OldRaven signing in

OldRavenNL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can try to see if I can get online tomorrow at 21:00 (19:00 your time)

or I can see if sean is online in the afternoon to check connection.

btw.. i don't see an interiour in the challanger, or am I doing something wrong.. I'm not driving a tank without an interiour! :biggrin:

I prefere getting to know the leopard 2a5, in honour that they ditched all the leopards this year in the netherlands.

What's an army wihout a main battle tank?

it's a shame that they took them out of service.

I will be on TS at 19:00.

Unfortunately, the CR2 doesn't have the full interior modelled at the moment because, as I understand it, the paranoid British MOD stil considers it secret - despite there being plenty of pics on the internet.

Personally, I don't spend a whole lot of time admiring the interior decor - I'm either in the TC or Gunner postions. :)

UKA's 'second' tank is the Leopard 2E, but we also use of lot of the stock scenarios that use the M1A1.

Dident know they viewed the interior as a secret :) "They musent copy our chair designs!" :-)

Not 100% sure about this. Ssnake?

No chance of us copying your chair designs. The UK is still trying to work out how grow straight plywood - it will be years before we get on to the curvy stuff. In the meantime we will just have to keep importing. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the training scenario the other night although my inexperience kind of let down the illusion of realism the others were keeping up so well. I must read up/train on all the terminology and protocol being used.

Very impressed though with how UKA went about it. I will try to get on this evening around 8pm if anyone is about.

I thoroughly enjoyed the training scenario the other night although my inexperience kind of let down the illusion of realism the others were keeping up so well. I must read up/train on all the terminology and protocol being used.

Very impressed though with how UKA went about it. I will try to get on this evening around 8pm if anyone is about.

I thought you did extremely well Dave! I went through the aar shot-by-shot yesterday and AFAIK you got at least two tanks - and maybe a hit on the Hind.

Mind you, being wingy to Tankhunter means you will have been in the right place at the right time in a great hull down position. Do what he does and you won't go far wrong!

I will be on TS at 19:00BST to meet OldRaven and check out his connection.

Haha, that's ok sean.. no problem.. I have that also sometimes in the evening when I think I can sit down for 5 minutes on the couch before going online.. en ending up falling asleep :biggrin:

tjay, something came up last night so could not get online.. sorry about that.

Is it possible to lower the ingame sounds? I cannot find a sound settings menu anywhere, and it is overruling my voice sound from ts.

It's a bit hard to be able to communicate like this ;)

Dave.. I have the same thing, it's learning the keys that is the simpel part.

The communication protocals and tactical stuff is the hard part.

But I have no doubt that we will be able to learn that by learning from the others. :biggrin:

Don't be afraid to make mistakes.. although I always am.. I don't want to be the one messing up a mission for everyone :biggrin:

Haha, that's ok sean.. no problem.. I have that also sometimes in the evening when I think I can sit down for 5 minutes on the couch before going online.. en ending up falling asleep :biggrin:

Is it possible to lower the ingame sounds? I cannot find a sound settings menu anywhere, and it is overruling my voice sound from ts.

Dave.. I have the same thing, it's learning the keys that is the simpel part.

The communication protocals and tactical stuff is the hard part.

But I have no doubt that we will be able to learn that by learning from the others. :biggrin:

Don't be afraid to make mistakes.. although I always am.. I don't want to be the one messing up a mission for everyone :biggrin:

I can give you an hour or two “now” if you like?

Try clicking on the speaker/volume icon in the Windows system tray. There should be a link at the bottom of the volume control that says "mixer". Click on that. It will allow you to adjust SB and TS sounds in relation to each other.

NP. In case you don't get a chance to take up MG's offer, I will pop on to TS at 19:00Z (GMT) this evening. Otherwise, try and make 19:30Z tomorrow before the session starts and we will check it out then. The important thing, once you have opened the ports is to ensure they are forwarding traffic to the computer you are playing on.

Tjay, Mark, Sean or anyone willing to help out.. I cannot make it this weekend..

Also not able to attend the TvT against 911 Tjay.

I will keep my TS open tomorrow from 20:00 my time to see if someone is online.

Need this thing checked before the next training on wednesday.

Furia : Thanx for the Link!

That plug-in seems to do whatever I want.. will check it upcomming week.

OK - I'll be on at 20:00 local tomorrow - Monday. If everything is OK you could join Marko's session at 21:00. Not much tanking - just sitting around telling stories about all the MIA1s we have destroyed with our T72s at 4000m -drinking Vodka til bedtime.

Sorry but your 2000 = my 0200 on a work day. :(

Hopefully someone a bit closer can help out.

Just to let you know that we got him sorted out on Monday evening. But your offers of help are much appreciated. :smile2:

Hope all is going well with BGANZAC.

Got the problem sorted out :P

I can confirm I was able to join yeasterday.. and tried helping blue to stop the ever advancing red army.

Needless to say this rookie tanker got his ass handed to him :P

You were thrown in the deep end in a big way and did very well IMHO. :)

Hope to see you Wednesday, when I hope to go through some of the basics with the new guys.

Honestly surprised more don't try it.

In this age of modern gaming, there are so many factors that work against SBPE. However, one force in its favor has always been its users. I believe it's been through word of mouth that has brought most people into this little world of ours (Ssnake can only talk so much although it's not from a lack of trying ;) ). I was introduced to SB by a friend, as I have done the same with mine. Most people haven't heard about SBPE unless people like you and me tell them about it.