Jump to content
stalintc

We love screenshots

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Dear all,

this is my first post ever in this forum, even though i own Steel Beasts since the first day it came out.

First of all thank you Ssnake and team for creating such a beautiful piece of software.

Recently i was in the mood for creating some screenshots while enjoying the updated engine of 4.1.

So here they are, they are all unedited, straight from the mission editor.

 SS_22_19_44.thumb.jpg.037c84ac2eb55c4ab7a5028319d15a03.jpgSS_22_26_43.thumb.jpg.72489a2bc024209d2620caa03903260e.jpgSS_22_29_12.thumb.jpg.1fc9e72629bf86caccd1e05a9b78672f.jpgSS_22_32_19.thumb.jpg.8119de56e4a8176138581a5c5878e501.jpgSS_22_34_02.thumb.jpg.b52c597bc990dd5707f46b6db4cef9fa.jpgSS_22_46_13.thumb.jpg.590e0b943cd72610451c9533903459be.jpgSS_22_46_56.thumb.jpg.fe5fdba5f33a1c8c433b596a95a033d9.jpgSS_22_47_41.thumb.jpg.5580016622ec89b10e94dcb028bb95aa.jpgSS_22_47_46.thumb.jpg.59474748c0a9e944a0976138c9c3d489.jpg

I hope you like them...KR and greetings to all.

Edited by =ZERO=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, =ZERO= said:

I hope you like them

Hi Zero,

the screenshots look great.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoover said:

Hi Zero,

the screenshots look great.👍

Thanks Hoover, next week i will get my new 21:9 monitor, then i will post some more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, =ZERO= said:

21:9 monitor

cool 😎, immersive such a  📺 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice screenshots mate. 

 

I think quite a lot can be done by our community to improve the perception of steel beasts and draw in new players. 

 

- more photos that brings out the good looking features of steel beasts: I find googling for steel beasts often being up older photos. 

- new single player missions to replace to existing ones: The missions seem quite old and perhaps they are using older and not refreshed maps. I found that only be go through map after map I started to find some good looking maps and went like ‘wow, steel beasts can actually look good’. Also a good theme makes a big difference.

- new higher resolution skins for the vehicles for download: the existing skins appear to still be made for the days when everybody were using 1080p; this isn’t what most people use today.

- allow us to import new static structures into the maps: The details to maps can be greatly enhanced through this. Perhaps can be part of the new delta map approach to pull in custom assets. 

 

Sorry for a long reply but I feel much can be done to improve and promote steel beasts and get new players and thereby more business for esims. A win-win :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, inexus said:

Sorry for a long reply but I feel much can be done to improve and promote steel beasts and get new players and thereby more business for esims. A win-win :)

So what are you waiting for ....

 

Crack on ;)

 

Edited by Gibsonm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

So what are you waiting for ....

 

;)

Hehe, yeah I'm trying to start on textures now. I will see if there are some websites that already have these (without copyright issues of course) and can be brought across to steel beasts. I watched the tutorial from ToyguyVT which is a starting point for missions. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

FYI, I'd be wary of comments like "made for the days when everybody were using 1080p; this isn’t what most people use today."

 

I know my copy runs at 1920  x 1280 and I have a fleet of several hundred boxes (6 sites, 200+ boxes per site) at work that don't even work at that.

 

Indeed this is one of the reasons why we like SB, it doesn't require state of the art graphics cards or monitors, with resulting massive hardware refreshing every year or so.

 

So while you may think 4K or 8K is the "norm" it doesn't extend across the planet.

 

Edited by Gibsonm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

FYI, I'd be wary of comments like "made for the days when everybody were using 1080p; this isn’t what most people use today."

 

I know my copy runs at 1920  x 1280 and I have a fleet of several hundred boxes (6 sites, 200+ boxes per site) at work that don't even work at that.

 

Indeed this is one of the reasons why we like SB, it doesn't require state of the art graphics cards or monitors, with resulting massive hardware refreshing every year or so.

 

So while you may think 4K or 8K is the "norm" it doesn't extend across the planet.

 

I am not referring to 4K. I think it is safe to say that 1440 is more standard these days. SB doesn't run anywhere near any normal framerate on any modern PC, so I don't understand the argument that it runs well on older machines unless it is with reducing every single graphics setting to minimal :)

 

With 'at work' does it refer to military usage of PCs? If that's the case then the funding model is quite different :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, inexus said:

With 'at work' does it refer to military usage of PCs? If that's the case then the funding model is quite different :)

 

Refer my signature block.

 

Yes the funding model certainly is - There is a through life support model to refresh the boxes every few years (usually 3+ years per refresh). We don't spend great slabs of tax payer's money trying to be on the bleeding edge.

 

I'm just saying that making the sort of sweeping assumptions / statements that you did aren't necessarily correct and if you spend lots of time building these new HiRes mods, you maybe disappointed that they:

 

a. Aren't used by "everyone" and

b. Aren't necessarily rolled into subsequent SB releases (since its pretty much the one core product with a Mil Spec and Commercial variants).

 

But by all means keep going and I hope at least some people use them.

 

I'm also wary of "allow us to import new static structures into the maps: The details to maps can be greatly enhanced through this" as there is a trade off between "prettiness" and "playability".

