Inside a Challenger 2

DraGoon

Hello all.

I thought my first real post on here should be somewhat useful, so....

The following link may be of interest to those who are keen on the Chally2.

http://www.armchair-travel.com/military/index.htm

Scroll half way down the page to the "Challenger 2 Tank, Royal Armoured Corps" section and click on the 1/4-size 360° Panoramic Photo inside link. You'll need to have Java enabled to see the panorama.

This is a good representation of a "bombed up" early Chally2 prior to the newer, longer fin round stowage modifications.

A particular item of note is the square grey box on the loader's side below the 3 'ready' fin rounds and right of the the vent tube mags. This is the all important 'BV' (Boiling Vessel), it is used to ensure that the crew are able to make themselves a hot cup of tea and also does a mean job of heating up various types of compo ration cans that the crew can then enjoy along with their 'pot noodle'. :D

Never mind bouncy wheels, we need a working BV. ;)

Apologies if this has been posted before, I did search but couldn't find any previous posts.

DG

Edited by DraGoon
Slepping

...the square grey box [...] is the all important 'BV' (Boiling Vessel), it is used to ensure that the crew are able to make themselves a hot cup of tea...

Apologies if this has been posted before, I did search but couldn't find any previous posts.

DG

Although it has, that's an awesome factoid that hadn't been mentioned! I almost always make some tea before getting myself blown up in SB. (Seriously. Although I usually drink green tea, but I've been known to enjoy a cup of Earl Grey on occasion.) The fact that they left a space for that is so British! I love it!

BTW, welcome to the forums! :cvcsalut:

Although it has, that's an awesome factoid that hadn't been mentioned! I almost always make some tea before getting myself blown up in SB. (Seriously. Although I usually drink green tea, but I've been known to enjoy a cup of Earl Grey on occasion.) The fact that they left a space for that is so British! I love it!

BTW, welcome to the forums! :cvcsalut:

What you can't see in the pic is the placard that says: This boiler is to be used for Yorkshire English Breakfast Tea ONLY. But I guess if you are using your own personal equipment (outside the tank) you can drink what you like. If you must. And don't mind being called a fairy. :)

:cul: I...I've been drinking fairy tea this whole time!? Blimey!

Yep. You may have noticed that your way of walking has changed recently and that adolescent boys have become strangely attractive. (Unless they always were, of course). Three cups of Yorkshire Breakfast Tea daily for the next three months should see things back to 'normal'. :diable:

For the benefit of the overly politically correct, this is a joke and not a suggestion that a non-hetero sexual disposition is abnormal in anway. Personally, I have a very satisfying relationship with a local owl, but that's probably too much information.:)

Guest Killjoy

We brought the concept from the Centurion...

You mean that gorgeous MBT that is arguably the greatest British Tank ever built?

The one I could write sweet Poetry about?

:angel:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for posting what I posted originally ;). It's Ok, I don't care at all. I actually didn't know about the BV. Thanks for that. I like this photo a lot, it shows the C3 system in the commander's station. From the book Main Battle Tank by MR. Edworthy, I saw a bit about how it worked, I was intrigued by the fact that they were using E-mail in the Armoured Corps back in '03. Very Interesting.