We love screenshots

stalintc

were the pics darken? or is it an ingame feature i'm not aware of?

i find colors in the game not contrasted enough...

it's beautiful like that.

I do very minimal changes in photoshop that include both contrast and temperature. That's why they look darker than normal.

Brennus,

You really do justice to my work. I think I have the colors close to where I want them so I should be uploading these skins sometime this week. Thanks for running the screens for me.

Congo

No problem at all! I'm glad you like 'em!

A few shots from some of the CV90 tutorials.

cv9001.jpg

Combined arms tutorial - arty going in ahead, with enemy APC burning in foreground

cv9003.jpg

Calling the dismounts back to the AFV

cv9004.jpg

A mech infantry platoon advancing, with others in view

cv9005.jpg

A shot from the mineclearing tutorial - the CV90 comes with a mine plow and in this tut, you clear a path through to a disabled CV90, evacuate the wounded crew and bring them to a casevac location. Here the casevac helo is landing, with the aid M113 alongside.

Hope you enjoyed them. I also posted these over at SimHQ.

smith

That would be mine.

OK I didnt know who made it. Nice job, I like this skin the best of all my downloads. I added the dots as I was trying to figure out how to make a skin of my own using the gimp.(free software) All I figured out was that I have no idea how to make a skin, and it took me a full day to put these transparent dots and streaks on that skin. :(

Mog

OK I didnt know who made it. Nice job, I like this skin the best of all my downloads. I added the dots as I was trying to figure out how to make a skin of my own using the gimp.(free software) All I figured out was that I have no idea how to make a skin, and it took me a full day to put these transparent dots and streaks on that skin. :(

Mog

No prob Mog, and thanks!

Skinning just requires patience and perserverance. Stick with it and you'll be suprised with what you can do. :)

Ok,

I have a question...there is a big difference in the quality of some of these screenshots. What exactly is the difference? Is one version older then another? Graphic cards, settings? I see that the vehicles are skinned, I got that, but the terrain and even the buildings and sky are completely different.

sbpro4a.jpg

VS

sbpro.jpg

(I love this pic)

ss011711op4.jpg

VS

cv9003.jpg

Honestly it looks like two different games.

What else is modded aside from the vehicle skins?

Thanks

The difference is that in shot 1 I used an approach of using a tele in reality, choosing a camera angle that also places some vegetation in front of the tank that then is softening up the picture a bit. Also, it is a winter map. Shot 2 is a skinned vehicle with a separate sky texture, default summer map. Picture 3 obviously used some photoshop editing to brighten colours and add some kind of blurr effect - it is heavily edited with tools that have nothing to do with the simulation's internal possebilities. Shot number four is simply an autumn landscape, pretty much default everything.

If you want to choose special camera angles, you need to arrange that either in the AAR, which I avoid when doing static shots of vehicles, due to the sub windows and markings that could interfere with the motive, or you line up the photo in the mission editor. Both methods have the disadvantage that special effects (smoke, explosions, muzzle flashes) are not visible. If you want them, you better film a live mission with fraps or another tool, later extract poictures from that movie. Special effects of very short durations probably cannot be taken in a different way (muzzle flashes), as long as you do not wish to depend on many, many attempts and a good ammount of luck concerning timing.

Thanks,

I was just wondering if there was a way to beef up the game and get it closer to those screenies.

I play Battlefield 2 and it looks great but I'm not a big fan of the gameplay style. :icon_frown:

We need something that looks like BF2 and plays like SB:ANI_army:

920407_20050615_screen005.jpg

920407_20050606_screen046.jpg

Hey Torak, as Skybird says, he tinkers a little with photoshop, plus I think most people take screens like Skybird's in the briefing screen, when you can manipulate the camera a lot more to get interesting angles.

I prefer to take my shots in-game using the views that are available, partly because I prefer them that way but also because I'm incompetent at photoshoppery!

Thanks,

I was just wondering if there was a way to beef up the game and get it closer to those screenies.

I play Battlefield 2 and it looks great but I'm not a big fan of the gameplay style. :icon_frown:

We need something that looks like BF2 and plays like SB:ANI_army:

920407_20050615_screen005.jpg

920407_20050606_screen046.jpg

Hey man. Can you only play BF2 in multiplayer?

Hey man. Can you only play BF2 in multiplayer?

Well, you can play it single player but the AI is for poop. They all just run around in circles. Its more to learn the controls, vehicles and the maps then to actually play on.

There are a few decent private servers without all the kiddies but its still nothing on the level of an actual tactical/sim game. Its just good clean shot'em up fun, nothing else. No authenticity at all aside from the models. Its not to bad in multiplayer but I play with some folks from work on a private server.

EDIT

I hate to get to far off topic but BF2 does have a single player community who made a bunch of mods for the game. If you want to continue the conversation please PM me

http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/

Honestly it looks like two different games.

What else is modded aside from the vehicle skins?

I'll have to apologize, because I "edit" most of my screenshots! I make minor adjustments to both contrast and temperature, and sometimes, I'll even add blur to simulate camera focus. My goal is to convert the screenshot into a photograph w/ a touch of "artistic expression". I hope that helps to clear things up...

PS: I like your sig! :biggrin: