We love screenshots

stalintc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THIS was a fun engagement. Platoon of M2A2s against a Ruski supply and repair depot with about a reinforced motorized infantry company I whipped up. Enemy vehicles have random states of disrepair (I think) and the scenery is amazing. Three hour operation (?) But we cleared it.

One track got stuck in a building right at the LOD. I now count these as mechanical breakdowns and had the infantry stomp to the firing line as we advanced.

(this screenie does not depict said vehicle buffer stick)

2023-08-10(12).thumb.png.e0f80e32a087cb2846dab92b4995981c.png

Edited by iamfritz

9 hours ago, TSe419E said:

Yes, you should.

Here it is, from the moment I realize the Bradley is stuck, to the moment I finally give up on it because I realize it seems to just be glitching all around the Z-buffer rabbit hole that is SBProPE Armored MOUT:

Edited by iamfritz

25 minutes ago, iamfritz said:

Here it is, from the moment I realize the Bradley is stuck, to the moment I finally give up on it because I realize it seems to just be glitching all around the Z-buffer rabbit hole that is SBProPE Armored MOUT:

Did you try towing it out with another Bradley or perhaps a tank?

5 hours ago, iamfritz said:

Yes. I drove up, did the tow, it said I was attached, backed up the towing Bradley, and it just took off (I had no tanks), leaving the trapped Brad in the wall.

Perhaps it had a residual route (light grey line on the map) and as soon as it was hooked up it reverted to that?

• Members

We believe that extraction via recovery vehicle works reliably, but maybe the required close proximity from another Bradley prevented the towing (pull out via winch (ARV) vs "drive away" (the driving part of that may be prevented by the clipping)). It is, however, just a theory.

We're going to investigate if there are other means to help you from recovering a clipping situation.