Interesting

Marko

There was a meeting of the soviet VU tonight.

But before it kicked off. I was talking to two guys on the SB.TS lobby.

There were running the professional version of SB.and here's the interesting part

They were also running VBS with it this wont be news to some of the you.no names. ha)

But could be to others.Consider the possibilities for the future.playable infantry and so on

If this ever went public

Interesting but expensive.

Class room version of SB Pro: $X thousand

VBS 2/3: $X thousand

Middleware to join the two: $X thousand

Common mapping for both: $XX thousand

Machines (one for VBS, one for SB Pro) to run it on - chicken feed.

I don't think its going to be in many people's Christmas stocking this year. ;)

Interesting but expensive.

Class room version of SB Pro: $X thousand

VBS 2/3: $X thousand

Middleware to join the two: $X thousand

Common mapping for both: $XX thousand

Machines (one for VBS, one for SB Pro) to run it on - chicken feed.

I don't think its going to be in many people's Christmas stocking this year. ;)

I was only four numbers short of the six required. on last Saturdays lotto.

It was only a hundred and ninety million euro.

SB would have had playable every thing by next year had i won.lol

Edited by Marko

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a vid of it that I found

OnT3xpdSVEk

I hope this kind of thing will be the wave of the future, it almost became the wave of the past.

Modular simulation. If you want tanks/choppers/infantry/jets/whatever, buy that module, and have a detailed representation of what interests you, that can interact with the others.

IIRC, Spectrum Holobyte was going down that path with the Falcon 3.0 sim back in the day, it was part of their "Virtual Battlefield" series and each sim was a detailed sim (For that time!) for one aircraft in particular.

I know quite a few Arma players who enjoy simulating hearing loss and tinnitus from forgetting to wear earplugs in infantry combat who would LOVE to be able to link up to SB Pro PE like that!

Sure but as per my post above:

1. Who hosts (and pays for) the middleware box to join the two.

2. Who pays for the collated terrain (so that both products "see" the same thing)?

3. Who does all the "entity mapping" so that the movement of Tank X in SB is reflected in the movement of Tank Y in VBS?

• Members

#1 and #2 may eventually find a solution if the respective companies are convinced that with a consumer version some money is to be made. We will then see this be made available at consumer-palatable pricing, maybe with reduced functionality.

#3 is an ongoing process that might accelerate if the prerequisites of #1 and #2 are there. The bigger question is how can we ensure a sufficient overlap between the available weapon systems in the different simulations. Approximations will only go so far.

Clearly we aren't there yet. But time will tell.

#1 and #2 may eventually find a solution if the respective companies are convinced that with a consumer version some money is to be made. We will then see this be made available at consumer-palatable pricing, maybe with reduced functionality.

#3 is an ongoing process that might accelerate if the prerequisites of #1 and #2 are there. The bigger question is how can we ensure a sufficient overlap between the available weapon systems in the different simulations. Approximations will only go so far.

Clearly we aren't there yet. But time will tell.

I think if the issues were resolved. The finished product would be far superior.

To any of the other alleged combat simulators.IE Arma.

And would be a must have Sim. To any serious military Sim enthusiast.