Training Exercises

gunnyhighway

Does anyone is willing to organize training sessions on the M1A1. This request is based on my own needs and does not reflect on anyone's else skills.

I am not thinking about functionability of the machine (to turn right, depress the "D" key, etc...), but more into doctrine and tactics on the field (dry runs, exercises, etc...) and to be able to play and participate a cohesive effort for the team on Fridays and anyother days.

To be part of a Team I believe we need to have a common culture and speak a common language and think alike, for this to be possible a common training will achieve that goal.

Does anyone is willing to organize training sessions on the M1A1. This request is based on my own needs and does not reflect on anyone's else skills.

I am not thinking about functionability of the machine (to turn right, depress the "D" key, etc...), but more into doctrine and tactics on the field (dry runs, exercises, etc...) and to be able to play and participate a cohesive effort for the team on Fridays and anyother days.

To be part of a Team I believe we need to have a common culture and speak a common language and think alike, for this to be possible a common training will achieve that goal.

Also watch out for those Frats. Vehicle ID might be a good training tool too. LOL ;)

I'd offer, but I can't really host. A couple of tips though.

Fight high, move low. Basically you want to use the low ground in your movements. This way it reduces the areas where the enemy can see you from. When you get to a battle position, you want it ideally to be higher than the surrounding terrain, and allow you a turret down position, or in other words a position in which you can reverse to in which your turret is covered by the ridge crest from enemy fire. You want the position to be high so that you can get dominating lines of sight. Of course if you can see them, they can see you. So ideally you would want to have a sort of a keyhole shot where those areas that you are not focused on are protected, ideally by earth.

If you are defending you would want the enemy to come to you, as opposed to you moving forward towards them. Let them expose themselves to you.

If you are attacking you would want to use mass (concentrate your force or guns) and use covered terrain. Ideally a bounding over watch should be used. For example if you have 3 plts, you have two of them cover the advance of the third one to the next ridge. Another option is to fix the enemy force while you flank them and seek to destroy them.

And always keep your eyes on the map. Switch to it regularly so that you get an idea as to what the situation is. It is a wonderful help to assist one's situational advantage.

As regards the last bit, well, the more that you play TGIF and play in other sessions, the more experience you will get. With it you will eventually get an idea as to what people intend, what they mean, etc, etc when they say something. If you are not quite sure what someone else's intent is, don't be afraid to ask.

• Administrators

General suggestions:

Find a way to turn up the teamspeak volume over the sb pro pe volume. That way people don't have to yell in order to be heard.

When on a road march, use column formation. Otherwise tanks will go all over the place and break off the platoon.

Check the map frequently so you know what is going on around you. If there are friendlies between you and known enemy units, make sure what you are looking at is ENY and not friendly.

Frat = fratricide. Almost always a product of shoddy situational awareness and a message stating "check the map more often." If you are not sure about what you are looking at in thermals, check the day sight. If you still are unsure check the map. That should essentially eliminate any chance of blue on blue situations.

We have all had them, sh*t happens. :) Just use them to learn from the mistake.

Edited by TankHunter

Dont really know your agenda, do I?:calim:

No agenda. :)

Anyway, probably scour the WikI Tactics section, read what others have posted here and in the Forum Tactics section and then arrange a specific window to meet others.

Since not everyone lives on the West cost of the USA I suggest putting your preferred "window" in here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

And once that generates a series of "local" times publish those here.

That avoids the ambiguity / vagueness of "today".

You can also attend a VU (BG ANZAC, UK Armour, etc.) who have scheduled meetings (may or may not suit West Coast USA) but whilst things covered there should generally align with the "standards" used in TGIF, there is no global standard (just like every country has its own doctrine).

Anyway more than happy to see you if you want to join any BG ANZAC session. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for the invite but i am always busy on on Thursday evening as I volonteer my time for the community.

No worries.

Of course its highly unlikely that my "Thursday evenings" (Sydney time when we run BG ANZAC) would ever match you "Thursday evenings" on the West coast of the US, given the International Date Line and several time zones in between. :)

I don't know what the exact equivalent time/day is for you.

Well if you don't know, let me offer you from the bottom of my heart, a great tool that a friend offered me once, as if it was a gesture that he did to himself.

Let me introduce to you the: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121004T09

It is a good conversation piece between friends and mates and the Air Force always welcomes it.

And may your day be the most enjoyable one you ever gave to yourself under our friendly skies!

Ta ta for now!