We love screenshots

stalintc

12 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Yes but he appears to have a friend (or two).

I think I know where this is from. Standing by for another "refreshed" scenario. ;)

Luckily there were more M833 than T-80U (or T-80BV in this scenario); they were needed!  And, yes, we've fought over this particular piece of virtual dirt with BG ANZAC a number of times...  Stay tuned.    

9 hours ago, Panzer_Leader said:

Yes, reviewing the AAR it was amazing how many times the M833 (not a poor round for the period) failed to penetrate the glacis of the T-80U even at point blank range. A worthy adversary!

It shouldn't be too surprising as the M833 wasn't optimized to defeat the Kontact-5 suite and uses a "softer" staballoy formulation than found in the M829 series.

• 2 weeks later...

I got GPS and Turret drive damage..  so I was told to hide...  I did, and well...  You just don't want to ignore change for shots like these.  They probably didn't ever realize what happened. 

SS_08_00_27.thumb.jpg.2d79e61baac26c5dbc933fe07bad9c29.jpg

I'm there at the red houses on the left ;)  

Edited by Lumituisku

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of shots from the 4.157 release. The first showing off the dust and the second something I haven't seen before but no doubt has been in the sim for some time - nothing quite like some unexpected secondary explosions followed by the turret launching gracefully into the air.

flying turret.jpg

ddust.jpg

@Yskonyn - its called: generated-Light_woods_03_200vu

@Hoover - I have to admit I'm also running some home-made HD textures as well as ReShade to inject additional shaders and effects into the sim but the overall effect is excellent.

29 minutes ago, norrin said:

@Hoover - I have to admit I'm also running some home-made HD textures as well as ReShade to inject additional shaders and effects into the sim but the overall effect is excellent.

great shoot norrin! please can you share here those HD textures? Looks impressive , thanks

3 hours ago, norrin said:

And could you explain a bit about ReShade as well pls ?

thx !

7 hours ago, norrin said:

Nice, I would love to have it all! :D

Would you mind sharing?

@Vikingo - I'm happy to share them but I want to fix a few errors and tidy them up a bit first, so it might take a little while.

@Koen - you can download ReShade from here: https://reshade.me/

This program allows you to inject a wide array of new shaders into almost any game, including the well known SweetFX suite.

1. Once you download the .exe, run it, and a pop-up window appears and it will ask you to select the executable of the game you want to add ReShade to - so you need to find the SBProPE64cm.exe, which you can find in the Release sub-folder of your main Steel Beasts install - select this exe.

2. You then need to select Direct3D 9 as this the version of directX that SB Pro PE runs on. Once you have selected Direct3D 9  in the Reshade pop-up the program will ask if you want to download a default set of shaders. Click yes. The program then downloads the shaders automatically and you can choose, which ones you want to keep.

3. There's quite a few shaders that are pretty much useless but I recommened that the first time you try ReShade you download them all so you can test them all to see, which ones will be useful in future.

4. Run steel beasts - if you've set up ReShade correctly you should see this text pop-up as the game loads.  Depending on your processor's speed the game load may hang for a few seconds as the shaders compile, I find on my PC it adds approx 1 second to game start-up.

reshade1.thumb.jpg.e6ca32aa1c48b3bc30ec6a683f458166.jpg

5. Start a mission and once in sim press the "Home" key on your keyboard (the default ReShade menu key) and the program will walk you through the process of adding a ReShade profile to the game. Once you've done this every time you hit the "Home" a list of drop down shaders appears that will look something like this. Just check the boxes of the shaders you want to add or remove and if you're feeling adventurous play around with the sliders at the bottom of the menu.

ReShade_ingame_menu.thumb.jpg.e855de80b71dffebf887fbbbf3aa2753.jpg

6. It should be noted that adding shaders may reduce your fps. Most seem to decrease fps by only 1 or 2 frames per second but some may decrease fps by as much as 10 fps so if you're struggling with frames you need to monitor how each shader is affecting the sims perfomance.

7. You'll find on the settings tab of the ReShade in game menu useful additional settings such as an ingame fps counter and clock or you can set up keys to enable/disable all shaders etc, which can useful when navigating the Steel Beasts menu or map editor etc.   

8. Whether you use ReShade or not is very much up to each individual and no doubt many of you will prefer the default look of the sim (see picture below).

In sim comparison showing shaders disabled and enabled.

