We love screenshots

stalintc

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a retreat. So my driver turned tail and ran away. And of course, right after we blew up with tail to the enemy, everyone else turned around and ran too. The platoon was lost.

You can tell from the smoke columns in the background we were winning, we were just displacing while 2nd PLT covered us.

1968044061_2023-01-08(10).thumb.png.38ef113743d3bc39d30fb5f60bbf3710.png

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

If in doubt, set the speed of a retreat route to "reverse". This will prevent drivers from turning around. Of course, with some tanks this will be painfully (and potentially disastrously) slow. Not with the M1, though.

Yeah I retreat (perform tactical retrogrades) regularly when I need stand off (am getting my treads waxed) and they always have gone in reverse. This was a first and it ticked me off cuz the rest of the Platoon AI did monkey see/monkey die. This (my) tank turned tail and ran and Ba-Ba-Bam-Ba-Bam! Five hits in 3 seconds. It was dead around the 2nd or third. 

• Members
5 hours ago, iamfritz said:

Yeah I retreat (perform tactical retrogrades) regularly when I need stand off (am getting my treads waxed) and they always have gone in reverse. This was a first and it ticked me off cuz the rest of the Platoon AI did monkey see/monkey die.

As described in Chapter 8 of the User's Manual, I can't repeat this often enough: Chapter eight!, Retreat routes will let units reverse until no more enemy is seen, then turn around for maximum speed. This works great if you use masking terrain, which you can partially control with the selection of battle positions. When there is no masking terrain or new units appear after they have turned around, welllllll...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the M1/2/3 MAID (Mech Assault Infantry Destroyer).

1x120MM Main Gun

2xTOW Launcher

1x25mm chain gun

1xM2 .50 cal

3x7.62 mm

The Ultimate armor/infantry killer.

vlcsnap-2023-05-27-18h46m54s840.png

vlcsnap-2023-05-27-18h46m33s274.png

vlcsnap-2023-05-27-18h46m20s730.png

vlcsnap-2023-05-27-18h46m06s894.png

vlcsnap-2023-05-27-18h45m57s203.png

vlcsnap-2023-05-27-18h45m43s668.png