We love screenshots

stalintc

Wow, that's nasty. I didn't know that. I thought maybe it was just auto-detonation due to range or loss of LOS.

From ARMY-Technology.com:

TOW 2B anti-tank missile

TOW 2B, operates in a 'flyover shoot down' top attack mode, unlike other versions which are direct attack. It features a dual-mode target sensor designed by Thales (formerly Thomson-Thorn) Missile Electronics, which includes laser profilometer and magnetic sensor, and new warhead section, produced by Aerojet.

"The TOW 2 missile system was deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom."

It resembles the TOW 2A but without the extendible probe, and is armed with two explosively formed tantalum penetrator (EFP) warheads. The EFP warheads detonate simultaneously, one pointing downwards, the other slightly offset to give an increased hit probability. The warhead material is designed to generate pyrophoric effects within the damaged target.

Still...points given for getting it "down the hatch." :)

• Members

...and you can seek cover behind an already dead vehicle in SB Pro (or anything else that is somewhat magnetic and about 1.5 ... 2.5m high in real life), as the fuze would be triggered by both the magnetic anomaly and the vehicle profile for the integrated laser scanner.

...and you can seek cover behind an already dead vehicle in SB Pro (or anything else that is somewhat magnetic and about 1.5 ... 2.5m high in real life), as the fuze would be triggered by both the magnetic anomaly and the vehicle profile for the integrated laser scanner.

Which is nice!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okei, I found the scenario and coordinates of a good valley to try this on. I believe this is the same valley that I did this on.

Valley of the Jackel (stored in my 'My Scenarios\Multiplayer Scenarios' default directory)

Valley near coordinates: 3040,2850.

Height map: NTC.hgt

Start a vehicle at the top of one crest, drive down top speed into the valley (avoiding any obstacles of course) and watch your vehicle disappear into the earth when it starts to go up the other grade. Don't worry, all is not lost, your vehicle will resurface, good as new. Your very own subterrain vehicle!