Steel Beasts mentioned in RPS

PincerDK

Things look like they are about to get really interesting on our Steel Beasts battlefield. Sounds great.

P.S. Love the comments on how SB is sooo expensive.... I've wasted far more money on a single bad movie and bad date!!

Then there was that cool Seiko watch I just had to have... Well, you get the idea, I've gotten more value for my money with SB than I have with alot of other things I've purchased in my life.

Guest Killjoy
Yes!!!

Situations won't be simple with a real uncontrolled activity.

Will there be some civilians that will turn into insugents during an event?

Like when a convoy is coming along the street, the regular civilian turns into an insurgent that throw grenades.

There are going to be an awful lot of dead civvies when this starts!

Civilians?

Can we get a working infantry model first? Formations, movement techniques? Hell, at this point, I'd just like the infantry to move more than 100m without stopping to go prone for a break.

You can't model civilians, irregulars, or other forces as part of full spectrum operations and strictly limit friendly forces to mounted maneuver only.

It needs to be combined arms.

• Members

There's nothing in that article that hasn't been mentioned here before. They are just reporting what should be common knowledge among regular visitors of this forum. And we're still about nine months away from a release date. I suggest to hold your fire until H hour +1.

Civilians?

Can we get a working infantry model first? Formations, movement techniques? Hell, at this point, I'd just like the infantry to move more than 100m without stopping to go prone for a break.

You can't model civilians, irregulars, or other forces as part of full spectrum operations and strictly limit friendly forces to mounted maneuver only.

It needs to be combined arms.

You're missing the point.

A working infantry needs a big work in pathfinding and relative positionning, plus a big animation library.

Civies are just 3d models that can share basic animations with inf. (at least we'll have pedestrians having a little rest every 100m :P )