We love screenshots

stalintc

LOL, I'm flattered.

Just realize this mission is really unfinished, I didn't even bother to write up any text for it as I was learning how to mess with the custom mission builder.

I'll upload it for you guys though, when you play it, you can make the mission objectives anything you want, like capturing the other small towns, or going straight for the large Base. Feel free to edit it and do anything you see fit.

There's a few supply vehicles and recovery and ambulance just in case you get stuck in the rivers.

Basically, do as I did, play it out and have fun! :bigsmile:

EDIT: I tried uploading it, but I keep getting the 500 Squirrel error. :(

Hehe, as they say, know your enemy!!! :)

I'd imagine the T-90 has some sort of override for the automatic protection systems, but if they're on, why not capitalize on the situation?

T-90 tries to aim at M1A2, fly UAV closer and lase it, T-90 turret tries to turn toward UAV, M1A2 blows T-90 Turret 300 feet into the air. Love it!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Killjoy
@Killjoy - nice pics! Are those skins available for download somewhere?
I second this!

You have skins that look like that and you don't share? WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU MAN?! :clin:

...but seriously... are you going to share them?

Still fine tuning them. They'll be ready for release come Christmas! :P

interesing comparison :3

3DdrH5g.jpg

Silver shovels, and a Gun that's .5'' wider than in reality!?

What the f**k is this shit, DCS?

HueHueHue!

Silver shovels, and a Gun that's .5'' wider than in reality!?

What the f**k is this shit, DCS?

HueHueHue!

It looks pretty good from 6km away when you're hurling a Vikhr at it....

They've just closed up the gap between the barrel and the mantlet in order to reduce the polygon count (no need to render the inside of the gap). Bit of a clunky way of doing it and I'd have just had the mantlet end at the gun rather than give the gun a steroid injection, but it makes no difference at usual aviation engagement ranges.

It looks pretty good from 6km away when you're hurling a Vikhr at it....

They've just closed up the gap between the barrel and the mantlet in order to reduce the polygon count (no need to render the inside of the gap). Bit of a clunky way of doing it and I'd have just had the mantlet end at the gun rather than give the gun a steroid injection, but it makes no difference at usual aviation engagement ranges.

lol, if they were concerned about polycount they shouldn't have modeled the individual bolts for the addon armour...

comparing the SB leo and the DCS leo is a bit unfair,

its about as fair as comparing one of their helos and ours.

dont mock others for doing something different.

and while were at it, i think before having a go at one model in another sim we should look at some of the models in SB that need... updating?

I would love to see the mineplow and other mineclearing equipment models redone or at least reskinned for example.

I would love to see the mineplow and other mineclearing equipment models redone or at least reskinned for example.

yeah well i'm just sick and tired of hearing people bitching about Steel beasts graphics being garbage, while i'm working my ass of trying to make it look good.

and you will see new mineplows. Roguesnake made some new models, it's just the code needs to be broken a bit to get it working.