Hünfeld's Bridges by Hackworth

Crusty

UK Armour played this the other night, and we had great fun,

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/261/p13_fileid/1493

but we'd like to try it with the Challenger 2, and see how we fare.

It's password protected and I've PM'd Hackworth for permission/passwords to change it but have had no reply, is anyone in email contact with him,

or have I hit a dead end?

UK Armour played this the other night, and we had great fun,

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/261/p13_fileid/1493

but we'd like to try it with the Challenger 2, and see how we fare.

It's password protected and I've PM'd Hackworth for permission/passwords to change it but have had no reply, is anyone in email contact with him,

or have I hit a dead end?

It was great .and we managed a seven to one kill ratio.

It just shows what a unit with good co operation. and co ordination can do.

I hope we can get the password. It would also make a good Soviet VU mission.

With a few changes.

From memory Sean or Volcano can remove passwords but of course ideally the Author can be contacted and agrees before resorting to that.

FYI: Looking at the member's list looks like he last visited late last year (20 Dec 11).

Thanks for the info Mark, I didn't know that,

like you say last resort only.

With a few changes.

Yes it would certainly be interesting from the Red side :)

With a few changes.

Perhaps it should be renamed 'The Hunfeldt Bridges That Never Were'. :)

This one is an old favorite of mine. I have modified the scene with different units for my personal use including the challenger2, never touching or looking at the red side of course. Hackworth gave me the passwords over 2 years ago. I forget which password is for blue and red but the passwords are

Moody

Bates

This one is an old favorite of mine. I have modified the scene with different units for my personal use including the challenger2, never touching or looking at the red side of course. Hackworth gave me the passwords over 2 years ago. I forget which password is for blue and red but the passwords are

Moody

Bates

Thanks very much Brun :)

Not sure of the scoring setup on this scenario. I've run it twice, both times the autobahn remained open and all friendly traffic drove it unopposed, two or three leakers got through but were readily scooped up by my "close screen" of infantry, and I managed 9:1 and 10:1 kill/loss ratios. However, at ENDEX I find that I "lost" both scenarios. It may be that you will lose the game if any OPFOR cross the river. Perhaps "scoring" trumps "tactics and results?"

No sour grapes here, just a note in case anyone else finds this happening. :sonic:

Not sure of the scoring setup on this scenario. I've run it twice, both times the autobahn remained open and all friendly traffic drove it unopposed, two or three leakers got through but were readily scooped up by my "close screen" of infantry, and I managed 9:1 and 10:1 kill/loss ratios. However, at ENDEX I find that I "lost" both scenarios. It may be that you will lose the game if any OPFOR cross the river. Perhaps "scoring" trumps "tactics and results?"

No sour grapes here, just a note in case anyone else finds this happening. :sonic:

I first completed it with the Guy's from UK Armour.

And there were no issues with the scoring.(Major victory)

A couple of T-80's made it across the bridge briefly before they were dispatched

Have you edited the mission.?

Marko,

My OPFOR got further to the west, but died nonetheless. I'll check the scoring ASAP.

Edit: Yes, I see that OPFOR have a designated area that, if they enter it, probably gives them the win. I simply decided to defend the autobahn and target the bridges. Any OPFOR that got across and into dead ground, for example, could move toward the autobahn, enter the designated "win" area, and then be taken out, too late for scoring purposes, by my close screen.

Lesson learned: I'll try this one again tomorrow!