We love screenshots

stalintc

Yeah. What Tacbat said -- sort of.

Not just for photo ops, though. It's a good way to add some immersive atmosphere to scenerios. The ability to place already-destroyed vehicles on a map using the mission editor has long been there. But with some creative use of the opfor skins feature, you can make those casualties look a little more realistic.

A twist on this would be burned-out enemy vehicles. Pre-place 'destroyed' blue T-72s and BMPs on your map and drop 'destroyed' skins for them in the main folder. (Use your Red folders for actual enemy skins).

Keep it up. Looks sweet. MERDC-pattern T-72s. Sigh...

Cool Guard's badge, too.

Shot

thanks and thanks for the badge! the one on the pdf you sent me was better than the one i was using. I'll be sure and make some Ruski OPFOR vehicles for you with the big kick me stripe on 'um ;)

Very, very well done !

Are these and others of you, Quagmire, difficult to make (question from a computer-dummy ...) ?

Hi Koen, thanks mate:). They don't take too long really. The reinforcements one was a cropped image from AAR, taken down to B&W, then some Motion Blur added followed by some colour hue changes to give it that slightly lighter colour.

All in, that picture took about 10 minutes, but others can take far longer like the T80 sitting in Red Square. That took several hours! :biggrin:

If anything, capturing a scene worth working on takes longer. You want something that looks appealing and interesting at the same time.

Most software packages give you all the tools, whether it be Photoshop, Paint Shop etc.

Give it a try, it can be fun. :)

Quagmire

Sorry I've spent a good part of the day searching and I couldn't find what I was after, so I thought I'd ask:

I seem to recall a shot of a M1 or Leo firing a APFSDS round through what was I think a Coy of BTR's that were parked side to side (that is some 10 BTR's parked side by side with the tank off to a flank and the sabot round penetrating the nicely parked APC's).

I'm not sure if this was in a Beta thread or not.

Anyone know where I need to look for this?