Newb question from an old player

Ludwigmeister

Hello everyone, I'm sure like 95% of you don't remember or never saw me because I haven't been on since PE came out. My computer was too slow and coming on the site depressed me :(. Now, however, I have purchased a kick-@$$ desktop and I'm ready to rock.

I just have a quick question though. Are there any known issues with PRO PE and VISTA (32)?? I've bought 3 games so far for my computer, all I can run at everything on HIGHEST but with ALL 3 I had installation issues. I want to make sure there is no problem with Pro PE for Vista, cause for $125, I'm not ready for the dissapointment that would engulf me as a result.

So is Vista good to go?

• Members

You'll need the latest DirectX 9.0c version that you can get from Microsoft. In addition, after completing the installation of the official release version (the one that you will get on CD) you will need to uninstall the CodeMeter runtime software 3.10. Afterwards you should either install the beta version that you can download, or go to www.CodeMeter.com and get the latest CodeMeter runtime version 3.30 from there. Be sure to pick the "32 bit version" of it.

Hello everyone, I'm sure like 95% of you don't remember or never saw me because I haven't been on since PE came out. My computer was too slow and coming on the site depressed me :(. Now, however, I have purchased a kick-@$$ desktop and I'm ready to rock.

I just have a quick question though. Are there any known issues with PRO PE and VISTA (32)?? I've bought 3 games so far for my computer, all I can run at everything on HIGHEST but with ALL 3 I had installation issues. I want to make sure there is no problem with Pro PE for Vista, cause for $125, I'm not ready for the dissapointment that would engulf me as a result.

So is Vista good to go?

woow yea ur old ! lol but i know the feeling of not visitng SB.com when u dont have Pro PE. i got it a bit back my self and its great. I am soo happy i am gonna buy SSnake unlimited rounds of beer when i get to Deutchesland.

lol

Great, thanks a lot guys. I was a little worried I'd get the "this isn't the tech support forum" speach, but I find a lot of people don't always swing by the tech support forum all the time and you get faster and more people answering on the general forum. I did look through and see that there are issues, all that have been dealt with. Anything I can't fix I'll just have to make sure to ask the fine folks of this community for their help.

I'm pretty excited. My only delay is sorting out a charge issue with VISA... me being charged for something I never purchased (or rather overcharged). Until that gets cleared up I'm don't dare use my card. I'm callin them tomorrow, so should be good to go.

Thanks again, I'm already droolin at both corners of my mouth.

I reinstalled Pro PE on my new system which is a home built, Vista Ultimate 64 bit, AMD DC X2 3000+ and 8 GB of ram, SLi configuration, never seen Pro PE run so smoothly.

Thought I'd add my system for anyone having install issues on a Vista 64bit system, so they know it can be installed.

• 4 months later...