C/S 41.

-Warminster, is the same as BATUS but no white line and C/S 12.

The pack is on 11.2MB :S

batus_CR_lines.jpg

White lines on the BATUS Leo

Batus_CV90.jpg

The BATUS CV90B

Desertadvance.jpg

Desert Leo2A5DK and CV90B

IDpanel.jpg

ID Panels for the Air force to identify own units.

And the beuaty is free to download here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/279/p13_fileid/1346

Have fun!

/Kingtiger

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

OK guys, anyone have good reference pics on the Land rovers in british service? (woodland camo to start with, but anything is welcome) and where and what ID markings you have on them. My google search havent given much.

Im thinking of repainting the humwee in a british uniform.

/KT

Compliments on the fine British tanks,

All that needs doing is sticking an L55 on it (if you haven't already)

Erm, I think LR Wolfs are plain at least GS ones, dunno about the WIMIKs though, know with desert ones for Op Telic the paint on the wheels is intentionally sprayed over the tyres, breaks up the outline.

Older series three land rovers had a black/green scheme.

How about a Leo 1 as a Chieftain? may look a bit weird but, what can ya do?

Oh yeah, all fire extinguishers are now red, Europe union laws, eh?

Erm, just thinking that it might be easier to try 'painting' a MLV or Panther...

Looks more like a Hummer...

Markings, you'd have to ask a soldier,

Plates are B&W front are strip types mounted on the bumper front offside (drivers side), hardtop LRs tend to have Square types on the rear left body work between the door and light cluster.

Wimiks are probably the same but don't quote me on it. but maybe a strip type in same place as front, rear right on bumper.

Erm I have a magazine at the rents house which goes into millitary number plates, try an dig it out over the weekend if you want...

i.e. it tells what the first nos and letters are for what class of vehicle it belongs to

C/S locations, i'd guess that they are on the rear upper B/work,

Wmik C/S are on special panels fitted to the roll cages

need to ask a squaddie on this though...

Flag goes on the antenna, not sure you'd have it fitted in a battle zone though.

Try this pic, good ref for paint wear on top of the turret.

http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/images/land/rsdg_flag.jpg

hope this helps, should be enough to get you started...

P.S. All Charlie 2s have 3 Antennas.

• 2 weeks later...

paint jobs for telic vehs are messy as they were done as a rush job in camp or in kuwait when we got there. something to do with a lack of time.

LR paint schemes are the same green and black style used on your CR2. call sign indicator goes on the centre of the doors. triangle for A Sqn square for B etc. names go above the front wheel arch. no plates are black and white. Front on bumper on RHS. back square and next to the RHS rear light cluster.

The CRARRV veh names are usually written down in regtl standing orders but are also sometimes picked by crews eg at our A Sqn the CRARRV was called the ant hill mob.

REME Callsigns are usually 24 with the CRARRV being 24B (I think).

This is the source Ive been using so far:

http://www.primeportal.net/recovery/ulrich_wrede/challenger_2_arv_rhino/

and I cant have the callsigns on the doors as they are reversed on the other side, but next to the doors I can have.

So ewery Sqn have a CRARRV attached as SOP with own callsign? So the Sqns recovery vehicle should have 24B as C/S then?

Ive put the Number plate on the same place as on those pics, but on the rear I had to put it between the tracks as the place where it should sit is reversed on the other side so it would look funky.

What strikes me is that there is no british flag painted anywhere on the vehicle? think ive seen that on all CRs and Warriors Ive looked at?

and what the heck is LR Paint scheme? (Long Range? :P )

/KT

here is a early WIP, as you can see im still trying to match the camo (Can tell you guys that the rear part wont have any camo because of some weird reason :P)

But atleast you can see what it supposed to be :)

CRARRV3.jpg

CRARRV2.jpg

CRARRV1.jpg

*EDIT*

Do they paint the blade in camo? (considering the wear and usage of it I would guess no, but sometimes the army do strange things)

OK it starts to look like something now.

CRARRV25.jpg

Front left side with C/S (looks OK with placing and size and so?)

CRARRV24.jpg

Some details on the wear I put on it, noticed the M88s and the CRARRV is badly worn on those pics Ive seen and as I love used vehicles I want this one the same way :)

CRARRV23.jpg

I found the hook! it was plain green but I found it and painted it

CRARRV22.jpg

The ass with its exhaust. Im 100% sure about the 2 upper holes is the exhaust as ive seen black spots on pics but the lowest one Im not sure if its exhaust or air exhaust?

I will actually do 2 dust/mud versions on this one, one who is lightly dusty as the one you see now and one that is muddy as standard a la Kingtiger

and yeah, BATUS and Desert will surely follow when this one is done

/KT