We love screenshots

stalintc

Looks nice, but the AI may struggle passing through the parked cars.

I'm certain they would. I didn't run a test, but from what I've read, I doubt they could pass the lampposts and telephone poles. It was purely an excercize in scene creation. It's been years since I used the map builder, and I wanted to see what I could do with it.

I was actually able to set up a couple of blocks of townscape with minimal duplication of buildings. There's lots of variety now, for sure.

re: the bumpersticker .. :) .. I've got one that says "I brake 4 burqas" too.

Here's another. Just for giggles I tried to create kind of a faux Ford with the Yota model. It's still a little rough, but now I have a constable to help keep the peace. :)

I'm not sure why the tops of the doors came out black in this pic. They're all blue. Must be the angle.

SS_20_34_32.jpg.950c476194029920d8f477fa

SS_20_34_32.jpg.950c476194029920d8f477fa

• 3 weeks later...

Studies were done in the later part of the "mid Cold War" period which revamped NATO's approach to artillery fires to be more in line with Soviet doctrine. Obviously not completely, only with regards to how we shoot at armour targets.

The Soviet study revealed that any 122/130/152 HE projo landing within approximately ten meters (if I recall correctly) of a tank would kill that tank. NATO testing confirmed this with 105 and 155.

Perhaps the direct hit by the T-55's 100mm caused a similar effect on your mate's tank.

Studies were done in the later part of the "mid Cold War" period which revamped NATO's approach to artillery fires to be more in line with Soviet doctrine. Obviously not completely, only with regards to how we shoot at armour targets.

The Soviet study revealed that any 122/130/152 HE projo landing within approximately ten meters (if I recall correctly) of a tank would kill that tank. NATO testing confirmed this with 105 and 155.

Perhaps the direct hit by the T-55's 100mm caused a similar effect on your mate's tank.

From what I've seen, in SB, explosive effects by themselves does not generate any significant armor penetrating effect.

So for a HE round to penetrate armor, it must be set to delayed fuse.

However, any delayed fuse HE round is inferior in armor defeating performance than any comparable dedicated anti tank rounds; hence my inquiry on AI ammo selection logic and Abrams' weak spot regarding the screenshot

Well, what armour penetrating effect there is is fairly non-directional - so an oblique hit on top armour is almost as dangerous as a direct strike against a vertical plate... while AP would have a much harder time relatively.

Also the spaced/laminate arrays are "vertical" and most top armour is only plain steel of relatively thin plates.

A hit on or near the turret ring, or the hull roof inboard of the armour array would probably be dangerous from a 100mm+ HE round - it should have enough force from the explosive filling alone to completely breach a plate up to 30mm thick, and thicker plates may still spall significantly to several times that thickness, with slope having no significant effect.

BTW, can anyone tell me what softspot exactly this shot went through?

Well, that's a pretty good spot to hit iff'in I was looking to kill an M1 frontal. The top plate is less than an inch in thickness, even with the sloping, the side hull thickness just beneath the turret ring though adequate isn't what I'd call "robust", and the round's angle takes it past the front right fuel cell...I'd call it a legitimate kill, very rare with HE Frag, but at least possible.

• 2 weeks later...
(an) IPM1

We have a winner! I 'kit bashed" it in PSP. All the parts are in SB Pro to make two more playable M1's. First dispose of the DU armor in the M1A1 (HA) and you have an M1A1. Next, remove the M256 120mm from the M1A1 and replace with the M68 105mm from the M1 and BINGO, you have an IPM1.

Pete

Well it's looks easy but I think it's not easy to implement slick M1A1 and M1IP in to SB.

When You throw away DU alloy elements in armor and probably other things, You need to consider thicker armor and that M1IP and M1A1 got some differences in it when compared to slick M1 etc. So it is possible, not very hard and time comsuming but still.

Sure some day we will see them in SB.