Anybody collects Minishcamps 1:35 diecast tanks?

[]_--__[]KITT

My first buy is the M1A2 SEP and at first it looked rather toyish especially when you realized that the tracks aren't painted black.

But on further 'inspection' you can notice and feel the quality that made these diecast tanks. The wheels rotate and have suspension. They feel heavy too. Soon I was in love with these Minichamps tanks. But in the end I only managed to collect 3 of these as the local retailer of these went bust.

The jewel in my collection is the Centurion Mk. 5 which was their newer line up. The tracks are painted black and they feel solid and look like a real collection item.

The one I'm sorely missing is the T-72 as the local retailer of these went bust before it was released. Now they are very hard to find online. Another variant is coming but I'm not sure where to buy these from online. Flyingmule won't ship to my country of residence and not sure if they sell these and the one I really want is actually the first released variant.

Now that you can play the T-72M on SB Pro PE made me wanting the Minichamps T-72 again.

tanks.jpg

I'd love to collect them but I don't have the room and my wife has a penchant for wanting to dust everything I own and usually manages to damage something in the process.

A site called "The Motor Pool" had a Minichamp T-72A/M-1, but they are sold out right now. But, they are taking pre-orders on one in May Day Parade markings.

This site is sold out on it as well.

I'd love to collect them but I don't have the room and my wife has a penchant for wanting to dust everything I own and usually manages to damage something in the process.

A site called "The Motor Pool" had a Minichamp T-72A/M-1, but they are sold out right now. But, they are taking pre-orders on one in May Day Parade markings.

This site is sold out on it as well.

Hey thanks yeah the first variant of the Minichamps T-72 is very very hard to find these days, almost impossible.

The second variant is soon to be released but I prefer the first variant.

Ill check that motor pool site. Thank you for the link.

As for no room Hmm I'd think if you liked them bad enough you'd make room for them. To be honest the real jewels of these Minichamps tanks are the Centurion Mk 5 and the T-72. They are their newer models. As for the wife Hmm putting these in a display case would solve the dust and dusting issue. You could even put them inside the display case on a table or shelf. :)

The thing with buying these online is that they are pretty vulnerable/fragile. If someone dropped them even inside the box.......I'd rather inspect them before buying hence preferring to buy from a local retailer.....it's risky buying these online and have it shipped....too many handlers along the route.

I found out today that my speakers seem to be dying.....a pair of new one would cost 170 bucks(I don't believe in buying cheap speakers or anything that I'd use for a long time neither do I believe in buying the top end of anything).....the one I'm using is over a decade old but it's great. Heh maybe that Minichamps T-72 will have to wait.

Having them in cases is sensible, but that takes up even more room. Believe me my wife would find a way to do some damage even if they were in a case. I've even told her never ever to dust my stuff (any of my "stuff") and she still does it.

I even checked the German manufacturer's website and the first version of the T-72 is sold out ( "ausverkauft" ). So if you find one it's probably going to cost you quite a bit to get it.

I don't buy lowend gear myself. I get the best I can afford and make it last. I'm using a pair of 4.1 altec lansing speakers and subwoofer from a previous computer that are about 12 years old now. My current audio card doesn't support ProLogic II or 4.1 but they still sound great in 2.1 stereo. I'm due for a whole new computer sytem. My current one is 8 years old now.

Having them in cases is sensible, but that takes up even more room. Believe me my wife would find a way to do some damage even if they were in a case. I've even told her never ever to dust my stuff (any of my "stuff") and she still does it.

I even checked the German manufacturer's website and the first version of the T-72 is sold out ( "ausverkauft" ). So if you find one it's probably going to cost you quite a bit to get it.

I don't buy lowend gear myself. I get the best I can afford and make it last. I'm using a pair of 4.1 altec lansing speakers and subwoofer from a previous computer that are about 12 years old now. My current audio card doesn't support ProLogic II or 4.1 but they still sound great in 2.1 stereo. I'm due for a whole new computer sytem. My current one is 8 years old now.

Hehe actually my current speaker is a 4.1 Altec lansing too, I think we may have the same speaker system. It no longer works as a 4.1 but 2.1 these days too. Hmm 8 years computer system, that's pretty old :) Glad you'll be buying a new one soon.

Im probably going to buy a 2.1 Altec lansing speakers each with its own subwoofer integrated. About 170-180 bucks. Next in price are pretty ridiculous at 400 bucks range, would rather save the money for a new PC. Maybe in 1 or 2 years, my PC is pretty new, I can play latest demanding games on high or very high :)

_--__[]KITT;217431']My first buy is the M1A2 SEP and at first it looked rather toyish especially when you realized that the tracks aren't painted black.

But on further 'inspection' you can notice and feel the quality that made these diecast tanks. The wheels rotate and have suspension. They feel heavy too. Soon I was in love with these Minichamps tanks. But in the end I only managed to collect 3 of these as the local retailer of these went bust.

The jewel in my collection is the Centurion Mk. 5 which was their newer line up. The tracks are painted black and they feel solid and look like a real collection item.

The one I'm sorely missing is the T-72 as the local retailer of these went bust before it was released. Now they are very hard to find online. Another variant is coming but I'm not sure where to buy these from online. Flyingmule won't ship to my country of residence and not sure if they sell these and the one I really want is actually the first released variant.

Now that you can play the T-72M on SB Pro PE made me wanting the Minichamps T-72 again.

I have the mini champs M48 A2GA2 German variant.its probably the second best made die cast i collected

I also have a M1HA by Franklin mint {very expensive} it even has some interior detailing

Like your self i ran out of room and even worse some of my collection got damaged

So i packed it all away and put it in storage.

I also tried to get my hands on the the T-72 with out any luck. its is a rare model

But a reasonable affordable alternative is the forces of valor Model

There not up to the same standard but are pretty dam near and only

Half the price.

p22045345.jpg.2d6a6da7d861e155596dcb5a73

p22045345.jpg.2d6a6da7d861e155596dcb5a73

Hmm Forces of Valor I was tempted and relented buying their panzer IV 1:35 tank and I must say the plastic is cheap. Within months some parts just broke because the plastic is made of low quality stuff. Forces of Valor series are rather good in making their tanks looking worn out but as collectible not very much. Personally I'd rather buy the Minichamps tanks now. I'd think 1:35 Dragon armor is much better looking than 1:35 Forces of Valor tanks.

Aww sorry you got some of your collection damaged....The German M48 isn't that the camo green M48? Is so that's really nice looking.

_--__[]KITT;217479']Hmm Forces of Valor I was tempted and relented buying their panzer IV 1:35 tank and I must say the plastic is cheap. Within months some parts just broke because the plastic is made of low quality stuff. Forces of Valor series are rather good in making their tanks looking worn out but as collectible not very much. Personally I'd rather buy the Minichamps tanks now. I'd think 1:35 Dragon armor is much better looking than 1:35 Forces of Valor tanks.

Aww sorry you got some of your collection damaged....The German M48 isn't that the camo green M48? Is so that's really nice looking.

I went for the NATO version

tank_m48_a2ga2_boevoy_tank_sovremennoy_g

tank_m48_a2ga2_boevoy_tank_sovremennoy_g

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...