Can a very wealthy man be free of attachment from his money?

[]_--__[]KITT

His name is Charles F Feeney.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/08/nyregion/a-billionaire-philanthropist-struggles-to-go-broke.html

I just found it to be incredible. If I had to guess I'd say he probably knew something that made him do this,

A not so genuine person might say he's doing it because his wealth is an ill gotten riches but I do not believe that.

I say he knows something something most of us don't and that knowledge or strong beliefs made him do what he's doing. Giving away ALL his money. One simply doesn't give away all one's wealth especially in the amount of billions without very good or strong reason or conviction.

Yeah, we all know how copper-wire was invented. 2 Scotsmen found a penny...

You know wat they say ... a penny saved is a town wired

;)

Still in Scotland enjoying the err "brisk" weather :D

great time had at the Solway Aviation Museum, they even let me play with their Vulcan... lots of switchs and dials to keep this scots lad happy :D

... great time had at the Solway Aviation Museum, they even let me play with their Vulcan... lots of switchs and dials to keep this scots lad happy :D

Vulcan, interesting airplane.

? Correct what is mentioned on the Solway site ?:

The cockpit and crew areas are small and cramped. It may feel uncomfortable for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia.

http://www.solway-aviation-museum.co.uk/?page_id=69

(apologies to go off-topic, Kitt)

For a crew of 5 it is a little small, overall it is on 2 levels and there is room to lay down if you have to. The pilots seat is a comfortable fit for my body size, I wouldnt like to try it if I was a bit bigger. You have to move one bank of switches and controls out of the way so you have room to get in the seat then you have to put the panel back between the seats again. I have photos but it will have to wait until I'm back home in Belgium to post them.

One question why is there 2 bomb aimers in the aircraft? Genuine question!

Vulcan, interesting airplane.

? Correct what is mentioned on the Solway site ?:

The cockpit and crew areas are small and cramped. It may feel uncomfortable for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia.

http://www.solway-aviation-museum.co.uk/?page_id=69

(apologies to go off-topic, Kitt)

A quick upload of some of the pics I took, lots never came out due to a faulty memory card :(

Entrance way, I'm standing on the ladder and I'm head and shoulders inside the aircraft, the guide is standing on the lower cockpit deck and the crew stations are behind me. Up past the guide is the cockpit for the pilot and co-pilot

_DSC7727.jpg

Navigator Bombaimer and "other" station, I'm sitting in the seat for the starboard crew member.

_DSC7730.jpg

Cockpit instruments from pilots seat, the view outside is nothing to write home about, the windows are tiny.

_DSC7739.jpg

_DSC7740.jpg

Hehehehe an apology, don't think that one needed in this thread.

I picked up 'The price of inequality: How today's divided society endangers our future' by nobel price winner Joseph E Stiglitz. Seems like an interesting book.

I put off buying the Game of Thrones novels set because that book seems...very intriguing. Personally I have a similar view to what the author is saying more or less so when I glanced over the pages what I read really hit home so I decided to pick it. Just starting to read the book. It's a very easy book to read too, almost too simple.

Long 1 week holiday here because it's the Ramadan festive week. That means jogging the long route each time within the week and plenty time to read and going out for leisure. No traffic either. If only it could be like this all year long.