Where to buy SB

ElBando

I took the advice mentioned above and copied the missing " d3drm.dll " file from another program's install CD. I copied and pasted the file into the SB program file. I still get the missing file error message, I just don't know exactly where to put this D3DRM.DLL file. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Members

It may be the wrong version, and even if you find the right one and put it in the right place, you'll see the next error message popping up asking for a different file. Granted, there are dubious web sites offering all kinds of DLL files for download - but you just don't know who compiled these DLLs and if they have some "extra functionality" like installing malicious software on your PC while it also does what it is supposed to do.

You can't be careful enough these days when selecting which software source to trust. Smartphone Apps may be more lucrative for skimming private data and life profiles from their users, but PCs aren't immune, and still a target for all kinds of attacks. The best way to install evil software is to let the user do it while he thinks that he installs something useful.

Long story short: SB1 is obsolete. SB Pro PE does nearly everything that SB1 does, most of it much better, and then there's a ton of extra features that you'll love. If yfter all these years you're still playing the original Steel Beasts, that's proof enough that SB Pro PE was made for you. You'll love it.

Try it out with our demo license program and then come back and tell me with a straight face that you don't want it.

;)

Sorry for the confusion. I think you need to reinstall the D3D package, not just the missing file.

Here is a link on how to download it

http://www.ehow.com/how_6016866_download-direct3d.html

Here is the download location

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8963#QuickInfoContainer

I have found the links (ehow and Microsoft) to be somewhat reliable but as Ssnake mentioned, you never know!!

Ssnake, you mean I can try Pro out first? How do I go about doing that? Thanks.

Well I thought it was pretty simple, but ....

- Go to the home page (that is click on "HOME" in the top left hand corner)

- Read the part about the Demo option (in the centre above the first video)

- Click on one of the underlined names and send them an email.

OR

Do a search for "loan licenses".