Zipuli

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not really.

Several of those Platoons are more than one unit and as long as the Platoon commander is happy to share there are several vacancies to go around.

There is also the possibility that listed players, for any number of reasons, find that they cannot attend at the last moment. I suggest that you attend in case a position becomes available just prior to the game start.

There is also the possibility that listed players, for any number of reasons, find that they cannot attend at the last moment. I suggest that you attend in case a position becomes available just prior to the game start.

...and again what Gibsomn said: The platoons are 3 or 4 vehicles each. So it is far from "full slots"

OPORD SWEDISH COMPANY

I. Situation

A. Enemy Forces.

Mechanized enemy forces are attacking north-east from Kouvola, through Valkeala towards Mikkeli. Their point of main effort is along Highway 15. The attack has left the main supply route vulnerable for our counterattacks, and the enemy has tied up resources to counter that threat. At Valkeala we estimate a mixed company size ad-hoc force has moved in to hold the town. They have recently arrived, meaning they are not heavily dug-in. Drone recon has spotted T-72 tanks moving in and unidentified IFVs along with at least one Tunguska SPAA vehicle moving in the town. Further information on the enemy location and forces is not available, but it's estimated they have had time to lay some protective minefields and build some rudimentary obstacles only. They also have a big area to hold, so they may be thinly spread. The enemy should have some indirect support available, but only in small numbers, a battery of SPA maximum. The enemy is believed to also have a local quick reaction reserve force ready to counter any activity along Highway 15 between Kouvola and Valkeala. Strenght is unknown, but estimated being a mixed company maximum. Enemy air activity has ceased due to the weather and casualties during this operation.

B. Own Forces.

NBG is in full strength with Finnish mech inf coy (+tank platoon), Swedish Armour coy and danish support coy. The force is deployed north of Valkeala, ready to attack with full ammunition and fuel. NBG is supported by a Norwegian SPA battery of 12 tubes (HE and SMOKE). Friendly air assets are tasked with denying the enemy air superiority, and there is no fixed wing close air support available for now.

C. Structure SWE Coy

SE company CO: --> 3Reg_Furia

SE company XO: --> McCoy

- tank platoon A (Strv 122) --> 3 Regimento Tizona

- tank platoon B (Strv 122) --> Tacbat, 12Alfa, Tango29

- mech platoon C (CV9040C) --> Chuikov, 3Reg_Silenxg

- mech platoon D (CV9040C) --> Brun, Grimlokk

A Platoon and C Platoon will form Team Green and B Platoon and D Platoon will form Team Blue.

D. Weather and Terrain Conditions

The first snow has fallen. The land is frosty, so it should not be too soft for vehicles, except the swamp areas...? Lakes are not yet frozen deep enough to support men or vehicles.

The temperature is -5 Celsius, and it's snowing lightly, reducing the visibility to ~1000m.

Terrain an weather conditions restrict visibility on this area.

E.Other

The town of Valkeala is evacuated of any civilians, so there are no ROE limitations in this mission.

2.Mission:

NBG is to clear the main routes (R, G, B) through the town of Valkeala, and to cut Highway 15 (OBJ 15), preventing the enemy from resupplying his attack force via HW15.

3.Execution

Brigade Commander intention:

Attack with recon elements in front, along highway 368 with Swedish coy (point of Main effort) and eastwards highway 368 with Finnish coy, to VALKEALA. Danish coy follows Swedish coy.

To attack VALKEALA with 2 companies side by side.

After taking Obj, to defend Obj in SOUTHWEST with Swedish coy and NORTHEAST with Finnish coy, and Danish coy in the NORTH of VALKEALA.

Company orders:

Swedish coy:

RADIO SILENCE UNTIL FIRST CONTACT WITH ENEMY

Start immediately recon along highway 368 to PL1

CHARLIE Platoon would immediately deploy to recon the route along the highway until reaching PL1.

For this purpose one vehicle will transit the highway itself when another will transit Green Route and the other vehicle will transit Blue Route.

In case of enemy contact with IFV or MBT, Charlie Platoon will withdraw immediately and report the contact to MOOSE

Coop1.jpg

Exceed line of departure (AL) x+15min to PL1

At exactly 15 minutes after mission start, Rest of SWE Coy units will get underway in column using the highway until reaching PL1 where Alpha and Charlie Platoon will form Green Team and will deploy in PL1 on the crossing with Green Route and Bravo and Charlie platoons will form Blue Team and deploy on PL1 on the crossing with Blue route.

Order of march would be SWE CO, Alpha, Bravo, Delta and XO. Formation Column till reaching PL1

Note. We are in radio silence until enemy contact so movement would be initiated with no additional radio comms at exactly X + 15 minutes if no enemy contact has been made by then

On PL1 establish contact and maintain contact to Finnish coy

On my order, attack with infantry in front, from PL1 to PL2, point of main effort along highway 368

Once ordered, IFV platoons will dismount their infantry and will proceed along the designates routes. Team Green Green Route, Team Blue, Blue Route.

Tank platoons will follow at supporting distance.

In case of contact with enemy armor, IFV platoons would avoid if possible being engaged and would let the tanks to take care of that objectives.

In case of contact with enemy troops or light vehicles, tanks would avoid being engaged and would let the IFV and our infantry to take care of those.

Coop2.jpg

Alpha Platoon would would separate from C platoon to take the black route that leads to PL 2. Extreme caution on this area because water and soft terrain. Vehicles must be manually and individually driven on this segment. Move on column until reaching PL 2 where you will assume Line formation.

On my order, attack with infantry in front, from PL2 to PL3, point of main effort between route green (G) and route blue (B)

With Alpha Platoon providing fire support from bpS4,Charlie Platoon with infantry dismounted, would and advance from PL2 to PL3 via along Green Route securing the sector between Green Route and Blue Route as well as the city outskirts on the west of Green Route.

