We love screenshots

stalintc

5 hours ago, Grenny said:

Hope the armour worked as intended...

Larmor can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this M113 was hit near Shuja'iyya, in the hours after the Battle of Shuja'iyya neighborhood, when Israeli medical personnel were attacked resulting in the loss of 2 KIA and 2 WIA (crew at the time was a driver, photographer and 2 medics).  

English sources mention the incident but do not specify that the medic vehicle attacked was an M113.

"278.At around 7 a.m. on the same day, according to another witness, a military medical aid ambulance was directly struck twice while the witness and his colleague attempted to provide first aid to victims in the area. There were four persons in the vehicle, a driver, a photographer and two paramedics. The passengers were all hit, including while trying to flee the shelling. Two of them were killed and two injured."

https://www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBodies/HRCouncil/CoIGaza/A_HRC_CRP_4.docx

On 3/6/2021 at 4:11 PM, Grenny said:

Hope the armour worked as intended...

AFAIK, no fatalities in this case.

18 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

"278.At around 7 a.m. on the same day, according to another witness, a military medical aid ambulance was directly struck twice while the witness and his colleague attempted to provide first aid to victims in the area. There were four persons in the vehicle, a driver, a photographer and two paramedics. The passengers were all hit, including while trying to flee the shelling. Two of them were killed and two injured."

Never heard about it. If it did happen, I doubt that this 'military' vehicle was Israeli. It sounds like the OHCHR describes a Hamas vehicle as a 'military' vehicle. Of course Israeli medical evacuation vehicles do not carry photographers.

2 hours ago, Iarmor said:

AFAIK, no fatalities in this case.

Never heard about it. If it did happen, I doubt that this 'military' vehicle was Israeli. It sounds like the OHCHR describes a Hamas vehicle as a 'military' vehicle. Of course Israeli medical evacuation vehicles do not carry photographers.

Interesting take.  I would still like to know more.  The presence of a photographer during a combat operation is not unusual.  

The photo was originally taken by Baz Ratner, a photojournalist, so I guess I'll just have to email him.

Edited by Breakthrough7

On 3/13/2021 at 1:47 PM, Grenny said:

Have you tried using NVG/TIS?...makes night scenarios much more fun..

Lol. Ya. I was just taken back when I saw this I had to post the shot.  For some reason I'd thought night phases weren't in teh program (I don't know where I Got that). I had a battle at dawn and was so thrilled taking in the different effects I got waxed.

2021-03-13.png

Edited by iamfritz

34 minutes ago, Koen said:

nice !

Yeah, the new dustoff effects in 4.250 are sweet. Picky Me would like to see them for the duration of ground contact. They appear on landing and takeoff, but disappear if the chopper idles on the ground. Probably a resources/framerate concession?

On 2/22/2021 at 2:01 PM, Michael Ramsey said:

TANKER JOHN LIVINGSTONE.png

I just have to comment on this post.  I was was in the 5th Battalion, 68th Armored Regiment from 77-80.  I don't specifically recall meeting this gentleman.  I'm curious as to why he is being commemorated.  Anyway, this sure brings back memories. 5/68 was located at Funari barracks outside Mannheim, Germany back then.   I was in what was known as the Combat Support Company.  CSC was an ad-hoc unit consisting of a mortar platoon, a scout platoon, a redeye platoon and a ground surveillance radar platoon.  The constituent components were to be split up and come under the direct command of the battalion commander should we be deployed.   I'm pretty sure 5/68 was deactivated along with the 8th Infantry Division as part of the cold war drawdown.