- mech platoon A (CV9030)

- mech platoon B (CV9030)

- mech platoon C (CV9030): Stevo

- tank platoon D (Leopard 2A4): Eisenschwein

SE company CO: ?

- tank platoon A (Strv 122): 3 Regimento Tizona

- tank platoon B (Strv 122): Tacbat, 12Alfa

- mech platoon C (CV9040C): Brun

- mech platoon D (CV9040C): Hedgehog, Tjay, Crusty, we are the only confirmed UKArm guys, so far.

DK company CO: Kingtiger

- engineer platoon: Gibsonm

- logistics platoon (ARV, medic, repair, ammunition)

Roster amended

(We're putting in Infantry manouver pratice)

A few of the Lads in UKA would like a platoon together, anything BUT the CV90FIN, its FCS is just well, Finnish.

Finnish = British, but multiplied by a factor of 10 :biggrin:

Same UTAAS FCS as in 9040, but a bit tweaked and streamlined... Though the language sure is Finnish ;)

Zipster!

We have 3 guys who need a crash course in how to work your FCS.

(Please Bear in mind one/two of them are used to twirly things called dials.) :biggrin:

I will give you one right here. In this case FCS is fully on and functioning (normal situation):

Target modes (that you need most the time), hotkey PGUP:

1) STATIC target mode:

- GPS: green LED off

- TIS: lower left corner says KIINTOMAALI

- use when target is not moving and you are not moving (lead is not calculated and vehicle movement is not compensated)

- aim - lase - fire

2) MOVING target mode:

- GPS: green LED on

- TIS: lower left corner says LIIKEMAALI

- use when you move or target moves (lead is calculated and vehicle and target movement is compensated)

- aim - lase - track 2 seconds steadily - fire

3) if AIR target mode is on:

- GPS: green LED flickers

- TIS: ILMAMAALI

- things go strange ;)

YELLOW LED = firing prohibited by FCS. Says TULITOIMINTA ESTETTY in TIS.

To change 30mm fire mode, use PGDN. Or use the switch in the panel mentioned in the PDF below:

- TIS: lower right corner tells it: KERTA LS = single fire, PURSKE = (5 round) burst, SARJA = full auto

To change ammo:

- APFSDS-T = INS

- MP-T = DEL

- COAX = M

- NOTE: when you change 30mm ammo type, 1st round off is of "wrong" type, like with Bradley. Usually it misses.

End of belt kicks in when you have 24 APFSDS-T or 44 MP-T rounds left. Load more ammo or override using the override press button in 3D interior (mentioned in PDF). NOTE: AI gunner always overrides!

Other useful hotkeys:

Release palm switches: P... will apply battlerange 1000m

Change used range: ~... will cycle between battlerange-measured (laser) range(s)-manual range

TIS zoom: N

Smoke launchers: TAB (1st fires left, second press fires right)

HE launchers: G... there are 2 HE grenades that fire to vehicle front ~50m.

Read...

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/CV_90/30-FI

...for more info.

Any questions? ;)

NOTE: the PDF is for current PRO version... the PE "prototype" doesn't have all the bells and whistles yet! But in next PE... :D

56e83cc5e4a79_CV9030-FIinteriororiginal_

CV9030-FI interior original.zip

Thanks Zip, that clears a few things up, now I better get some turret time in :)

Cheers Zipster!

2) MOVING target mode:

- GPS: green LED on

- TIS: lower left corner says LIIKEMAALI

- use when you move or target moves (lead is calculated and vehicle and target movement is compensated)

- aim - lase - track 2 seconds steadily - fire

I thinks its the track 2 seconds then fire that throws people.

Like Crusty, I'll get some turret time between then and now. :biggrin:

SARJA = full auto

:sonic:

I thinks its the track 2 seconds then fire that throws people.

Well, it's the same amount of time most FCSs with dynamic lead take ;)

If you want to be fast, use static target and apply lead manually. Up to range 1000m with APFSDS-T it's easy as pie. Easier even, depending on the pie.

thanx for that cv info zip!

I'm just getting to know the tanks.. now I have to also dive into the cv's :)

Can't make training tonight.. hope to get some time in the cv before the 1st of december.

Been practicing when I can lately , so I can at least pretend to know what I'm doing at training. :biggrin:

Zipster!

We have 3 guys who need a crash course in how to work your FCS.

(Please Bear in mind one/two of them are used to twirly things called dials.) :biggrin:

Please excuse Hedgehog. He is too young to know that the twirly things are called knobs. It is the strange, circular analogue readouts that are dials. :debile2:

thanx for that cv info zip!

I'm just getting to know the tanks.. now I have to also dive into the cv's :)

Can't make training tonight.. hope to get some time in the cv before the 1st of december.

Been practicing when I can lately , so I can at least pretend to know what I'm doing at training. :biggrin:

OldRaven

If you are definitely on for the mission itself you need to let Duke know. That will make 4 UKA participants.

The CV9030 isn't that bad, Like Zip says much like the CV9040 and Leo2 family. Track, Lase, Fire. (or a combination)

Zipster, question... GPS/gunners peri is out, anything other sighting system, the CV9040 has the barrel cam.

This wonderful marvel of Finnish tech got anything similar?

If so how do we get to it?

(It is the CV9035 that is ass backwards.) :biggrin:

You have the Leo2A4, your plt leader is Eisenschwein, a totally crazy german tank nut, have fun:biggrin:.

Just so I get my facts straight...

An American with a Russian name will be fighting in a German tank in a Finnish unit alongside Swedes which are all commanded by a Briton. :bigsmile:

On another note, I'm having some trouble joining any online games as I am not able to access my router's settings (largely due to the fact that I do not, in fact, own said router). Still, dta delta said that Hamachi would probably work, so thats the route I'll probably have to take.

The CV9030 isn't that bad, Like Zip says much like the CV9040 and Leo2 family. Track, Lase, Fire. (or a combination)

Zipster, question... GPS/gunners peri is out, anything other sighting system, the CV9040 has the barrel cam.

This wonderful marvel of Finnish tech got anything similar?

If so how do we get to it?

(It is the CV9035 that is ass backwards.) :biggrin:

Use barrel camera like this:

- in VIS screen (alt+f2) press "video" - "barrel"

- for monitor (f2), go to the TA5 Control panel (see PDF) and change monitor image using the +/- buttons (text changes from "lampok" into "tykkik".

Then there is the 1:1 unity sight as backup's backup. See PDF on how to open it. Opening this sight prevents the use of laser...

And of course the TC has his own sight (f3) in case GPS/TIS/barrelcam are all out...