Dec 1st multiplayer COOP mission

Zipuli

Thank for the great scenario zip! I had a lot of fun in my first online session!

For me it was quite the eye opening experience just how complex armored combat can be, when you playing with people rather than AI! This is how this game should be played!

Really looking forward to the next scenario!

And a special thanks to Gladiator for showing me the ropes!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amen. I'm wondering if a v2.0 with slightly stronger Red forces would be worthwhile?

I will only slightly change the red side plan for this one (one T-72 went in the drink and a few BMDs got stuck in a building). Will not make it any stronger... BUT, NBG part II will probably have some more challenges from the red side, of course depending on Katie's red script! =)

:)

I can see this would work well.. I just need more time training some basic communication stuff..

Will work on that for the next one.

Thanx

Will dig out UKA's Basic Comms Guide and make sure it is easily accessible on the website.

Unfortunately, last night we had some inadvertent 'talk over' from SWECON which made hearing Hedge's platoon orders and other comms on the FINCON net very difficult.

As regards situational awareness, it pays to flip to map view about once a minute to ensure that your units (particularly infantry) are where you think they are. If in doubt, single click on any unit to force a map update. This is ESSENTIAL if your radio is out as you won't be getting automatic updates at all. And if someone else's radio is out, the map won't be updating that particular unit's position. So it's SOP to inform your own platoon (at least) if your radio is down.

I will only slightly change the red side plan for this one (one T-72 went in the drink and a few BMDs got stuck in a building). Will not make it any stronger... BUT, NBG part II will probably have some more challenges from the red side, of course depending on Katie's red script! =)

Great! Really looking forward to it.

I'll write up an AAR from MY point of view, please do write one from YOURS! =) And look out for the next mission in 2012!

A Day in the life of PACKHORSE 2

"PACKHORSE 2" is the call sign allocated to the Engineer and Logistic elements of the Danish Company Group force assigned to support the Swedish Company (the right forward in the BG attack).

Orders issued and battle procedure is conducted in the Company hide / Equipment Collection Point 1 (ECP 1).

8253830858_a63c089270_c.jpg

The detachment commander's intent is clear "keep up with the combat elements, anticipate their needs in order to maximise the momentum of the advance".

H+16: Lead elements of the Swe Coy report a minefield obstructing Route 368.

8253830776_1e2a437167_c.jpg

An implied task from the BG CO's orders is for Route 368 to be cleared and remain open to ensure the BG can be resupplied and quickly reinforced as required.

Accordingly, the Engineer "slice" of PACKHORSE 2 is dispatched to a holding location so that they are ready to be called forward once the Swe's secure the minefield site.

At H+20 they arrive:

8252759331_37a60c2042_c.jpg

and establish an Engineer holding location:

8252759261_7f28172a0b_c.jpg

The rest of PACKHORSE 2 displaces forward to this new location. To be called "ECP #2":

8253830520_cb14ea1c00_c.jpg

Edited by Gibsonm

ECP#2 established, with some additional security provided by parts of the BG HQ:

8252759093_ccce08b279_c.jpg

As expected the Engineers are called forward to clear the minefield.

The pre positioning means they take less time to be at the planned breach site and the clearance can start earlier than if they had remained at ECP #1:

8253830384_176c7a9203_c.jpg

The M113 with MICLIC (MIne CLearing LIne Charge) attached moves into position (a Swe tank damaged in the minefield can be seen to the slight left of the M113):

8252758917_4e0d6b7f50_c.jpg

Concurrently the ambulance moves forward to establish a forward aid station. The ARV and an ammunition truck will soon join it to establish "ECP #3".

The ambulance has its first customer (note the MICLIC to the left of picture):

8253830242_e1fa886202_c.jpg

The Engineer variant M113 arrives behind the MICLIC vehicle to mark the route once the breach has been made:

8253830130_8e786c4696_c.jpg

ECP #3 established. Now that tank can receive additional ammunition, undergo mechanical repairs and its crew receive treatment:

8252758479_892a88320a_c.jpg

Edited by Gibsonm

The MICLIC is fired:

8252758685_bb0cdeced1_c.jpg

And detonates:

8253829966_ba3afc77e1_c.jpg

The Leo 1 with mine plough attached then "proves" the route cleared by the MICLIC and detonates a mine that the line charge missed (hence why you prove the route. :)):

8253829898_7e51632040_c.jpg

Having repaired, rearmed and tended to the crew of the tank, the ambulance, ammunition truck and ARV displace forward again through the breach cleared by the Engineers.

The ARV is last as it has a job to do part way through the minefield:

8252758407_81507b85a6_c.jpg

Namely to recover the damaged tank forward to ECP #4 established on the far side of the minefield:

8252758293_55f8ba7d0e_c.jpg

Edited by Gibsonm

H+65. The echelon's new location (ECP #4), is beyond the minefield and close behind the Company now fighting its way through VALKEALA. Note its sister callsign "PACKHORSE 1" in a similar location behind the Finns:

8252758223_478cdc0ff4_c.jpg

The damaged tank arrives:

8253829538_9e90e198a4_c.jpg

In addition to the Leo 1 on the forward side of the hide, this vehicle can also provide some security while being repaired.

Before long PACKHORSE 2 has to displace forward again this time to the planned ECP #5 to resupply the Swedish units who are now almost through the town and have consumed a lot of ammunition:

8252758067_658529f22a_c.jpg

To get there though the trucks need some of the obstacles reduced (that the combat units had been able to bypass):

8252757971_33878903db_c.jpg

Just another day spent supporting the fighting elements as part of the combined arms team.

PACKHORSE 2 remains ready to support the Swedes in their next task.

Edited by Gibsonm

My gunner was the first casualty for PACKHORSE 2. RV set up just behind our platoon, I arrived, Medic arrived, first aid done in 15 minutes, and I was off again. Worked like a charm. Unfortunately, I dropped about 15 minutes later: nothing PACKHORSE 2 could do about that! :biggrin: