We love screenshots

stalintc

My Nephew completed his boot camp at Fort Jackson, December 2008. Not sure what tank he is standing in front of. Would not like to fight in this tank, look at that tank hieght. (My nephew is 5' 9".)

DSCN0139.jpg

US half track, again not sure what type this is. 40mm AA, maybe.

DSCN0140.jpg

Here is Smitty eating my dust. Keep your head down if you find yourself on point and Smitty is behind you. lol. (Pics with Dust Mod in use.)

1-13.jpg

2-14.jpg

3-10.jpg

From what I can see the tank is a M26 Pershing. (M4 Sherman Replacement.)Half track is a field conversion. (probably made in Aussie land)

The half-track is an M-15 MGMC. http://afvdb.50megs.com/usa/mgmcm15.html

The tank I don't remember the designator for, but was supposed to be similar to the British Conqueror. Same MA as the Tortoise, but with a turret.

Shot

• Members
My Nephew completed his boot camp at Fort Jackson, December 2008. Not sure what tank he is standing in front of.

I'm almost certain that it is a T29, not sure about the subdesignation. The T29E3 at Ft. Knox has additional housings for a coincidence range finder. I don't think the T-29 was ever procured in significant numbers, if it left the prototype stage at all, let alone operational deployment.

T30/34 would be the other 'possibility'. Seems to just be an incremental update of the T29 though.

The s/n would be the clincher, but I have no suitable references...

...According to the list of surviving Heavy Tanks from pre 1945, the Jackson 'NCO training' facility tank is a T30 with the 155mm gun.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Rare_US_Tanks.pdf

Greetings all,

Here's the line drawing that matches the turret layout.

The line layout is for the "E3" version but the turret matchs for the earlier version.

9erRed

Thats odd I opened it with MSpaint and in the color boxes have patterns on them:shocked:

• 3 weeks later...
Ecce Homo... GaryOwen is the creator.

New M1 model, sounds- looks like the tanks rock - I don't recall the effect being that nice before.

How was I to know that? Owen didn't say he was the creator. And at the time, it didn't have a description. It does now. Accurate lighting conditions that change with time elapsed is going to rock.

P.S. Captain Colossus, people are saying I'm you, because our initials are the same.:???: