We love screenshots

stalintc

• 1 month later...

i don't think it should affect it negatively, but the destroyed effect of the city is accomplished in the scenario with scripted bombs and so forth, so the map will come with a scenario to produce the results. with the concrete fortifications and the trench positions in the teasers, i want to hold off until i can learn how to use them and ascertain the effect they have on a scenario - since they are among my top wish list items, they simply must find a place in the map as well

15 minutes ago, Captain_Colossus said:

waiting for the upgrade to see what if anything can be added or should be modified before uploading

Understood.

I'm doing the same with another map, but also sort of waiting for a copy/paste feature that I know isn't coming for a very long time.

17 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Understood.

I'm doing the same with another map, but also sort of waiting for a copy/paste feature that I know isn't coming for a very long time.

copy/paste would certainly be a lifesaving tool. at times i have seen a malfunction occur in the map editor where trying to grab or manipulate and reposition a group of map objects inadvertently will start duplicating the map objects- but this appears to be a glitch and not a feature or something which can be reproduced at will (there are other bugs i have seen, for instance, trees or ground clutter placed in the map editor do not correlate with their proper objects in the mission- that is, the user might place tree # 12 or bush # 9, in the map editor, whereas a different tree or bush type is generated in the actual mission- seems to occur more often with particularly large, detailed maps)

27 minutes ago, Captain_Colossus said:

at times i have seen a malfunction occur in the map editor where trying to grab or manipulate and reposition a group of map objects inadvertently will start duplicating the map objects- but this appears to be a glitch and not a feature

I had this happen once but I don't remember how to replicate it. 

a mesoptamia - themed map close to finishing; i began experiencing technical problems when more splined roads and embankments were added; the program chugs, i tend to experience hangups every time the map is saved. i can still work with the map in the mission editor, but i cannot load it into a scenario- the map loading status bar fills up half way and freezes. i might try and reinstall or attempt to reduce the level of detail or something that might salvage the map- or failing that submit it to esim for troubleshooting

SS_12_31_15.jpg

SS_12_31_36.jpg

SS_13_27_15.jpg

SS_11_49_20.jpg

SS_14_51_03.jpg

SS_15_44_54.jpg

SS_15_45_33.jpg

SS_17_21_25.jpg

SS_17_26_59.jpg

SS_17_43_30.jpg

SS_17_47_04.jpg

SS_17_47_32.jpg

SS_19_17_17.jpg

SS_19_55_37.jpg

SS_19_58_45.jpg

SS_20_05_50.jpg

SS_20_06_04.jpg

SS_20_15_23.jpg

SS_20_37_11.jpg

SS_20_51_08.jpg

SS_20_56_14.jpg

SS_20_56_31.jpg

SS_21_26_16.jpg

SS_21_32_07.jpg

SS_21_38_34.jpg

SS_21_39_25.jpg

SS_22_10_24.jpg

SS_11_42_15.jpg

SS_20_47_09.jpg

tanks- arguably the best part of the map- the urbanized region is not working correctly at the moment.

however i think there are still enough interesting areas on the map which could be used until the issue is fixed or identified when esim has the bandwidth. this highway bridge area has just been added as a consolation

SS_13_40_04.jpg

SS_13_40_19.jpg

SS_13_40_57.jpg