1st Canadian Armor Division

Guest theGUNSLINGER

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK ,NP, we will do another next week, gives me more time to twek the mission anyways. It's tank heavy, with lots of fighting.

So it is the 20th of Feb, I'll post the brief soon along with a trace. Mission will be just east of village we cleared.

May turn the map updates off just to add the Fun factor.

OK ,NP, we will do another next week, gives me more time to twek the mission anyways. It's tank heavy, with lots of fighting.

So it is the 20th of Feb, I'll post the brief soon along with a trace. Mission will be just east of village we cleared.

May turn the map updates off just to add the Fun factor.

Sounds interesting... can you share an AAR once you've had a crack?

Sure its called "Joint".

Army, Navy and Air Force often do things TOGETHER. :)

We've done it before at places a bit nearer to you, like:

Normandy in 1944

Hastings in 1066 (Air Force didn't turn up for that)

A couple of places on the Channel coast a bit earlier still with guys called Julius Caeser and Claudius.

Oh and the Americans dabled with it from 1941 to 1945 near here too (but they cheated by calling their Army guys Marines). :)

Navy Guy: "This is your stop!"

Army/Marine Guy: "But we're still 1000m out from that beach!"

NG: "Yeah, well, you've heard of swimming, right?"

AG/MG: "Yeah! But But But ....."

NG: "C'mon lad. Chop chop. My Spag Bol's getting cold."

AG/MG: "Aaaaaaaaah!"

*Splash*

:biggrin:

Sure its called "Joint".

Army, Navy and Air Force often do things TOGETHER. :)

We've done it before at places a bit nearer to you, like:

Normandy in 1944

Hastings in 1066 (Air Force didn't turn up for that)

A couple of places on the Channel coast a bit earlier still with guys called Julius Caeser and Claudius.

Oh and the Americans dabled with it from 1941 to 1945 near here too (but they cheated by calling their Army guys Marines). :)

I just missed the original Battle of Hastings but I'm looking forward to the next one. :)

I just missed the original Battle of Hastings

Ah, yes, great battle that. Most English portray the Normans as villains but William is one of my historical (anti?)heroes. Hard to think of a more intriguing combination of survival instinct, bravery, ambition, ruthlessness and piety, wrapped up with downright success, than that man.

Next time round, who are you rooting for?

It would be hard not to support my own country. The great thing about being British is that when you lose you can trot out that hoary old cliche, 'Of course the important thing is not to win but to play the game'. Or barring that, 'Damn it Sir - I would never have agreed to take part if I had realised my opponents were not gentlemen'.

I'm also out for tonight. Girlfriend needs the pc for school work. I should have reserved the time slot with Her ahead of time. Is there a smiley face for whipped?:cry:

Wow. Fancy taking the kids to school in a PC. I bet they love that. Which type?

Wow. Fancy taking the kids to school in a PC. I bet they love that. Which type?

Not sure I understand the question. Which type of school? PC? Kids?

She is in college and most of Her assignments are done online and sent to her professors( or their helpers) for grading.

Yes I think some flawed assumptions:

1. “Girlfriend + school work“ interpreted as girlfriend taking the kids to school.

2. PC = contraction of Armoured Personnel Carrier (as opposed to Personal Computer)

3. The “what type“ relating back to what type of APC was the girlfriend taking the kids to school in.

Of course I could be way off the mark. :)

You are the mark. You can't be off it. ;)

Now we have to decide what 'mark' means in this context. Is it word play on Gibson's first name? Mark as in benchmark or standard? Mark as in in visual or physical imperfection on a surface? Or mark as commonly used to describe the fall guy in a confidence trick? I think we should be told. Of course, any sensible language would have different words for these things. Mark my words! :)

Yes I think some flawed assumptions:

1. “Girlfriend + school work“ interpreted as girlfriend taking the kids to school.

2. PC = contraction of Armoured Personnel Carrier (as opposed to Personal Computer)

3. The “what type“ relating back to what type of APC was the girlfriend taking the kids to school in.

Of course I could be way off the mark. :)

Spot on. (A spot being a sort of mark, of course). :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Due to me being on a tasking, and away from my home , the next trg session will be Apr 3rd.

I hope it is a "Paid Holiday" type tasking. :)

And not one where if people object to your presence they express their views forcefully.

Because that would make me sad. :(