how to skin?

Stevo

hey guys,i need some help here,i would like to see some "dutch/NL" skins in the game,specificly for the CV90/35 and infantry,..

The thing is i wouldn know where to start,and cant find anything on the forum on this.

So maybe you can give me some advice..

thanks..

hey guys,i need some help here,i would like to see some "dutch/NL" skins in the game,specificly for the CV90/35 and infantry,..

Well the simplest option would seem to be to select "NL" from the list of available uniforms in the Mission Editor.

That has the Infantry sorted out, then you can go on the spend hours/days/weeks getting the vehicle skins "right" (assuming there aren't any in the "downloads" section already done for you)?

Typing in "Dutch" here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/21

Gave me three results.

I didn't try "Netherlands".

Well the simplest option would seem to be to select "NL" from the list of available uniforms in the Mission Editor.

That has the Infantry sorted out, then you can go on the spend hours/days/weeks getting the vehicle skins "right" (assuming there aren't any in the "downloads" section already done for you)?

Typing in "Dutch" here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/21

Gave me three results.

I didn't try "Netherlands".

Thanks for your input..,

but iam not an idiot,the dutch infantry skin is to say at least "incorrect" and altough tbere area great skins for the leo 2 there arent any for the Cv90/35 is there..?and with the 3 results you got ,one is a frcking map not a skin..

Anyway i'll look i'nto the matter thanks for all other replies..

Thanks for your input..,

but iam not an idiot,the dutch infantry skin is to say at least "incorrect" and altough tbere area great skins for the leo 2 there arent any for the Cv90/35 is there..?and crom the the 3Cv90/35 results you got one is a frcking map not a skin..

Anyway i'll look i'nto the matter thanks for all other replies..

I don't recall calling you one. :)

Since I presume the Dutch had some input for the uniform for the Pro version that they pay for (just like we had input into the AU uniform) I had assumed it was OK.

However if you reckon its "wrong" well fine (I'm not in a position to judge).

As for the vehicle skins I was just suggesting a place to look.

If they aren't "right" or if someone had filed a map under a skin, I don't see it as my problem to serve you up with a solution on a plate.

I'm not interested in Dutch skins so I didn't refine the choice.

I don't recall calling you one. :)

Since I presume the Dutch had some input for the uniform for the Pro version that they pay for (just like we had input into the AU uniform) I had assumed it was OK.

However if you reckon its "wrong" well fine (I'm not in a position to judge).

As for the vehicle skins I was just suggesting a place to look.

If they aren't "right" or if someone had filed a map under a skin, I don't see it as my problem to serve you up with a solution on a plate.

I'm not interested in Dutch skins so I didn't refine the choice.

Gibson sorry mate i think i had to much too drink last night,i appreciate your help..:drink:

http://www.dejawolf.com/steelbeasts/SBtemplates.html

You will need a photo editing app that works with layers in order to take advantage of Deja,s templates. The texture grid thingy that HH refers to is a locator for parts that aren't easily recognizable on the UV map. Most of the parts will be. If you're trying to lay out a unique paint scheme and you want your demarcation to line up it sometimes helps to cut all the relative parts and arrange them as a single unfolded image so you can line everything up. I can't emphasize this enough learn the toolbox of your editing app.