We love screenshots

stalintc

Here's a couple. First two are examples of what happens when the AI gunner isn't careful enough. Good thing the lead CV wasn't destroyed! The last one shows what happens in the planning stage when you move an ATGM team around the map. The guys moved, but it looks like they forgot something. Not to worry, they had it once the game started and used it to good effect.

B1.jpg.5674773136e35eac33fbaa448647bb2a.

B2.jpg.5992504bcebac406a8dbe3a49e6d5e57.

B3.jpg.e28e4cd89026c1a1d90afe53fcb3ae1d.

B1.jpg.5674773136e35eac33fbaa448647bb2a.

B2.jpg.5992504bcebac406a8dbe3a49e6d5e57.

B3.jpg.e28e4cd89026c1a1d90afe53fcb3ae1d.

Pretty cool screenshots. Are the explosions from the game or did you embellish? Too bad we can't have full night mod effects since the AI can still see as if its broad daylight.

Nah, set the visibility distance to 200m or so and voila, but that affects the TIS as well thoe. (but the TIS still sees further)

you can simulate pitch black if you like :)

The explosions are from Pyro4, but the white smoke has been darkened by 75%. The Night Mod works from 50m out to 2km depending on how far you want to see into the night. I have the moon set low in the eastern sky for Sky_Fog, and high in the southern sky for Sky_d1. This automatically takes care of matching how the sky looks with the scenario's view distance.

Navigation is a challenge, but at 50m the anticipation of a knife fight in the dark really get's your heart pumping. At 2km is plays about like a day scenario, but with a different ambiance.

My night mod for Panzer Elite found some use in Multi-Player, where everyone commented on how intense things could get.

The explosions are from Pyro4, but the white smoke has been darkened by 75%. The Night Mod works from 50m out to 2km depending on how far you want to see into the night. I have the moon set low in the eastern sky for Sky_Fog, and high in the southern sky for Sky_d1. This automatically takes care of matching how the sky looks with the scenario's view distance.

Navigation is a challenge, but at 50m the anticipation of a knife fight in the dark really get's your heart pumping. At 2km is plays about like a day scenario, but with a different ambiance.

My night mod for Panzer Elite found some use in Multi-Player, where everyone commented on how intense things could get.

Andy Magee

US Army, Major (Ret.)

Ordnance Corps

Service to the line,

On the line,

On time!

The Explosions are from where?

Question. If I were to take one of Cobras skins and say changed the hull number from 302 to 303, then gave the impression it was mine, do you Mr. Magee think it would piss him off?

Just finished up the Desert, and Winter texture changes for the Night Mod. It really breaths new life into some of the older scenarios that I've already played time and time again.

That screenshot looks eerily close to stuff that really happened in the Land Between the Two Rivers. And I mean that as a compliment; great scene!

Look Chance, he asked a question, and I answered it.

We've already been through who's been given credit for the original artwork, and I've never pretended it was me. All I've ever said is that the color / shape modifications to your files were to better fit with the rest of the simulation from "my" view of artistic harmony.

If you're concerned people don't understand that, then just remind people that these started out as your creations, and skip the condescending sarcasm because it's baseless.

Here we have a story:

Picture the scene: SB Generals (red) Vs Panzer Btl 911 (blue)

Pic 1: This guy here is merrily trotting through the woods,

(insert tongue just behind lower lip when you read this next bit)

On a real tank hunt, with real bullets, and a little purse to put them in.

(okay you can stop now)

When low and behold he spots a PanzBtl911 crewed Leo2, suitably distracted by Shady's M1, he whips out his RPG29 and lets rip.

Pic 2: Results of the carnage. (along with several crys of jubilation, half of us have lost our vehicles by this point)

Pic 3: Same guy different tank, only an outbreak of stupidity is involved, he fires his AK this time, the F**king numbnuts.

Pic 4: Oh crap, he's seen me.

Pic 5: Balance is restored.

56e83c637748b_screenie1.JPG.b42a8a084526

56e83c637a6a7_screenie2.JPG.d5755a4e8cbc

56e83c637ffbf_screenie3.JPG.46407c38f8e2

56e83c6383c71_screenie4.JPG.becca688819e

56e83c6388ade_screenie5.JPG.da1870ea56d8

56e83c637748b_screenie1.JPG.b42a8a084526

56e83c637a6a7_screenie2.JPG.d5755a4e8cbc

56e83c637ffbf_screenie3.JPG.46407c38f8e2

56e83c6383c71_screenie4.JPG.becca688819e

56e83c6388ade_screenie5.JPG.da1870ea56d8

I think the Tank in question was a little miffed, given that its 2 wingmen were dead, one claimed by the poor sod whos just had his arm shot off.

And yes dismounts can be deadly especially when its just the one, properly employed vs an unaware tank

The only reason that tank became aware of the trooper is because he fired his rifle when he should have put his RPG up the tanks arse.