• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Servus,

Just so I get my facts straight...

An American with a Russian name will be fighting in a German tank in a Finnish unit alongside Swedes which are all commanded by a Briton. :bigsmile:

On another note, I'm having some trouble joining any online games as I am not able to access my router's settings (largely due to the fact that I do not, in fact, own said router). Still, dta delta said that Hamachi would probably work, so thats the route I'll probably have to take.

Sorry, I`m from germany.

Hey Zip we have 4 vehicles in the plt or 3?

If we have 4, Panzerleader can join to the Strv plt of Tacbat.

Who needs hamachi too?

best regards

Duke

Staffing list

Use barrel camera like this:

- in VIS screen (alt+f2) press "video" - "barrel"

- for monitor (f2), go to the TA5 Control panel (see PDF) and change monitor image using the +/- buttons (text changes from "lampok" into "tykkik".

Then there is the 1:1 unity sight as backup's backup. See PDF on how to open it. Opening this sight prevents the use of laser...

And of course the TC has his own sight (f3) in case GPS/TIS/barrelcam are all out...

Ah RTFM, got it. :)

Cheers Zipster, Looking forward to this!

Thanks but if Tango29 has already requested it via PM please give it to him (my bad!), I don't want to jump the queue :)

I'll see where the slots land and take my chances.

Cheers

Cool, thanks. It was actually his bad for not posting in this thread for all to see.

If you're still looking for a tank, I'd be happy to give up my ride?

Hi

I could inlist under brun mech platoon D (CV9040C) if that alright!

But beware, It's my first SB online session ever, so be gentle! =)

Everyone here is gentle - as we are all gentlemen.

Unfortunately, the sabo and heat rounds, not to mention the artillery, can play a bit rough on occasions. :( (I'm sure Ssnake is working on that....).

Cool, thanks. It was actually his bad for not posting in this thread for all to see.

If you're still looking for a tank, I'd be happy to give up my ride?

Thanks for the kind offer Tacbat (not that I would have taken you up on it) but I'll join the 2A4s in tank platoon D. That way we all get to crew a tank on the day :)

I will give you one right here. In this case FCS is fully on and functioning (normal situation):

Target modes (that you need most the time), hotkey PGUP:

1) STATIC target mode:

- GPS: green LED off

- TIS: lower left corner says KIINTOMAALI

- use when target is not moving and you are not moving (lead is not calculated and vehicle movement is not compensated)

- aim - lase - fire

2) MOVING target mode:

- GPS: green LED on

- TIS: lower left corner says LIIKEMAALI

- use when you move or target moves (lead is calculated and vehicle and target movement is compensated)

- aim - lase - track 2 seconds steadily - fire

3) if AIR target mode is on:

- GPS: green LED flickers

- TIS: ILMAMAALI

- things go strange ;)

YELLOW LED = firing prohibited by FCS. Says TULITOIMINTA ESTETTY in TIS.

To change 30mm fire mode, use PGDN. Or use the switch in the panel mentioned in the PDF below:

- TIS: lower right corner tells it: KERTA LS = single fire, PURSKE = (5 round) burst, SARJA = full auto

To change ammo:

- APFSDS-T = INS

- MP-T = DEL

- COAX = M

- NOTE: when you change 30mm ammo type, 1st round off is of "wrong" type, like with Bradley. Usually it misses.

End of belt kicks in when you have 24 APFSDS-T or 44 MP-T rounds left. Load more ammo or override using the override press button in 3D interior (mentioned in PDF). NOTE: AI gunner always overrides!

Other useful hotkeys:

Release palm switches: P... will apply battlerange 1000m

Change used range: ~... will cycle between battlerange-measured (laser) range(s)-manual range

TIS zoom: N

Smoke launchers: TAB (1st fires left, second press fires right)

HE launchers: G... there are 2 HE grenades that fire to vehicle front ~50m.

Read...

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/CV_90/30-FI

...for more info.

Any questions? ;)

NOTE: the PDF is for current PRO version... the PE "prototype" doesn't have all the bells and whistles yet! But in next PE... :D

Many thanks for the very useful info Zip. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a 'snap to' shortcut for the WCS panel as there is for the VIS (Alt F2)?

2. I am unable to select 'Burst Mode' on the WCS - only Single or Full Auto. (PGDN doesn't do anything and the actual switch seems to have only two positions). No big deal as Full Auto is that fast and you can count the rounds quite easily.

3. Wiki says F4 is for the TC's persiscope but take me to the vision blocks. Does the TC actually have a peri other than his own sight?

In exchange I offer the following. (Most people probably know this but it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere...).

To bring the WCS panel (WCP) up to nearly full screen so the buttons are easier to use, do this:

Scroll down in F1 mode until the panel is postioned to best advantage.

Zoom in with 'n'. (This won't achieve much on its own but makes the next step slightly easier).