1914900454_ReShadecompare.thumb.jpg.f18e390f2178761865a3d815fa24d17a.jpg

9. I find I use different shaders for different times of day or weather conditions.  But don't forget there are also a number of other useful settings that are available in Reshade, for instance you can enable FXAA and/or SMAA anti-aliasing for an extra boost to your anti-aliasing at the expense of only a couple of fps. In addition you can inject split screen modes (eg. Depth3D), which can then be used in combination with vorpX or Steam VR to play the sim in VR using an Occulus Rift or Vive etc.

splitscreen.thumb.jpg.0c75eb16fdc14ba940f6a4f99f398a4e.jpg

Good luck!

Edited by norrin
Corrections to text

Not to try to change this thread, but I was under the impression that we couldn't use Reshade or have any other modified models to play with SB? There was some up roar by certain players about its use. In particular Reshade.

I have nothing against Reshade, I use it for other games.

10 minutes ago, JohnO said:

Not to try to change this thread, but I was under the impression that we couldn't use Reshade or have any other modified models to play with SB? There was some up roar by certain players about its use. In particular Reshade.

I have nothing against Reshade, I use it for other games.

You can use them in singleplayer all you want. The issue is when it is used in multiplayer to gain a competitive edge by going outside the bounds of reality, such as having all T-series tanks painted bright pink. 

31 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

You can use them in singleplayer all you want. The issue is when it is used in multiplayer to gain a competitive edge by going outside the bounds of reality, such as having all T-series tanks painted bright pink. 

Roger that. Just checking.

@DK-DDAM - Sorry to harp on about this but to clarify and to do crosire's very clever software justice, ReShade allows you to manipulate light intensity, colour (RGB) saturation, bloom, HDR, image sharpness/blurriness, depth of field etc in almost an infinite number of ways. Here's roughly the same image with different combinations of just a few of the various default shaders enabled and disabled so you get a better idea of what's possible - the sky is often the best way to identify the differences in the various images. 

Reshade_comparison_M113A3.thumb.jpg.177f642eec214954c0d4cb65523c37e8.jpg

Edited by norrin

7 hours ago, norrin said:

@DK-DDAM - Sorry to harp on about this but to clarify and to do crosire's very clever software justice, ReShade allows you to manipulate light intensity, colour (RGB) saturation, bloom, HDR, image sharpness/blurriness, depth of field etc in almost an infinite number of ways. Here's roughly the same image with different combinations of just a few of the various default shaders enabled and disabled so you get a better idea of what's possible - the sky is often the best way to identify the differences in the various images. 

Reshade_comparison_M113A3.thumb.jpg.177f642eec214954c0d4cb65523c37e8.jpg

which filter is in the 3rd grid to east, 3rd grid to north?

On 8/5/2019 at 5:29 PM, stormrider_sp said:

which filter is in the 3rd grid to east, 3rd grid to north?

@stormrider_sp - Sorry, but I didn't keep a track of the shaders used for each variation - I was mainly trying to show how easy it was to make subtle chages to the the light and colours.

Here's a couple of pics of the new WIP Gelbolive skin for the Leo AS1 - the first with the default decals and the second with decals more in keeping with the new skin. I'll hopefully get it posted sometime over the weekend.long-grass.thumb.jpg.d2f031e0eff6122c136b969501c992f5.jpg

convoy.thumb.jpg.a4bcd0af15426b3e92f826e8f2f7a1ef.jpg

Edited by norrin
Swapped images

Dear all,

this is my first post ever in this forum, even though i own Steel Beasts since the first day it came out.

First of all thank you Ssnake and team for creating such a beautiful piece of software.

Recently i was in the mood for creating some screenshots while enjoying the updated engine of 4.1.

So here they are, they are all unedited, straight from the mission editor.

SS_22_19_44.thumb.jpg.037c84ac2eb55c4ab7a5028319d15a03.jpgSS_22_26_43.thumb.jpg.72489a2bc024209d2620caa03903260e.jpgSS_22_29_12.thumb.jpg.1fc9e72629bf86caccd1e05a9b78672f.jpgSS_22_32_19.thumb.jpg.8119de56e4a8176138581a5c5878e501.jpgSS_22_34_02.thumb.jpg.b52c597bc990dd5707f46b6db4cef9fa.jpgSS_22_46_13.thumb.jpg.590e0b943cd72610451c9533903459be.jpgSS_22_46_56.thumb.jpg.fe5fdba5f33a1c8c433b596a95a033d9.jpgSS_22_47_41.thumb.jpg.5580016622ec89b10e94dcb028bb95aa.jpgSS_22_47_46.thumb.jpg.59474748c0a9e944a0976138c9c3d489.jpg

I hope you like them...KR and greetings to all.

Edited by =ZERO=