Network connection issue

Jester_UK

Just tried to join a session via internet with a friend of mine. Both running version 2.238. Never used to have problems but tonight I (as the client) can't see the session.

We've both checked our respective firewall settings and there appear to be no problems there. Both of us are running XP.

The only difference is since our last online session I have tried the public beta of the upcoming upgrade (that comes with an update for the CodeMeter software) whereas my mate hasn't tried the beta and as such is still running an older version of the dongle firmware. Also my friend has recently reinstalled SB ProPE on his system.

Could the different versions of the CodeMeter software be causing a problem or am I missing something far more simple?

• Members

CodeMeter runtime and firmware version differences should not influence network connections the least. They're just responsible for unlocking the Steel Beasts executable as such. From that point everything else depends on SB Pro PE, not the CodeMeter.

The router tip helped thanks Ssnake.

Got more problems now though. We now get to the stage where we can join the session, but as soon as the client joins, a "network overloaded" message pops up in the top left hand corner of the screen (on both host and client PC's) and about 20 seconds later the session terminates automatically. We tried both our own scenarios and default scenarios, so it doesn't look like the mission files.

There are only two of us trying to join the session. No other applications running in the background (apart from ISP software and firewalls) on either PC. Totally stumped.... Any help greatly appreciated.