Dec 1st multiplayer COOP mission

Zipuli

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe end-of-belt signal was reached. When exiting vehicle the AI gunner will take over and he overrides it by default. The EOB is 24/80 for AP and 44/80 for MP.

Maybe - but the player concerned was adamant that wasn't the problem, that he had plenty of ammo left but just in case had tried EOB overide anyway. Just a temporary glitch maybe.

My solution to reloading is to find a nice hiding place, switch to the Observer view, hit 'Reload All', and go make a cup of coffee - leaving the AI gunner to do the hard work.

Of course you do run the risk of coming back to find your track a smoky pile of junk but at least you are not in it at the time. :)

That sounds about right for most fiddly coax weapons.

Try expending all your ammunition (i.e. go beyond the EOB warning) and reload a chain gun.

You rapidly understand why there is an EOB warning after that. :)

Obviously not achieved by simply snapping up a cover, slapping a new belt on and banging the cover down again - as per GPMG, then?

Um no.

For the 25mm Bushmaster for example you need to basically pull the gun apart (strip the bolt) to load a new belt.

Coax, is usually a simpler process but more "fiddly" because of where the MG is located.

It is not sitting on a tripod or with lots of space above it like most ground mounted weapons.

Um no.

For the 25mm Bushmaster for example you need to basically pull the gun apart (strip the bolt) to load a new belt.

Coax, is usually a simpler process but more "fiddly" because of where the MG is located.

It is not sitting on a tripod or with lots of space above it like most ground mounted weapons.

Thanks for the info Mark. Nice to know the reasons behind what the uninitiated like me might think 'strange behaviour' in SB.

I don't suppose there is a youtube video showing the awkwardness of this task is there? :)

Something us Civvies and Pilots don't realise is how small the space is inside a PC.

Especially pilots, who are notorious for their lack of imagination. And even more especially ex-pilots. :)

Something us Civvies and Pilots don't realise is how small the space is inside a PC.

I once spent a few months working for the MOD cleaning out army vehicles heading for BATUS. As a 20st bloke trying to clean every inch of the interior of Warriors, Scimitars, Challenger ARV's etc, I can vouch for how little room there is in them (also once got stuck in the drivers position of a Challenger 1, very scary! I thought I would just have to stay there and get shipped out to Jordan!)

I don't suppose there is a youtube video showing the awkwardness of this task is there? :)

Not a video but here's a PDF:

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA191453&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

The fun starts on about page 8.

Reload times are detailed on page 13 where it talks about reloading HE only being improved from 8 min 3sec to 4 min 23sec. And this is the quick reload (deciding to reload once the EOB warning comes on). :)

Further:

"A comparison of the mean total reload time, including both sides of the ready box, showed a drop from 12 min. and 51 sec. to 7 min. and 21 sec., providing a 43% reduction in mean time while using the new system."

So that's AP and HE reloaded (pre EOB warning) dropping from say 13 min to 7 min.

A touch more than:

... simply snapping up a cover, slapping a new belt on and banging the cover down again - as per GPMG, then?

:)

Obviously not achieved by simply snapping up a cover, slapping a new belt on and banging the cover down again - as per GPMG, then?

And thats why I love the MG-3! No "cover slapping" here, you simply push/pull a new belt in and fire on :-P

Btw, the german word for that "cover" is: Deckelmitgurtzuführeroberteil ;-)

Especially pilots, who are notorious for their lack of imagination. And even more especially ex-pilots. :)

LOL What makes you say this?

Just curious hehe

We have been "accused" of many things lol but I have never heard that one before. ;)

By the way, if you want to know what crampped really means, justr try a fighter or helo cockpit.

LOL What makes you say this?

Just curious hehe

We have been "accused" of many things lol but I have never heard that one before. ;)

By the way, if you want to know what crampped really means, justr try a fighter or helo cockpit.

Sorry about that. I was actually making a sarcastic comment on Hedge's lumping together of civilians and pilots - as if military pilots didn't really count as proper military people!

P.S I'm an ex-RAF army-support heli pilot.

And thats why I love the MG-3! No "cover slapping" here, you simply push/pull a new belt in and fire on :-P

Btw, the german word for that "cover" is: Deckelmitgurtzuführeroberteil ;-)

And I understand the German for windscreen wiper is: Flippenfloppenfilthspreadungstuck. :)

And I understand the German for windscreen wiper is: Flippenfloppenfilthspreadungstuck. :)

No No No, the german word is "Scheibenwischer"...which means:the thingy that wipes the windscreen ;-)

You know, we are lazy people and try to explain a things function in one word.

F.e. the "cover"(btw, what is the real name for it??) in most maschine guns contains part of the belt-feeder mechanism. Therefor...Deckel=Lid mit=with Gurtzuführeroberteil=upper part of the belt feeder mechanism. Ok ok, that's actually 3 words. But with english (at least with the limited grasp of the language that I have), I need to write half a book to explain it.

:-P

Back to topic: For the MG-3 you ONLY open the "cover" if you have a stoppage. For reloading you push the start of the belt into the MG's breach till it commes out on the other side...give it a little pull and you are good to go. This is much faster then open-fiddle belt in-close. And its better for your health if you don't rise a foot of blackened-metal into the sky telleing every ivan and his dog:"I'm the squads main weapon, I'm here and I can't fire right now 'cos I'm realoading!!"

No No No, the german word is "Scheibenwischer"...which means:the thingy that wipes the windscreen ;-)

You know, we are lazy people and try to explain a things function in one word.

F.e. the "cover"(btw, what is the real name for it??) in most maschine guns contains part of the belt-feeder mechanism. Therefor...Deckel=Lid mit=with Gurtzuführeroberteil=upper part of the belt feeder mechanism. Ok ok, that's actually 3 words. But with english (at least with the limited grasp of the language that I have), I need to write half a book to explain it.

:-P

Back to topic: For the MG-3 you ONLY open the "cover" if you have a stoppage. For reloading you push the start of the belt into the MG's breach till it commes out on the other side...give it a little pull and you are good to go. This is much faster then open-fiddle belt in-close. And its better for your health if you don't rise a foot of blackened-metal into the sky telleing every ivan and his dog:"I'm the squads main weapon, I'm here and I can't fire right now 'cos I'm realoading!!"

IMHO it is much more sensible to make a word for a complicated thingy out of several simple words because although the end result is a long word, you can at least break it down into the component parts and probably understand the meaning. In English and French you would make an entirely new word that can not be understood other than by learning it. A lot to be said for German logic. :)

You know, we are lazy people and try to explain a things function in one word. F.e. the "cover"(btw, what is the real name for it??) in most maschine guns contains part of the belt-feeder mechanism. :-P

"Feed cover"

Well in most (0.30", 0.50", Mag-58, ...) you can achieve that anyway.

You can "just push the belt in" (close cover load) and cock it twice to get the rounds on the face of the bolt or

Open the feed cover, lay the rounds on the receiver under the extractor and close the cover (open cover load) and then cock once.

Up to the operator.

Well, you could ride with us if you want?

(You might get a strange look from Tjay and/or Crusty :biggrin: )

But I know your a solid team player, Indu.

Thanks mate, but I think I'll prioritize the 9030s given the apparent lack of enthusiasm elsewhere, and the fact that my mouth starts watering just thinking about driving one. I'm sure there won't be any lack of willing tank players.