 

A town full of street furniture, walls, hedges, etc. (dare I saw "cluttered") tends to be a nightmare for AI path finding.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

 

Refer my signature block.

 

Yes the funding model certainly is - There is a through life support model to refresh the boxes every few years (usually 3+ years per refresh). We don't spend great slabs of tax payer's money trying to be on the bleeding edge.

 

I'm just saying that making the sort of sweeping assumptions / statements that you did aren't necessarily correct and if you spend lots of time building these new HiRes mods, you maybe disappointed that they:

 

a. Aren't used by "everyone" and

b. Aren't necessarily rolled into subsequent SB releases (since its pretty much the one core product with a Mil Spec and Commercial variants).

 

But by all means keep going and I hope at least some people use them.

 

I'm also wary of "allow us to import new static structures into the maps: The details to maps can be greatly enhanced through this" as there is a trade off between "prettiness" and "playability".

 

A town full of street furniture, walls, hedges, etc. (dare I saw "cluttered") tends to be a nightmare for AI path finding.

 

My suggestions were intended as constructive ideas to enhance the base offering of SB to provide more realism and immersion.

 

Your reply shows why people give up being part of this community if anything about SB that isn’t 100% positive.

Edited by inexus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

 

Refer my signature block.

 

Yes the funding model certainly is - There is a through life support model to refresh the boxes every few years (usually 3+ years per refresh). We don't spend great slabs of tax payer's money trying to be on the bleeding edge.

 

I'm just saying that making the sort of sweeping assumptions / statements that you did aren't necessarily correct and if you spend lots of time building these new HiRes mods, you maybe disappointed that they:

 

a. Aren't used by "everyone" and

b. Aren't necessarily rolled into subsequent SB releases (since its pretty much the one core product with a Mil Spec and Commercial variants).

 

But by all means keep going and I hope at least some people use them.

 

I'm also wary of "allow us to import new static structures into the maps: The details to maps can be greatly enhanced through this" as there is a trade off between "prettiness" and "playability".

 

A town full of street furniture, walls, hedges, etc. (dare I saw "cluttered") tends to be a nightmare for AI path finding.

 

a) Arent used by everyone doesn't mean it not used by anyone.

b) Its not necessary to be rolled in any version. We have a whole Downloads section for that purpose, to offer those of us who make use of such resources to share them and keep them updated.

;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stormrider_sp said:

a) Arent used by everyone doesn't mean it not used by anyone.

 

 

I know.

 

However I'm pretty sure that "most" PC users aren't using better than 1080p which was what the statement said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

However I'm pretty sure that "most" PC users aren't using better than 1080p which was what the statement said.

well, I'm one of the outliers then

res.JPG.056bfabc160e6ce0644509341c15a5f5.JPG

  Sbpro 4.1 certainly looks awesome @ this res! Its not only about detail, the monitor really brings the color palettes to another level-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ht-57 said:

well, I'm one of the outliers then

res.JPG.056bfabc160e6ce0644509341c15a5f5.JPG

  Sbpro 4.1 certainly looks awesome @ this res! Its not only about detail, the monitor really brings the color palettes to another level-

Since we seem to be voting, I have three that could  run higher than 1920x1080, but keep them right at that for performance reasons.  I even downscaled my surface book 2 to be able to squeeze some performance out of it.  I have 5-6 friends I play with fairly regularly and they all run at 1920x1080, except when using very large monitors.  On any monitor smaller than 20", I don't see any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a series of shots from a session yesterday featuring my tank de jour, the Leopard AS1, this time wearing an urban mudcam. Luckily enough I managed to get two shots into the T-72A before he even realised I was there.

Tank_de_Jour.thumb.jpg.c09bdd9a6359b67b2babd31bff40f4a7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this weekend i'll get my first opportunity to spend time with steel beasts for than just a few minutes; already i see how much the terrain has improved. some of the map locations i have been looking at to mess around in look like places i want to go on hikes or go on vacation- serene meadows, tropical islands, the improvement over all previous versions is comparable to the improvement of steel beasts version 2.00 over steel beasts gold version 1 if not more so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Captain_Colossus said:

this weekend i'll get my first opportunity to spend time with steel beasts for than just a few minutes; already i see how much the terrain has improved. some of the map locations i have been looking at to mess around in look like places i want to go on hikes or go on vacation- serene meadows, tropical islands, the improvement over all previous versions is comparable to the improvement of steel beasts version 2.00 over steel beasts gold version 1 if not more so.

Hi Captain,

have a lot of fun with 4.1! Please enjoy the beautiful screenshots from @norrin with a grain of salt🧂. I think these are not pur Steelbeasts shots but colored by an external graphics shader. Anyway they look impressive, more real than default. It‘s the magic of light 💡  that totally changes the impression and the mood of a scene.

Cheers

Hoover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoover said:

Hi Captain,

have a lot of fun with 4.1! Please enjoy the beautiful screenshots from @norrin with a grain of salt🧂. I think these are not pur Steelbeasts shots but colored by an external graphics shader. Anyway they look impressive, more real than default. It‘s the magic of light 💡  that totally changes the impression and the mood of a scene.

Cheers

Hoover

It has been discussed before. Its called Reshade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

Its called Reshade.

Will try it out, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used reshade once, prefer without tbh, looks a bit cartoonish to me, guess you love it or hate it, all things to all people. Personal choice of course. Either way above shots look good... 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...