We love screenshots

stalintc

Playing an 80s scenario with Pattons and M-113s. Was going to only dismount the infantry to take the final objective, but lost two of them in an ambush. So I committed the survivors into the ambush where we took down a platoon of MTLBs. It was so fun and involved that I completely forgot about my M-60s. And it was delightful to see how my M-2 on my M-113 took out the MT-LBs just like an Army National Guard soldier told me back many moons ago at a Governor's Day Event in Utah.

This game just got a whole lot bigger, funner and time consuming.

205180483_2021-06-05(5).thumb.png.0f0adb73f8a3aa916af0ac8eddd821e2.png1005504442_2021-06-05(4).thumb.png.c4e8df537f72fa647f509e9aae35b6c6.png1525378731_2021-06-05(2).thumb.png.bd808695ccc46b0cbbc6e0859700943a.png274900797_2021-06-05(6).thumb.png.b354424f09cc379cd0441901efa90a69.pngPlaying an 80s scenario

2021-06-07 (50).png

2021-06-07 (49).png

Edited by iamfritz
Added pics

• Members
1 hour ago, Grenny said:

Yeah, you must do everything perfectly as a gunner...and the normal distribution of the CEP must be in your favour 

If the target is stationary and allows you to fire more than one shot, hitting the target is n't what surprises me most. Identifying a target at that range, well... it's made possible with the magic map of Steel Beasts. Killling an M1A2SEP with a frontal shot from 7.2km distance - wellll.... here's where you probably have to be lucky.

4 hours ago, Ssnake said:

If the target is stationary and allows you to fire more than one shot, hitting the target is n't what surprises me most. Identifying a target at that range, well... it's made possible with the magic map of Steel Beasts. Killling an M1A2SEP with a frontal shot from 7.2km distance - wellll.... here's where you probably have to be lucky.

Only in so far as you know that there are no friendlies there...

We played this without Mapupdates for OPFOR...so "BLUEFOR tracker" only. Which is quiete realistic IMO

5 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

Here you go: 

SS_07_19_03.jpg

😮  I would have though round to come from higher angle even in AAR.  On video it seems to have sugh high angle.  I was thinking that it probably hit upper hull plate on deep angle and thats why penetrated.  Because roof armor isn't that thick on most AFVs 

Awesome shot and great video clip!  Well done sir  *salutes*    

I finally got to try Steel Beasts. I know nothing of tank warfare, but I remember when I was a kid, reading about the original Steel Beasts in PC Gamer and thinking it looked really fun. Unfortunately, it was always a little out of my price range for something I wasn't sure I would be able to get into.
Thankfully, I discovered the 30-day option, so I could finally try it out, and man, it's been awesome to try and learn. I also just figured out how to get my joystick setup, so now I can try that as opposed to the usual mouse control. 
Anyhow, here's my screenshot from one of the included missions that I edited. I swapped Germany for Finland, and was generous in giving myself a Leo2 instead of the old 1. 
My group of 3 Leopards pushed ahead of the Finnish T-72's and CV90's to clear a path and help secure the bridgehead. It's been fun trying to pick things up. The modern sights are a blast to use, and make tank gunnery shockingly easier than I expected. However, trying to do manual targeting with the older Soviet sights really helps you appreciate guys that can somehow manage to hit anything without the ease of automatic ranging and lead calculation. 
spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

That's the customer reaction we're hoping for. :)

It's a blast! It always looked like it would be, but the price point when it was the full sim and everything was always a bit steep for me, since I'd never really played a serious tank sim.

I'm glad the monthly price came around, as I finally was like "Pfft, $11? I can't not try it for that price!"

1 HEAT round at barrel's end clears buildings better than any infantry squad or IFV... did this to 3 buildings. One was a small post that I point-blank BLAMMed and all that was left when the dust cleared was no building and four dead terrorist corpses (screenie didn't take :( ). Lmao

1900994183_2021-06-10(1).png

Fun mission using the "Drop Red Brigade about here" function in the Mission Builder. Took a company of IPM-1s, a Pltn of Bradleys and and a pltn of M-60A3s (which died instantly but went down fighting) to fend off their attack.

The AT missile platoon stopped 2 platoons of M-1s and I had to mortar them to get them to stop. Only had 2 non-immobilized Abrams left end of mission.

First mission I've fought only from one tank, just directing everyone else around using the map. Had to repair my tracks twice tho.

2021-06-18 (2).png

30546203_2021-06-18(1).png

905295947_2021-06-19(11).png

1900310014_2021-06-19(12).png

44878623_2021-06-19(15).png

522485516_2021-06-19(17).png

• 2 weeks later...