We love screenshots

stalintc

2 minutes ago, dpabrams said:

I have figured out that I can place blue side, OPFOR (red) vehicles that are set as "destroyed" in the scenario editor and then place destroyed textures in the blue side mod folder. It makes for a nice effect on the battlefield.

Untitled-1.jpg

Very cool.

Now for burnt tyres (or at least flat ones). :)

Seriously though these look great and I would have used them in RT'18 if I'd known. I put wrecked vehicles in Mission 2 and 3 to reflect previous losses but these would have looked even better.

Is it a generic texture or do you need vehicle specific ones - and if the later how many have you completed to date and are they available somewhere?

2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Now for burnt tyres (or at least flat ones). :)

Seriously though these look great and I would have used them in RT'18 if I'd known. I put wrecked vehicles in Mission 2 and 3 to reflect previous losses but these would have looked even better.

Is it a generic texture or do you need vehicle specific ones - and if the later how many have you completed to date and are they available somewhere?

The tires just can't be done realistically so I went with the burned top BRDM, figuring smaller ammo might burn out quicker and there are plenty of ways for this tin can to vent.

The skins are made custom on each vehicle. I had a template for the T-55 but none for the BRDM. The BRDM was a dds file that I did some photo shop tricks on. I just did these today and was thinking I would do a BMP and release a pack. 

Thanks,

Pete

Some images from Rolling Thunder'18.  The first and third picture are from RT-2, the rest from RT-1

Hinds trying to take out LAVs on Route White.

SS_21_15_46.jpg

Incoming!

SS_18_16_37.jpg

Ran headlong into six BTRs and while I ran around trying to stay alive Roerbaek killed five of the six.

SS_21_01_58.jpg

AI taking out a recon team by ricochet.

SS_17_52_18.jpg

Furia Killing a PT-76 by the airfield.

SS_18_02_02.jpg

Edited by TSe419E

2 hours ago, dpabrams said:

Semi transparent M2 sight.

IMHO, previous experiments in rendering vehicle elements transparent (deleting side skirts, cargo, fording tubes, etc) have been completely harmless because, being purely visual mods on the user's frontend only, they have no tactical relevance. This, however, crosses a dangerous line, I think.

I agree fully that the sight unrealistically blocks the user's view, and making it semi-transparent is closer to real life. But a user mod doing so gives an advantage over anyone not using such a mod. That's bad juju in a multiplayer situation.

The genie might already be out of the bottle, but I think something like this should be instituted at the sim level -- like the similar effect we now have with ground cover, buildings and such.

Just my thought ... as someone who has been guilty of dabbling in this particular black art.

3 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

I can see ill be spending less time cursing at the Ma Duce!

And that's the "problem".

As Splash alluded to, this is a one in all in change (IMHO) otherwise the player with this mod gets an unfair advantage over the one without.

This isn't a cosmetic mod, this is a functionality mod.

Edited by Gibsonm