Click on the guard over the main power switch in the top left corner of the panel. This will drop the guard and flip the switch to OFF.

Hit 'n' twice. This should bring the panel up nice and big so you can work the switches more easily.

Assuming you want the power back on (you do), click on the guard to lift it and then on the switch to flip it back to ON.

Use switches as required.

Also... The Wiki says the gunner can unbutton using the 'b' key, but when I do this it jumps me to the TC's unbuttoned position. Again, no big deal, but it means you have to reselect the gunner position when you go back in. (Assuming that's what you wan't).

About gunner unbuttoning, check your hotkeys... I have no problems there.

1. No. In interior, point cursor at panel and press N. It zooms all the way when you point at the controls. Your method is complicated ;) try more than once to get the hang of it.

2. Check hotkeys. I have no trouble with the selector in my PE....???

3. Well wrong word in the PDF. I meant vision blocks. TC has his own sight but no periscope with independent FOV.

About gunner unbuttoning, check your hotkeys... I have no problems there.

1. No. In interior, point cursor at panel and press N. It zooms all the way when you point at the controls. Your method is complicated ;) try more than once to get the hang of it.

2. Check hotkeys. I have no trouble with the selector in my PE....???

3. Well wrong word in the PDF. I meant vision blocks. TC has his own sight but no periscope with independent FOV.

Thanks Zip. Hadn't occurred to me that simply resting the cursor on the panel would enable the zoom function. And I see now that the FCS switch is 3 position and the selection is displayed in the top RH corner of the screen. Still can't identify the right lines in the Controls menu to allocate hotkeys to these three options tho. Are they in the CV9040 section perhaps?

As regards unbuttoning in the gunners position, when I hit 'b' I hear the hatch open (and see the light come in), but if I then hit 'q' to go up I seem to be in the TC's position as I can see the turret moving about underneath me. If I then hit 'z' to go back inside I am DEFINITELY in the TC's seat. Perhaps I should be using some keys other than 'q' and 'z' for this?

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the scenario.

The keys are correct... something weird happening regarding the unbuttoning! I have no such issue.

About the hotkeys, the 9030 hotkeys are somewhat mix of normal, 9040 and 9035. Maybe eSim wants to have less vehicle specific hotkeys...? But the hotkey for me says "next rate of fire" and is assigned by default NUM3 (=PGDN), and it will cycle the selection, so there seems to be no specific button for "auto" "single" and "burst".

The keys are correct... something weird happening regarding the unbuttoning! I have no such issue.

About the hotkeys, the 9030 hotkeys are somewhat mix of normal, 9040 and 9035. Maybe eSim wants to have less vehicle specific hotkeys...? But the hotkey for me says "next rate of fire" and is assigned by default NUM3 (=PGDN), and it will cycle the selection, so there seems to be no specific button for "auto" "single" and "burst".

Thanks Zip. I will see if NUM3 (or whatever I might have programmed that function to) switches between the 3 settings.

The fact I turn from a gunner to a TC when I unbutton and stand up in the turret is really no problem. Kind of an instant promotion. :)

The Markovski Regiment were practising with the CV9030/Fi this evening and at least two people encountered a problem where they were unable to fire the main gun despite the vehicle being fully serviceable and with plenty of ammo loaded.

The solution (thanks Hedge) was to jump out of that vehice into another and then straight back into the first. Whereupon everything worked as advertised. Strange but true - and worth storing away at the back of the mind perhaps.

So where did those Russians steal the CV9030-FIs from then?

Zip, better check your security. :)

They were originally purchased from Finland by Poland using a European Union Development Grant and then shipped via Romania, Lithuania and Peru to Russia in exchange for some crates of watered-down Vodka. :)

The Markovski Regiment were practising with the CV9030/Fi this evening and at least two people encountered a problem where they were unable to fire the main gun despite the vehicle being fully serviceable and with plenty of ammo loaded.

The solution (thanks Hedge) was to jump out of that vehice into another and then straight back into the first. Whereupon everything worked as advertised. Strange but true - and worth storing away at the back of the mind perhaps.

No, that was Marko.

I twigged the EOB had been reached and withdrew (Hid behind a hill) to reload. (I wonder if that was Zip doing the reloading SFX?)

*Clonk clonk clonk, rustle rustle clonk clonk clonk, eee click*

Need a some WD40 on those hinges. :)

I had an issue with reloading the Coax bin. it played the sound effect but didn't update the ammo count. Is there a specific position you need to occupy? Seems a bit daft if you do. (I found sitting in the back helped.)

Ah so it swaps out the ready bin.

(A long wait then... 550 rounds)

Okay,

I assumed it was like every other vehicle, adds 250 rnd segments.

Why does it take 2mins anyway, seems a bit long.....

Do you unload the coax, drop the rounds down the chute, change box, feed rounds back up the chute and load the coax?

Seems, Finnish in complexity. :)