We love screenshots

stalintc

waiting french beast....:)

first steps on french colors sb3.

strv122 and centauro with normal map.

That's a real nice camo scheme! - you should apply it to the Challenger 2 as well, in my opinion it looks closer to the Leclerc than the Leopard.

IIRC, a CRP could also include units from the regimental Recon Company or even the divisional Reconnaissance Battalion, depending on the situation. :)

It is my understanding that the Soviets did mix and match. I thought in my own reading that they were quite flexible in matching the equipment to the mission. Of course I do not claim any expertise on this matter.

That's a real nice camo scheme! - you should apply it to the Challenger 2 as well, in my opinion it looks closer to the Leclerc than the Leopard.

I chose the strv122 because it is the current armor in sb that share the most functionality with the Leclerc, not because of the shape. (Sadly it can not have the ammo selection I want (KE-WA1, M829A2, DM12, DM11).

Thanks!. I think the main difference with it is having a normal map which pretends to be a higher poly model. It allowed me to add the welds and other small details. Somehow it makes the humble BRDM look somewhat "meatier".

One of the things I noticed right away about it is how cool its tire treads looked. Nice job man. Keep up the great work.

It is my understanding that the Soviets did mix and match. I thought in my own reading that they were quite flexible in matching the equipment to the mission. Of course I do not claim any expertise on this matter.

Well I guess it depends on whose doctrine you use. ;)

For us the CRP for a MR Bn comes from the Rear Guard MR Coy and its associated Tk Pl, that way the Advance Guard Coy and its Platoon remain intact.

Certainly a CRP for Regt or Div might contain BRDM-2, P-76 or Motorcycles from the Recon Coy / Bn but that isn't the Bn's CRP, its the Regt's or Div's.

Some M60A3 goodness! Just wanted to share some pics of the mod for the old Patton. I have sort of figured out some specular and normal files that allow me to put the thermal sleeve on the A3. This is a very distinct feature that I always felt was needed.

Image11_zps9d2c5c66.jpg

Image12_zps1f1f3135.jpg

Hey Froggy,

what kind of functionality does the Strv 122 share with a Leclerc serie 2 or XXI ? Merci :mrgreen:

What it has:

Independant sight for the TC with day and thermal channels.

Battlefield management system.

2 magnifications in both day and thermal channel for gunner sight.

Gunnery is almost the same

Galix smokes grenades launchers.

Ammo selection (APFSDS-T, HEAT- MP-T, HE-T).

what it lacks:

Laser rangerfinder for TC ( like on Challenger 2) and coordinates extraction.

Main ammo ready rack (15 instead of 22).

Capacity to have 6 differents ammo type in the loadout.

Semi-automatic tracking

HE grenades.

Acceleration.

Some M60A3 goodness! Just wanted to share some pics of the mod for the old Patton. I have sort of figured out some specular and normal files that allow me to put the thermal sleeve on the A3. This is a very distinct feature that I always felt was needed.

Image11_zps9d2c5c66.jpg

Image12_zps1f1f3135.jpg

Good looking skin that :)