Team Blue will advance along Blue Route with the infantry dismounted and the tanks of Delta Platoon supporting always from a safe distance (RPG range). Team Blue will secure Blue route and the areas west and east of Blue route.

Infantry must advance supported by the IFV at close range and the tanks must support from a safe stand-off distance, taking the lead only in case of detection of enemy tanks.

Coop3.jpg

On my order, attack to Obj and take Obj, point of main effort route green (G)

Upon receiving the advance order we will proceed South of PL3 following the axis of Green Route.

Green team will take Green Route with Charlie Platoon as lead and supported by Alpha Platoon.

Blue Team will support Green Team advance following the Blur route always slightly delayed related to Green team. Upon reaching the objective area perimeter, Blue team will deploy in line ready to support green team or to take any enemy threat on its sector.

Coop4.jpg

Occupy bpS1, bpS2 (point of main effort) and bpS3

Once the Objective is captured, SWE Coy will deploy forces to set up defensive possitions in bpS1 and bpS2 as well as in bpS3. Distribution of forces will depend in combat losses and combat readiness at that moment.

Coop5.jpg

Send XO and Strv122 to area of reserve (RES) PL2

XO leader of the BG reserve

On my orders the XO plus one Strv122 from SWE Coy, will detach from SWE Coy to form part of the BN Reserve. XO will become leader of that Reserve under direct command of BN Commander.

XO and the crew of the detached Strv 122 will move to the Reserve TS3 Channel.

Set up combat outpost CONDOR 1 with a minimum of 1 tank and 1 IFV

Set up combat outpost CONDOR 2 with a minimum of 1 IFV

CONDOR 1 and CONDOR 2 withdraw on my order.

While setting up into this Battle positions Platoon Leaders and Tank commanders would have prepared a escape and withdrawal route if ordered.

Tanks will take the lead covering the main approaches of a possible enemy armored force.

IFV will deploy in a way to cover the tank platoon flanks securing the infantry into buildings if possible but as well ready to withdraw immediately if ordered.

All the time prepare to support Finnish and Danish coy.

SWE Coy would be prepared to divert from the original planned mission and move to a different sector if required to support other units.

Actions on contact:

Weapons free

If the enemy pressure is to strong, withdraw fighting

If you find obstacles or minefields move back last cover position and start to find a bypass (from the last cover position)

If we are in the town, hold the tanks close to the infantry (use the HEAT rounds)

Use smoke grenades from your vehicles to protect withdraw or to protect your vehicle in case of need while other forces rush to support you.

Edited by Furia

OPORD SWEDISH COMPANY - Continue

Considerations

This mission is a complex one that will make us to change our posture from recon to attack to defense. We must be flexible all the time and be ready for new and unexpected orders if the situation requires it.

Due to the nature of the terrain and limited visibility, the Company will initially operate in two different teams, Green and Blue.

Enemy is expected to be entrenched and dug in so speed of advance should be such that would allow us to detect him in time and prevent falling into an ambush kill zone.

Our speed will be such we keep in line with the rest of the BN units in other sectors.

Best ammunition against enemy IFV and troops in buildings is HEAT / MZ.

Manual driving would be required in some areas with lakes and soft terrain.

Report immediately any looses or important damages.

Report immediately when in any vehicle the ammo level is below 40%

Use any opportunity of a stop in a covered area to rearm your vehicles with your stored ammo. Make sure that at least one vehicle provides security at all times to the rest while rearming.

4.support, attachments, detachments

a)artillery:

- 12 tubes (HE, smoke)

- all fire requests to BG FO

b)supply:

- 100%

- ARV, Medic and Ammo requests to CO DK

c)combat support:

- mine plow or MICLIC request to CO DK

5.leading elements

BN Callsigns:

Cdr NBG: SNOWFLAKE

CO FI: WALRUS

CO SWE: MOOSE

CO DK: PACKHORSE ONE, PACKHORSE TWO

FO: GOBLIN

XO (SWE): PUMUKLE

Radio silence till enemy contact

SWE COY COMSPLAN

We will have the following TS· channels:

SWE_Coy and the sub-channels:

ALPHA

BRAVO

CHARLIE

DELTA

Callsigns would be:

SWE CO: MOOSE

SWE XO: PUMUKLE

ALPHA: MOOSE ALPHA

BRAVO: MOOSE BRAVO

CHARLIE: MOOSE CHARLIE

DELTA: MOOSE DELTA

SWE CO and XO will stay in SWE_COY Channel while each platoon will join its own channel.

Each Platoon leader must have whisper with the other platoons and with the SWE_Coy channel.

Once the BN reserve is formed, the XO and the detached Strv 122 would leave SWE-Coy channels and will join the Reserve Channel.

Command chain:

1. Cdr NBG -> Duke

2. CO SWE -> Furia

3. CO FI -> Zipuli

4. CO DK -> Kingtiger

SWEDISH Coy OPORD

Download SWEDISH Coy OPORD

Questions?

Edited by Furia

mech platoon C (CV9030) --> Hedgehog, Tjay, Crusty, OldRavenNL

Any chance you UK-Armour guys can squeeze a Dane in there? :biggrin:

Otherwise If Induction needs support, I can take a section too?

In any case I might need to have hamachi up and running to be able to participate so if someone could help me with it, I'll be soo much happy. :)

Any chance you UK-Armour guys can squeeze a Dane in there? :biggrin:

Otherwise If Induction needs support, I can take a section too?

In any case I might need to have hamachi up and running to be able to participate so if someone could help me with it, I'll be soo much happy. :)

Well you would have to double up as a gunner.

We have four tracks and four players.