Look what is for sale on eBay!

Zantar

I know most of you don't know me. (Sean remembers me). I mostly lurk the forums. This is definitely the coolest thing to ever be sold on eBay. Damn me for not being rich right now.......

This is definitely relevant to your interests guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-M60A1-Main-Battle-Tank-/170884210066?pt=Military_Vehicles&hash=item27c97e1d92#v4-40

He has a link to a video of it in action too.

That decommissioned Brazilian aircraft carrier that was sold on eBay a few years ago would top this. ;)

Well, in the sheer size department, yeah, but you can't park it on your lawn and annoy your neighbors with it, like this guy with a T-55.

So jealous of this guy. I have this thing for T-55s.....

What a maroon the seller is...

Don't need to demil (the correct term) the main gun or MG's. Set up a trust (free in most states in the US) and apply to the BATFE for a destructive device tax stamp thru the trust. Costs $200 bucks and 6 to 9 months wait. Not that hard as long as you've got a clean record. Another $200 added to the price of that tank and another $200 for each of the MG's (they'd have to have been registered on the Type III list prior to 1986 though to get the tax stamps) would be chicken feed to someone who could afford the thing.

It'd cost you another $200 tax per 105mm round but hey - if you can afford a freakin' tank you can afford $200 per round you want to fire out of it. Not that common of course but there's an annual cannon shoot in NV every year by folks that own their own cannons (not talking black powder either - these guys own and shoot all kinds of military cannons and howitzers).

MG ammo for the 50 and the coax is readily available and no special restrictions on buying it. Hell - I've got a bunch of 7.62X51 NATO laying around that I shoot out of an AR-10 and a CZ-550 and a Garand I have that's rechambered for 7.62X51 NATO. You can pick up mil-surp for as low as 35 cents a round if you look and 65 cents just about anywhere. The 50 cal ammo can be had for as little as $1.50 a round if you load it your self or $2 bucks or so if you buy it off the shelf or get mil-surp.

So I'll say it again - the moron cost himself a whole bunch of money and reduced the size of his buyer pool by demilling that cannon.

So I'll say it again - the moron cost himself a whole bunch of money and reduced the size of his buyer pool by demilling that cannon.

However he has opened it to the European market who have much sterner views on people owning Live Weapons of War that could lay waste to a large Hamlet

• Members

Maybe I do need to emigrate to Nevada one day, after all. Sounds like the place to be ... aside from the fact that it's in the middle of a freakin' desert, with by and large only one town, the town that must not be.

Hopefully he would never export it, because it could never be re-imported. The Feds in all their wisdom have decreed that no American armored vehicles can be imported into this country. You can import foreign stuff all you want but not American. It makes zero sense.

As for having live weapons on it, I kind of doubt the DoD would have released it into civilian hands with weapons intact and even if it had, it says this thing was deployed to Kuwait which means it was in service after 1986 which means there's no way the MGs could have been registered to anyone but a Class 3 dealer even if the DoD was in the habit of selling machine guns to civilians.

M-60s are rare as it is. Lots of them ended up as artificial reefs. Even a de-milled one would be a prize.

If I'm lucky enough to be able to buy something like this someday, it'll be something Russian most likely. T-55s can be had for less than 50 grand, and then there's the shipping from Europe.........so it's most likely to remain a pie in the sky dream.