SB for for former WP armies?

Scrapper_511

• Members

No, it's just difficult for us to do business there - language barrier, cultural barriers, and a generally difficult environment for a variety of reasons (e.g. some of them being repressive, authoritarian, with rampant corruption, often all things combined).

Crackpot dictators like Lukashenko should go and look elsewhere to get their combat simulations. There's no way I'd travel to Belarus for business, even if they aren't exactly cannibals there.

No, it's just difficult for us to do business there - language barrier, cultural barriers, and a generally difficult environment for a variety of reasons (e.g. some of them being repressive, authoritarian, with rampant corruption, often all things combined).

Crackpot dictators like Lukashenko should go and look elsewhere to get their combat simulations. There's no way I'd travel to Belarus for business, even if they aren't exactly cannibals there.

Except maybe in the hatch of your old Leo2A4?

*Sigh*

Sometimes I wish gunboat diplomacy was stilll an expidient means of reppressing Crackpots.

"We the free world, say this:

Stop acting like a T**t or we'll get our lads (Our Brave Service men & women, cheers lads) to come over there and give you a bloody good slap."

The only thing Dictatorships seem to respond to is force.

As Killjoy likes to say: "Peace through superior firepower."

(Russia could be a prickly one to deal with.)

But yes Ssnake's protest, is probably justified, good on you, sir. :thumbup:

There are a couple of former WP states that have joined the "4 -letter club" :-)

Poland, Romania, Bulgaria and the baltik states f.e.

Considering the "rampant corruption problem" in some, and the lack of a tank force in others...pretty much only Poland is left for business :-P

Maybe these are from the Netherlands ;-)

In that case, buyer beware, Netherlands weren't too hot when it came to maintenance.

Believe it or not German kit is not infallible when not looked after.

My Skoda is still in bits. (I don't think it was me)

Before you start, Skoda are owned by VAG-com (Volkswagen & Audi Group).

I.E. German.

In that case, buyer beware, Netherlands weren't too hot when it came to maintenance.

Believe it or not German kit is not infallible when not looked after.

My Skoda is still in bits. (I don't think it was me)

Before you start, Skoda are owned by VAG-com (Volkswagen & Audi Group).

I.E. German.

No, from what I've seen they are quiete good in maintaining their gear.

The buyer may have to remove caravan-trailer hitches from the tanks and they are fine

:-P

And remove the "don't deploy on weekends" governors from the vehicles.

It may well have changed but when I was there in the late 80s, the Dutch left exercises at about 1700 Fridays and returned at approx 0800 on Mondays.

Back then it was a conscript army, now it's a all professional army. Not that that is any excuse, but I guess that has something to do with it.

OK, but surely you have some idea who did it.

Or are you trying to tell me that it spontaneously "dis assembled"?

Yeah I was driving back from work along the M23, it was quite alarming.

Ended up just my seat and my steering wheel. :debile2:

Yeah I'm kidding.

I'm taking it apart.

It was going into "Limp home/safe" mode, something to do with the turbo.

Boost failure under load.

This photo?

skoda6.jpg

It may end up with that happening

Rump

Oh too bad. It would've been interesting to see what Russian weapons systems they would have requested to be implemented in SB. I also wonder what level of inferiority complex they might have had after pitting their stuff against NATO inventory in SB.

• Members
It would've been interesting to see what Russian weapons systems they would have requested to be implemented in SB.

I agree. As long however as the Russian government sees itself rather as a rival, and not really as a partner of the West, the question remains if they can actually be interested in disclosing more information to a company like ours.

Well, it's a moot point to discuss, anyway.