Another new joiner

dave1978

Hello all, another new UK member. Long time lurker due to old laptop but i have recently bought a new modern laptop which i think/hope can handle the sim and the time has hopefully come. Have installed the sim and im currently reading through all the manuals & wiki etc. Im waiting to borrow a license hopefully around the 29th which cant come soon enough.

Looking forward to installing some mods and downloading some scenarios from here and getting to grips with the Challenger 2, M1 & Leo2.

Dave

Hello all, another new UK member. Long time lurker due to old laptop but i have recently bought a new modern laptop which i think/hope can handle the sim and the time has hopefully come. Have installed the sim and im currently reading through all the manuals & wiki etc. Im waiting to borrow a license hopefully around the 29th which cant come soon enough.

Looking forward to installing some mods and downloading some scenarios from here and getting to grips with the Challenger 2, M1 & Leo2.

Dave

Welcome Dave

If you are interested in multiplayer, look us up at www.ukarmour.eu. And you are welcome to join us on the SB Teamspeak server at around 20:00 local on Wednesdays and Sundays on the UKA channel.

Hope to see you there.

Welcome Dave, nice to see another UK fella :)

As Tjay said, if you fancy some multiplayer at UK friendly times,

pop along to UK Armour, some of us also have a Monday evening meet

when we concentrate on playing from the Red perspective, it's all good

clean fun, we're all house trained and play nicely :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies guys and the offers of licenses. Been struggling last night and earlier today with graphics problems but a quick driver update has fixed all that and im off with max settings and no problems.

I have been trying a few of the demo scenarios, had a problem with 73 Easting mission, tank stopped at waypoint 2 and just wouldnt move on again. So trying a few more and practicing on the range. Sabot rounds are no problem but heat are another beast all together always short or long.

Give me a few more nights and i thing i will be brave enough to come online.

Been struggling last night and earlier today with graphics problems but a quick driver update has fixed all that and im off with max settings and no problems.

Glad to hear it - you can disregard most of that Hamachi chat then. :)

I have been trying a few of the demo scenarios, had a problem with 73 Easting mission, tank stopped at waypoint 2 and just wouldnt move on again.

It didn't get stuck on a rock / boulder? IIRC there is a section that's pretty rocky and you need to manually drive rather than rely on the AI. :)

Well first go to the 3D view and look around the vehicle to ensure its not "hung up" on something (pan around using the left and right keys).

If you are stuck, try the "W,A,S,D and X" to go forward, left, stop, right and backwards respectively.

If stuck in mud/swamp (unlikely in 73 Easting) reverse straight back, don't try to turn as you reverse.

You can use the F9 view but that doesn't give you the same all round vision as F8 (but is useful in other circumstances).

I'm here now and can chat in TS if that helps?

I tried TS on Saturday night with Sean P, i cant text chat says insufficient privileges.

In this mission there is not tank icon at bottom left, you have no control at all over then tanks movements. I have completed the mission, there seem to be 2 long waits at waypoints 1 & 2, say around 5 minutes or more then the tank automatically resumes motion.

Im just assuming that this mission does all the driving for you?

I tried TS on Saturday night with Sean P, i cant text chat says insufficient privileges.

Assuming you have Windows 7 / Vista, did you install Teamspeak "as administrator"?

Once we can talk the next part might be easier (and you'll need to be able to talk before multi player is effective). :)

Also SeanP was complaining of something similar on Saturday so perhaps the issue is with his installation?

Again loitering on TS and happy to help. :)

In difficult terrain, column formation works best with the human vehicle commander steering the vehicle around the obstacle. In most cases, the rest of the platoon will follow without much trouble.

Unless there's a river within about half a klick. In which case they will probably decide to veer off the route and go swimming. But perhaps that's just Challengers.... :)

• Members

I don't think I can be accused of sugarcoating the deficits of SB Pro, but what you wrote there simply isn't true. If a human player is in command of the lead vehicle, the rest will follow like ducklings.

The rest will get better as well in the next release, but let's not paint the picture more gloomy than it actually is.

I don't think I can be accused of sugarcoating the deficits of SB Pro, but what you wrote there simply isn't true. If a human player is in command of the lead vehicle, the rest will follow like ducklings.

The rest will get better as well in the next release, but let's not paint the picture more gloomy than it actually is.

'Twas meant as a joke. Ergo the big smiley. :) But UKA Challengers seem to come with a modified version of the AI - which includes a love of actually spawning in rivers. (Known as a water birth I believe). Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.