We love screenshots

stalintc

On 8/11/2016 at 4:18 AM, Volcano said:

Nice screenshots Marder. You also reminded me that I forgot to update the Sinai Operation's scenarios to use the new Shot Kal. :(

...I will do that in the first major update...

In an updated "Chinese farm" scenario, the area could be made arid for better historical accuracy.

By the way, Shot Cal should be written with C, since Cal is the acronym of Continental (engine producer) Allison (transmission producer). It's also worth to mention that the modeled version is the A version.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Iarmor said:

In an updated "Chinese farm" scenario, the area could be made arid for better historical accuracy.

By the way, Shot Cal should be written with C, since Cal is the acronym of Continental (engine producer) Allison (transmission producer). It's also worth to mention that the modeled version is the A version.

From Wikipedia:

"The addition "Kal" refers to the abbreviation of the engine manufacturer "Continental", originally notated in Hebrew as שוטקל, which should read "Cal". But since Cal also means "lightweight" and the ק is closer to K than C, the name Sho't Kal struck on outside the Hebrew speaking world. "

...that and because every source on the Internet (and all the books we have) refers to it as "Sho't Kal" - is why we chose that spelling. ;)

As for the map, yes, it could be improved quite a bit.

I took the marder out for a ride again. I tried the same mission earlier, but had trouble penetrating the BMP-1s from the front. This time I used the buildings as cover to close in, to great effect:

20160813020044_1.jpg

One of the BMPs snuck around the building and surpised me, and destroyed my AI backup. Luckily German steel is strong.

20160813020203_1.jpg

It was nothing a few dozen APDS rounds can't handle:

20160813020330_1.jpg?dl=0

At this point I was running low on ammo, so I stopped to reload. I still had 6 T-55s and some lesser threats to take care of. After reloading I moved through the town towards the open desert, where I spotted another BMP-1. Unluckily I was right next to a platoon of T-55s, which caught me off guard. The added air circulation to my turret will help prevent overheating though, so it's fine.

20160813020423_1.jpg

I had a good firing position so I decided to return fire. The Marder is great if you can stay hull-down. Too bad the 20mm rounds just bounce off the front armor.

20160813020448_1.jpg

With enough RPM though, you'll eventually find a weak spot. First tank down!

20160813020548_1.jpg

The second T-55 scores a hit straight through the middle of my turret, but luckily there wasn't anything important there!

20160813020725_1.jpg

At this point I ran out of APDS, which was a bummer. I decided it was time for heroic measures, so I popped my smokes and charged right at the second T-55, while laying down supressive fire with my HE rounds.

20160813020833_1.jpg

The suppressed T-55 couldn't see anything, and was forced to reverse into a hull-down position. I now realized the third T-55 was not behind the other two, but rather off to my side:

20160813020929_1.jpg?dl=0

My engine stalled, but my turret still worked. Unfortunately my HE rounds did no damage, despite firing off around 200 of them at the second T-55.

20160813021416_1.jpg?dl=0

Lesson learned: Next time I'll have to bring more APDS rounds, 100 is only enough for one T-55.

On 8.8.2016 at 6:56 PM, Splash said:

Some unpublished 3.0 pics for nostalgia's sake:

Looking forward to 4.0.

Splash, that are some awesome shots. I took the freedom to set them up in a thread at subsim/tanksim.com's forum, credited to you, since the earlier attempt to post a link to your post got corrupted and it seems to no longer work this way. Hope you do not mind, but if you object, let me know and I delete them again.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2426419#post2426419

Edited by Skybird03

9 hours ago, Skybird03 said:

Splash, that are some awesome shots. I took the freedom to set them up in a thread at subsim/tanksim.com's forum, credited to you, since the earlier attempt to post a link to your post got corrupted and it seems to no longer work this way. Hope you do not mind, but if you object, let me know and I delete them again.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2426419#post2426419

No problem. Glad you like them.